Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 16619 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: Nine Inch Nails
« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2017, 03:47:34 PM »
yea i watched the first 2 seasons. felt like it was a waste of time. this must be how the Lost fans felt when it ended. i mean...what was that? like it wasn't supposed to mean anything right? the soul getting taken out and all that dancing midget crap?

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2017, 07:27:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
yea i watched the first 2 seasons. felt like it was a waste of time. this must be how the Lost fans felt when it ended. i mean...what was that? like it wasn't supposed to mean anything right? the soul getting taken out and all that dancing midget crap?

Everything in the show means something. It might just not be for you.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2017, 07:49:51 PM »

ill try the movie and then decide to proceed from their. the first season was fine but the second drug out way to damn long, and with 2 of the most annoying characters ive ever seen on tv, Nadine and Gordon. seriously. you'd have to be on a serious amount of drugs to understand any of that.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #213 on: June 29, 2017, 08:40:07 PM »

ill try the movie and then decide to proceed from their. the first season was fine but the second drug out way to damn long, and with 2 of the most annoying characters ive ever seen on tv, Nadine and Gordon. seriously. you'd have to be on a serious amount of drugs to understand any of that.

The second season drags on, especially in the second half, but the last couple of episodes are fantastic. Nadine is annoying but Gordon's awesome.

Basically, Lynch wasn't really involved with much of the second season, which is why it kind of sucks.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #214 on: June 29, 2017, 08:47:46 PM »

The second season drags on, especially in the second half, but the last couple of episodes are fantastic. Nadine is annoying but Gordon's awesome.

Basically, Lynch wasn't really involved with much of the second season, which is why it kind of sucks.

the last 3 episodes had my attention i thought "oh. now something is finally happening...." Gordon is horrible i hate shout talkers.

so did i miss something with the Nadine thing? did it explain why a 35 y/o married woman with an eye patch was in HS still? or was that a Lynchian "dont try to make sense of it" thing? look, i like Lynch but sometimes i get a lil ....confused...and feel dumb watching this abstract stuff thinking it's supposed to "mean" something.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2017, 10:32:20 PM »
The second season is pretty universally agreed to not be very good, aside from the last few episodes. Much of it was silly made-for-TV drama. Nadine was part of that--I wasn't a fan of hers, either. Don't let it put you off, though. You slog through it, but then get rewarded like with episodes like last week's, or the final one in season 2.

Funny, though: I liked Gordon. And I'd say the Man From Another Place (the "dancing midget") is a bit closer to the tone of the new season. Pretty much anything to do with The Black Lodge is important to the series. It's sort of the main piece in its mythology.

I'm mixed on FWWM. It does sustain a mood, and explains the events leading up to Laura's murder. But after seeing it a second time recently, I don't think I ever need to see it again. Probably good to watch it, though, if you plan to watch season 3. It's more relevant than a lot of season 2 is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2017, 10:38:38 PM »
no i finished the series last night. ill def watch the movie and im glad to know its a prequel. i def want to watch season 3 it looks WAY more like something i'd love than s2 was. also glad to see im not alone in my boredumb with s2.

omg sherilyn fenn is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO gorgeous.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #217 on: June 30, 2017, 06:16:51 PM »
Shelly is bae.

I love that this has turned into a Twin Peaks thread!

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #218 on: June 30, 2017, 06:21:43 PM »
Also, James is one of the worst characters on the show. He's such a baby.

The whole Nadine thing is dumb. Basically, Dr. Jacoby decides that it's psychologically best for her to ride out the whole "teenager" thing.

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #219 on: June 30, 2017, 06:42:26 PM »
Twin Peaks is one of my favourite shows ever! I'm loving the new series even more, if that's possible! It's amazing! For those who haven't seen the new season yet don't expect it to be much like the original 2 seasons, it's very different. I guess it's more like Fire Walk With Me in tone, which is good. It was very sanitised for tv first time around, I don't think Lynch was allowed to do everything he wanted. He had to tone things down. Now on Showtime he's going all out and doing exactly what he wants and I think it's great! I find the show so mesmerising, hypnotic, engrossing. Very funny at times, all out creepy and gruesome at other times. Episode 8 is a pure work of art! I've never seen anything so surreal on a tv show like episode 8 before!

Lynch himself hates season 2, he's said so in interviews. He didn't have a lot to do with it anyway and he hated how it turned out. Anyway, as for the latest episode, I think NIN were perfect for it. They're just the right band and that was just the right song, dark and menacing, for what followed in the episode! I've liked a lot of NIN stuff over the years. I do quite like With Teeth. I used to listen to The Downward Spiral quite a bit but find it a bit too depressing these days! The Fragile is still my favourite.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 06:44:50 PM by Spaderholic »

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • A-B-C, easy as 1-2-3
« Reply #220 on: July 13, 2017, 09:05:30 AM »

...posted an hour ago. just sayin'.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:07:29 AM by imaginary friend »

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • A-B-C, easy as 1-2-3
« Reply #221 on: July 13, 2017, 09:15:47 AM »
well, that was quick:

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #222 on: July 13, 2017, 11:24:13 AM »
bit let down that the whole EP isnt available now.

edited to include that i love the song and its very Hesitation Marks which i loved.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 12:05:04 PM by THRILLHO »

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #223 on: July 14, 2017, 06:15:22 PM »
New song is awesome, can't wait for the EP (though I have to admit that I really liked the avant-garde sound of NTAE).

I haven't decided if I'm going to order the physical component for this one. I did for NTAE, but I ended up giving them to a friend who's a huge NIN fan (we looked at the art cards while listening to the EP, it was very messy, lots of black powdery ink everywhere).

Offline zedg

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • *POP*
« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2017, 09:09:35 PM »
Great new interview with Trent.