Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Appreciation Thread!  (Read 5586 times)

Offline LEMON!!! [Just don't mention Yahweh]

• Child of Grace
  • Like A Personal Text...
Led Zeppelin Appreciation Thread!
« on: September 29, 2011, 02:34:42 PM »
I didn't see one, so here's a thread for people to give Led Zeppelin the love they deserve. Their singer, bassist, and drummer were all amazing musicians. And Jimmy Page isn't just famous for starring with Edge in It Might Get Loud xP They're also one of the few bands like U2 who rework their songs onstage and are way more amazing live than their studio recordings.

It's ok if you're a hater and want to make negative posts, just please make them a discussion of what you don't like, not just 'they suck'. Let's show LZ a Whole Lotta Love :D

Offline hartroc

• Numb
  • Dreaming Out Loud
Re: Led Zeppelin Appreciation Thread!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 12:12:22 AM »
IV is up there with the best albums of the 70's.

Jara

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 09:05:26 AM »
muchas Luv here for the Zepp. I THINK......the only studio album i dont own is Physical Graffitti. Must give em a wee listen to soon....mind you...i listened to The BBC Sessions a few weeks ago :)

Offline rubbersoul

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 09:38:22 AM »
Rock and Roll is the greatest rock and roll song in the history of Rock and Roll.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 10:53:56 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
muchas Luv here for the Zepp. I THINK......the only studio album i dont own is Physical Graffitti. Must give em a wee listen to soon....mind you...i listened to The BBC Sessions a few weeks ago :)

Physical Graffiti is in my mind their best album and right up their with Achtung Baby as the best album ever. Kashmir, Trampled Underfoot, In the Light, Custard Pie, The Rover, Down by the Seaside....amazing album!

Jara

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 12:26:12 PM »

Physical Graffiti is in my mind their best album and right up their with Achtung Baby as the best album ever. Kashmir, Trampled Underfoot, In the Light, Custard Pie, The Rover, Down by the Seaside....amazing album!
I just went and bought it....along with In Through The Outdoor.....and im CONVINCED thats me got all origianl studio albums now :P

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 08:32:24 PM »
Most important, and greatest band ever.

8 studio albums in 10 years, basically redefined the music industry in terms of technical recording prowess, tackling multiple musical styles, ad eschewing the traditional "you need to have a hit single" mentality.

Live they were sloppy more often than not, but on an "on" night they were just untouchable.

Watching them jam away is just pure joy, brilliant musicians each picking up on the nuances of the other. No two performances of the same song are alike.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 09:07:23 PM »
What I always say about Zep is that they were a great rock band, but they were an even better blues band.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • take the long way home
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 12:45:39 PM »
every one of their albums inspired hundreds of thousands (if not millions) to pick up instruments and start their own bands. there's no higher tribute to be paid to any musician or band.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 01:06:50 PM »
albums. rank em.

All i can say is 3 and 4 are my favs. Then im not sure? I'm not all that familiar with the latter-era stuff.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 08:55:14 PM »
Physical Graffitti

just stunning.

The raw power of In My Time of Dying, The beauty of Ten Years Gone, The calmness of Down By The Seaside, and of course the Epic that is Kashmir.

• Child of Grace
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 09:03:48 AM »
I've always thought II was their best work. Not that long, but every track was great. Probably was Page's best work (Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love) and What Is and What Should Never Be and Lemon Song are brilliant songs.

Offline Mercurial

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 09:58:39 AM »
I always loved 2 and 4, but 1 and 3 are awesome, too. Physical Graffiti is awesome, too. I think I've listened to 2 and 4 the most though.

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 10:14:58 AM »
Physical Graffiti for me.

IMO the most consistent catalogue in rock n roll.

• Child of Grace
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 06:19:54 PM »
What are your guys' favorite songs? For me, it's gotta be the live version of Since I've Been Loving You on HTWWWon. Ask me another day of the week and it might be Dazed and Confused, but it's always one of those two.
Dear god Page was a monster back in the day. One of the few guitarists I rank better than Edge overall.