Author Topic: Radiohead's Next Tour = 2012  (Read 2844 times)

Offline briscoetheque

• Airborne Ranger
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
Re: Radiohead's Next Tour = 2012
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2012, 10:55:47 PM »
Saw em last night in Melbourne.

80% of it was awesome. Was surprised how good some of the stuff I don't like sounded.

Offline Smee

• Desert Rose
  • Controversial, but true!
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2012, 07:24:08 AM »
What was in the 20% that wasnt awesome?

Offline briscoetheque

• Airborne Ranger
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2012, 08:11:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What was in the 20% that wasnt awesome?

the self indulgent meaningless B.S. that wasn't better than it was on the album ;-)

Offline briscoetheque

• Airborne Ranger
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2012, 10:06:43 PM »
So let me elaborate. I went both nights. There was a huge difference in the setlist, at least half the songs changed from night 1 to night 2.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The King of Limbs stuff sounded amazing. In fact the absolute highlight of the first show for me was Thom and Johnny’s version of Give Up The Ghost. Just incredible.

Lotus Flower and Bloom were excellent early cuts. Where the show did wane for me – on both nights – The Gloaming, Reckoner, Feral, Nude, Body Snatchers etc. Just not, to me, strong enough songs to keep the show going.

This is not simply a case of ‘I like their old stuff better’, I really thought their newer tunes (And I include anything after Amnesiac in that  ) came up far better than I expected. On the flipside, Airbag on the first night was a bit flat.

2nd night highlights for me though were the older tunes – Planet Telex and an incredible version of Exit Music stole the show. Exit Music – a song that everyone in the building would have known, was delivered to absolute silence. Spine tingling.

I really think however that 1 song across 2 nights from Pablo Honey and The Bends combined was disappointing.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I thoroughly enjoyed the shows, but I completely understand those who were bored. A few too many deeper cuts from In Rainbows and Amnesiac to make it a complete triumph.

Offline emalvick

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »
I'm a bit envious of all the people seeing Radiohead.  I missed out earlier this year in California but recently got a hold of a couple recordings from their tour.  I find it quite impressive although I am a bit surprised at how little they seem to be playing from the bends and OK computer.  Never-the-less, I am one of those that is loving everything Radiohead has been putting out and love hearing all the deeper cuts although I would have loved a mix up of selections from Hail to the Thief just because there are a few tracks there that I love a lot that don't get touched (this tour). 

Offline THRILLHO

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2012, 03:17:24 PM »
I'm a bit envious of all the people seeing Radiohead.  I missed out earlier this year in California but recently got a hold of a couple recordings from their tour.  I find it quite impressive although I am a bit surprised at how little they seem to be playing from the bends and OK computer.  Never-the-less, I am one of those that is loving everything Radiohead has been putting out and love hearing all the deeper cuts although I would have loved a mix up of selections from Hail to the Thief just because there are a few tracks there that I love a lot that don't get touched (this tour).

yea. ive been a Rh fans since OKC and this was my first time seeing them live. I was very let down that almost the entirety of KOL and the new songs were played in place of ...well.....ANYTHING.....else. I appreciate their confidence in the new album but, being that it's arguably my least fav Rh album, i was a lil frustrated. Great show thou and i love being at the live debut of ASOO. Heres to hoping they release an actual tour blu-ray, i own Live From the Basement, yes.

Offline jick

• Desert Rose
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2012, 07:07:31 PM »
As long as they sang their staples - Creep and High&Dry - then it will always be a listenable show.

Cheers,

J

Offline briscoetheque

• Airborne Ranger
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2012, 07:51:29 PM »
As long as they sang their staples - Creep and High&Dry - then it will always be a listenable show.

;D ;D ;D

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2012, 11:34:40 AM »
I'd want a refund if they didn't play Creep.