Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 17432 times)

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
Re: Nine Inch Nails
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2013, 04:19:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This sounds oddly upbeat...
lol perfect description

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2013, 05:34:51 PM »
Huh.  Well I can't say I expected that, but he's been getting progressively less "dark" starting after the Fragile.  Even his U2 cover wasn't nearly as dark as I would have expected.  Nothing wrong with the tune, though.  Catchy.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2013, 11:31:16 PM »
I like the song (not as much as Came Back Haunted or Copy of a) but it's weird because it's so upbeat.

Btw, is anyone familiar with thisoneisonus.org? They're a group who compiled HD "bootleg" footage shot by NIN fans on the Lights in the Sky tour and made a concert video. The main video is called "Another Version of the Truth: The Gift" and is available to download via BitTorrent or to buy from them on DVD or Blu-Ray. I bought the Blu-Ray and its phenomenal. It doesn't even seem like it's bootleg at all. Trent himself approves of the group and their project. There's also a couple of other concerts from 08/09 they've uploaded on BitTorrent (and once sold on DVD, though not any more).

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • welp, looks like I'm not making it to 10k posts
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2013, 07:59:40 AM »
I like the song (not as much as Came Back Haunted or Copy of a) but it's weird because it's so upbeat.

Btw, is anyone familiar with thisoneisonus.org? They're a group who compiled HD "bootleg" footage shot by NIN fans on the Lights in the Sky tour and made a concert video. The main video is called "Another Version of the Truth: The Gift" and is available to download via BitTorrent or to buy from them on DVD or Blu-Ray. I bought the Blu-Ray and its phenomenal. It doesn't even seem like it's bootleg at all. Trent himself approves of the group and their project. There's also a couple of other concerts from 08/09 they've uploaded on BitTorrent (and once sold on DVD, though not any more).

don't think any of that footage was fan-shot. NIN wanted to put out a live DVD of a show from that tour, but Universal pulled the plug on it. NIN dumped all the video (2 complete concerts?) online a couple of years back and told the fans to have at it. It is a fan edit, and I've heard it looks phenomenal.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2013, 10:52:22 AM »

don't think any of that footage was fan-shot. NIN wanted to put out a live DVD of a show from that tour, but Universal pulled the plug on it. NIN dumped all the video (2 complete concerts?) online a couple of years back and told the fans to have at it. It is a fan edit, and I've heard it looks phenomenal.

Yeah, you're right. There's also a show (no longer for sale by them) that was completely fan made. It was the last show on the tour in Vegas. I haven't seen the Vegas show but the Gift, as it's called, looks amazing.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2013, 01:45:23 PM »
The studio version of Find My Way can be found on youtube now. It was premiered on a radio show.

I quite like the trip-hop side of NIN, but for this song I wish the lyric content was a bit better. Still a good song.

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2013, 12:39:51 PM »
Ultimate Trent playlist went out on BBC 6 Music tonight if anyone interested in catching up.

Offline TheU2Ken

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2013, 03:49:37 PM »

well now this is just wonderful

Offline TheU2Ken

« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2013, 05:03:17 PM »
and apparently the album leaked. Won't listen til next Tuesday  :)

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2013, 08:19:24 AM »
Its streaming on itunes.

I caught some of the new tracks, and so far am digging the electronic and sometimes trip-hop vibe some of the songs give off. Satellite is even seems hip-hop inspired.

I'll have to give it a proper listen later on.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2013, 09:15:41 AM »
Here, let me save you the cost of buying SPIN magazine this month:    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2013, 10:15:36 AM »
very interesting story on the lighting company NIN works with:     You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2013, 11:05:29 AM »
Here, let me save you the cost of buying SPIN magazine this month:    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

That is how you write an article.

I feel like Trent is one of musicians everybody should know about in some form or matter due to his importance to the industry as a whole, even if it doesn't seem like much.

I hope Hesitation Marks is a great success for him.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2013, 05:09:16 PM »
NIN take the stage at Philly's Made In America festival in a little over 2 hours; you can watch them here:   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

...Macklemore's on stage right now, and they're supposed to cut over to Queens of the Stone Age at 7:30 Eastern Time (less than 20 minutes from now).

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2013, 05:23:24 PM »
NIN take the stage at Philly's Made In America festival in a little over 2 hours; you can watch them here:   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

...Macklemore's on stage right now, and they're supposed to cut over to Queens of the Stone Age at 7:30 Eastern Time (less than 20 minutes from now).

I shall be watching that

BTW, did you hear about the whole incident at the Reading Festival they had?