Author Topic: Best Setlist of the 360 Tour?  (Read 2493 times)

Offline 3213dev

• Babyface
  • Shine like a burning star
Best Setlist of the 360 Tour?
« on: August 06, 2011, 04:33:29 AM »
Simple question really. It's difficult to say which was the best show as I'm sure not many people attended them all and it's hard to get the 'full feel' from bootlegs.

I'm going to think about it for a while. Which do you think was the best?

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Re: Best Setlist of the 360 Tour?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 05:28:12 AM »
I'm sure the prevailing wisdom here will be for the 7th leg sets because of the AB overload- and of course, the fact that many forummers are American. (Hey, we all do it!) But I really don't think that they were the best.

I'm gonna go with the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login It's a bit of a bizarre choice because I prefer EBTTRT to Stingray as an opener, and the set annoyed me at the time for dropping to three NLOTH songs. But for my money, any 'best set' of the tour has to have Pride and it has to have Bad. Then I have to rule out the 2009 sets for the cluster of NLOTH songs which killed momentum and the Leg 7 'Achtung' opening sets because I don't care for the AB opener, and that leaves La Plata!  :D Plus it gets the Mothers opening of Streets- the best of the tour, it still gets EBTTRT - yes, it has IALW rather than Zooropa but I don't find that to be enough of a game changer since Zooropa doesn't appear to be amazing live, however great a song it is.

Offline mrbono

• Stateless
  • I'm the light you can't always see
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 05:58:30 AM »
The third Croke Park gig is probably one of the best of the first leg

Main Set:
Breathe,
No Line On The Horizon,
Get On Your Boots,
Magnificent,
Beautiful Day - My Hometown,
New Year's Day,
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For,
Stay (Faraway, So Close),
Unknown Caller,
The Unforgettable Fire,
City of Blinding Lights,
Vertigo,
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (remix),
Sunday Bloody Sunday,
Pride,
MLK,
Walk On - You'll Never Walk Alone,
Where the Streets Have No Name,
One,
Bad

Encore:
Ultraviolet,
With or Without You,
Moment of Surrender

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 07:52:02 AM »
My East Rutherford Setlist, not because I was there though.

It got the 4 AB leading off, and had 4 songs from NLOTH as well.

Not to mention OOC as the closing song. And in total 26 songs.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 07:59:35 AM »
The tour evolved so much as time went on that it's hard to say definitively which individual set was the "best" so I have a few choices

From the first leg: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - Barcelona 2
-Barcelona 2 had the 7 NLOTH songs, Desire and Party Girl, the live debut of Electrical Storm, and Crazy Tonight in both remixed and original forms

From the third leg: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login -Munich
-I Will Follow, North Star and Mercy played back to back, Mothers of the Disappeared makes its tour debut, and Ultraviolet is in the set

From the fourth leg: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - Melbourne 1
-Mercy and Bad are played back to back

From the 6th leg: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - Sao Paulo 2
-Live debut of Zooropa and tour debut of Out of Control.  North Star-Beautiful Day-Miss Sarajevo-Zooropa-City of Blinding Lights =incredible, and Ultraviolet was played

From the 7th leg: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - East Rutherford
-The Fly and Magnificent both in the set, Out of Control played as the closer, 26 songs

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 11:26:36 AM »
Chicago 2 or Toronto 1 from the first NA leg, for Your Blue Room along with all the NLOTH songs.

Helsinki 2, for Every Breaking Wave and NLOTH busker version.

Montreal 2, for Out Of Control, New Year's Day, Zooropa, Scarlet, Ultraviolet all in one show.

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 11:38:43 AM »
Nashville!  ;D

Even Better Than The Real Thing
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Until The End Of The World
I Will Follow
Get On Your Boots
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / The Wanderer (snippet)
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Beautiful Day / Space Oddity (snippet)
Elevation
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Miss Sarajevo
Zooropa
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Miss You (snippet) / Crazy Tonight / Discothèque (snippet) / Psycho Killer (snippet) / Life During Wartime (snippet)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Scarlet
Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
Encore(s):

One
Amazing Grace (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
With Or Without You
Moment of Surrender
All I Want Is You

Offline U2BROTHR

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 02:24:03 PM »
I'm going to go with these three.

I was not there for Anaheim 2 Final Leg - I like how Streets and One were early in the setlist.

Main Set: Even Better Than The Real Thing, The Fly, Mysterious Ways - Don't Speak, Until the End of the World, One, Amazing Grace - Where the Streets... - All You Need Is Love - Anthem, I Will Follow, Get On Your Boots - She Loves You, I Still Haven't Found..., Stuck In a Moment, Beautiful Day - Space Oddity, Elevation, Pride, Miss Sarajevo, Zooropa, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo - It's Only Rock and Roll, I'll Go Crazy (remix) - Discotheque - Please, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Scarlet, Walk On - Never Walk

Encore(s): Ultraviolet, With or Without You, Moment of Surrender - Jungleland

Chicago Final Leg  (OTH??? WHAT!!???!?)

Main Set: Even Better Than The Real Thing, The Fly, Mysterious Ways - Tryin To Throw Your Arms - Independent Women, Until the End of the World, Out Of Control, Get On Your Boots, I Still Haven't Found... - The Promised Land, Stay - In the Wee Small Hours, Beautiful Day - Space Oddity, Elevation, Pride, Miss Sarajevo, Zooropa, City of Blinding Lights - My Kind of Town, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy (remix) - Discotheque - Life During Wartime, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Scarlet, Walk On - Battle Hymn of the Republic

Encore(s): One, Will You Love Me Tomorrow - Where the Streets Have No Name, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me - My Kind of Town, With or Without You, Moment of Surrender - One Tree Hill, One Tree Hill

Pittsburgh Final Leg (when you put Bad in the setlist, it's a special show)

Main Set: Even Better Than the Real Thing, The Fly, Mysterious Ways - Someone Somewhere in Summertime - Promised You a Miracle, Until the End of the World - Anthem, I Will Follow, Get On Your Boots, I Still Haven't Found - The Promised Land, Stay, Beautiful Day - Space Oddity, Elevation, Pride, Miss Sarajevo, Zooropa, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo - Two Hearts Beat As One, Miss You - I'll Go Crazy (remix) - Discotheque - Psycho Killer - Life During Wartime - Please, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Scarlet, Walk On

Encore(s): One, Hallelujah - Where The Streets Have No Name, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, With Or Without You, Moment Of Surrender, Bad - In The Garden - Walk On The Wild Side - 40

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 03:24:40 PM »
For me it would be Anaheim second night and Montreal second night. Both those shows were just so high energy and the order of songs was perfect.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 04:54:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The third Croke Park gig is probably one of the best of the first leg

It *was* great at that!  :D So odd to remember the days when UTEOTW, Elevation and Mysterious Ways were only rare rotations.

Offline u2north

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 12:44:16 PM »
For me it was the Minneapolis show. The combination of the rain, Zooropa, and the four Achtung Baby songs opening made it fantastic.

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
  • They'll want their money back if youre alive at 33
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 01:26:29 PM »
I'd say Chicago 2011 had the best setlist.... and yes, it is absolutely because it is the show I went to  ;)