Author Topic: Achtung baby deluxe box?  (Read 86571 times)

Offline jc619er

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Achtung baby deluxe box?
« Reply #1275 on: November 17, 2011, 07:52:22 AM »
For anybody who has the Uber is the build quality on the box holding up or has it begun to fall apart at all. Just curious if it's really fragile.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • Just a good ol' boy
« Reply #1276 on: November 17, 2011, 09:02:26 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Another point of comparison.  Smashing Pumpkins, Siamese Dream [Deluxe Edition] comes out on November 29th.

Disc 1: album remastered
Disc 2: 18 demos and unreleased radio performances
Disc 3: DVD: 17 track live performance

It even comes with junk: "13 postcards featuring original album collages and a 24 page booklet that includes lyrics, photos, liner notes and track-by-track annotations by Corgan."

Total asking price? $22.75

I wouldn't buy it.

Is it because it's the Smashing Pumpkins, or that the value isn't enough?

Because that's a great deal from what I see.

Well its a great deal if you're a Smashing Pumpkins fan; but I am not. To me the SD was a pretty good deal for AB. To each their own but I don't think that we can really compare two different bands with two different fanbases. A bit apples and oranges to me.

Offline sw

• Running to Stand Still
  • At the home office it's always March 2010.
« Reply #1277 on: November 17, 2011, 01:04:57 PM »
Finally went for the Super Deluxe from Barnes & Noble with a one-time 25% coupon that came in the email. Shipping is apparently by Pony Express as it's been a week and I don't have it, nor will I until Tuesday at best. Now that it's on its way I. MUST.  HAVE. IT. NOW. But it will be a nice way to pass some time over the holiday weekend.

Offline jw

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #1278 on: November 17, 2011, 03:22:51 PM »
For anybody who has the Uber is the build quality on the box holding up or has it begun to fall apart at all. Just curious if it's really fragile.

The only problem I've noticed is the drawer is a bit snug.  It comes out easily, but it takes a little effort to get it back in the box because it's almost too big.  I've got to line it up perfectly straight.  However apart from that it seems sturdy and well made to me.  Of course it's not going to survive being dropped or anything like that, but it certainly isn't flimsy. 

I was particularly impressed with the Record/CD/DVD holders.  The cases have spacers inside the sleeves so that a gap is maintained even if the record/CD/DVD is not inside of it.  The gap helps prevent unnecessary friction on the discs.  I think this is the first time I've ever seen that.

Offline jc619er

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #1279 on: November 17, 2011, 05:53:07 PM »

The only problem I've noticed is the drawer is a bit snug.  It comes out easily, but it takes a little effort to get it back in the box because it's almost too big.  I've got to line it up perfectly straight.  However apart from that it seems sturdy and well made to me.  Of course it's not going to survive being dropped or anything like that, but it certainly isn't flimsy. 

I was particularly impressed with the Record/CD/DVD holders.  The cases have spacers inside the sleeves so that a gap is maintained even if the record/CD/DVD is not inside of it.  The gap helps prevent unnecessary friction on the discs.  I think this is the first time I've ever seen that.

Good to know. Thank you for the info. I can't wait to get my Uber.

Offline mdmomof7

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #1280 on: November 12, 2012, 09:23:20 AM »
Just thought I'd let everyone know that the AB Super Deluxe Set is now $99.99 with an an additional 10% off in November at Import CDs.

The Uber Deluxe set is $359.99 also with the extra 10% off.

I still couldn't justify the Uber, but finally got the Super Deluxe set, a year late.  ::)

Here's the link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Yes, I'm a raving feminist. What of it?
« Reply #1281 on: November 12, 2012, 09:41:45 AM »
I got the super too. I think it's great!! :)

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #1282 on: November 12, 2012, 09:42:29 AM »
There's used copies of the Uber set on Amazon that are in the $200 range (starting at $250 I think?)

Offline mdmomof7

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #1283 on: November 12, 2012, 10:10:06 AM »
^The Ubers on Amazon that are not damaged start at $260 and that's about 3x as much as I paid for the new Super.

I'd like the Uber box set, but couldn't make myself spring for it. It took me this long to fork over the $90 for the Super!  ;)

Offline jc619er

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #1284 on: November 12, 2012, 12:53:06 PM »
Just thought I'd let everyone know that the AB Super Deluxe Set is now $99.99 with an an additional 10% off in November at Import CDs.

The Uber Deluxe set is $359.99 also with the extra 10% off.

I still couldn't justify the Uber, but finally got the Super Deluxe set, a year late.  ::)

Here's the link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

That's cool they got a restock of the uber. I bought mine from them earlier this year with the 10% off. Made it a great deal and shipping was super cheap considering the uber weighs like 10 pounds. If your in the market it's totally worth it.

zootv

« Reply #1285 on: November 12, 2012, 02:51:46 PM »
I love my uber  ;)

Offline jc619er

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #1286 on: November 12, 2012, 03:37:39 PM »
I love my uber  ;)

Same here. I know it was pricey but I'd pay it again. I love the collector's aspect of it and finally getting the album on Vinyl.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #1287 on: November 12, 2012, 06:18:58 PM »
^The Ubers on Amazon that are not damaged start at $260 and that's about 3x as much as I paid for the new Super.

I'd like the Uber box set, but couldn't make myself spring for it. It took me this long to fork over the $90 for the Super!  ;)

I don't blame you. I have the Super set too.