Author Topic: Great TV you're watching now  (Read 26860 times)

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
Re: Great TV you're watching now
« Reply #390 on: February 19, 2013, 06:56:08 AM »
Latest Walking Dead was a definite improvement, although I do wish Rick would get it together, that whole thing is becoming a little tiresome.

satellitedog01

« Reply #391 on: February 19, 2013, 08:59:55 AM »
TWD lost me during the break somehow, will wait what critical reception the next couple episodes get before I get back in...

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #392 on: February 24, 2013, 03:54:01 PM »
I'm watching Twin Peaks again. The show takes place in February and March of 1989, with basically every episode taking place per day (the pilot takes place today, February 24, episode 1 takes place February 25, and so on, with a couple of exceptions.)

Offline Quenchable Thirst

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • It's a private show, no one else's gonna know
« Reply #393 on: February 25, 2013, 02:52:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm watching Twin Peaks again. The show takes place in February and March of 1989, with basically every episode taking place per day (the pilot takes place today, February 24, episode 1 takes place February 25, and so on, with a couple of exceptions.)

Some idiot on the internet spoiled Twin Peaks for me. I was reading another show's reviews and BAM! Absolutely ruined a show that I was looking forward to watch. I really like some of Lynch's movies, so I didn't think I was going to be disappointed.

Now I'll have to see how drunk I need to get to erase the memory of reading that damn spoiler.

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
« Reply #394 on: February 25, 2013, 03:09:13 PM »
Despite the big mystery I've never seen it as a predominantly 'twisty' sort of show, hence why so many people re-watch it. Just stick two fingers up at the spoiler and enjoy the characters and the atmosphere, it's brilliant and funny to boot.

satellitedog01

« Reply #395 on: February 25, 2013, 03:15:30 PM »

Some idiot on the internet spoiled Twin Peaks for me. I was reading another show's reviews and BAM! Absolutely ruined a show that I was looking forward to watch. I really like some of Lynch's movies, so I didn't think I was going to be disappointed.

Now I'll have to see how drunk I need to get to erase the memory of reading that damn spoiler.

Don't worry too much about it, the mistery doesn't stop with the case solved, and there's more than one of those to keep you guessing.
I'm re-watching the series once in a while just for the atmosphere and goofy/chilly characters.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #396 on: February 25, 2013, 04:46:28 PM »
Did Frank Booth kill Laura Palmer or what?

satellitedog01

« Reply #397 on: February 26, 2013, 08:50:05 AM »
He sure did.

Offline mdmomof7

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #398 on: February 26, 2013, 01:42:13 PM »
^ and ^^

What are you talking about? You are mixing your Lynch stuff.

I don't remember if all the TP mysteries are resolved, but Laura's killer is made clear.

So confused...

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #399 on: February 26, 2013, 01:49:03 PM »
There are many mysteries of Twin Peaks that will probably never be solved, but there are rumors and info from Lynch and others as to what would have happened in a third season.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Yes, I'm a raving feminist. What of it?
« Reply #400 on: February 26, 2013, 01:49:31 PM »
I started watching Rescue Me. I really think it's a great show so far. And I have serious crush on Denis Leary.

Offline Boom Cha!

• Acrobat
  • Do you live here or is this a vacation?
« Reply #401 on: February 26, 2013, 03:00:51 PM »
TWD lost me during the break somehow, will wait what critical reception the next couple episodes get before I get back in...

For some reason I keep watching The Walking Dead even though I find the acting terrible and not one character likable (besides Daryl). I think I keep hoping it'll be as great as it was during the first season.

Offline Boom Cha!

• Acrobat
  • Do you live here or is this a vacation?
« Reply #402 on: February 26, 2013, 03:02:52 PM »
I've started watching LOST on Netflix. Yeah, I realize I'm a few years behind but I never did follow it when it was on the air.

Please...no one post any spoilers.

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
« Reply #403 on: February 26, 2013, 03:19:20 PM »

For some reason I keep watching The Walking Dead even though I find the acting terrible and not one character likable (besides Daryl). I think I keep hoping it'll be as great as it was during the first season.

It can be very frustrating. It's so close to being a truly great show but it just can't get over the hill.

I've started watching LOST on Netflix. Yeah, I realize I'm a few years behind but I never did follow it when it was on the air.

Please...no one post any spoilers.

Enjoy! 

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #404 on: February 26, 2013, 03:25:25 PM »

It can be very frustrating. It's so close to being a truly great show but it just can't get over the hill.

I used to feel that way about Crossroads.