Author Topic: ... NEW FORUM?!  (Read 7606 times)

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
Re: ... NEW FORUM?!
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2011, 11:39:21 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The list of threads which you've posted on which has replies seems to have disappeared, will that be returning? I quite like that feature.

Those links are in the upper right next to your avatar.

Ahh indeed they are! Stupid squidgy brain! LOL

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2011, 05:56:10 PM »
We didn't have a lot of time to get this new version of the software loaded due to the serious spamming attack we were under, so the aesthetic work is being done to some degree after the fact. This wasn't an upgrade we had time to plan out, so we appreciate your patience as we work through the presentation side of things. That said, we appreciate the feedback of what you like and don't like. Some things will be changeable, others will not be.  ;D

Offline Velvet Dress

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2011, 06:37:12 PM »
We didn't have a lot of time to get this new version of the software loaded due to the serious spamming attack we were under, so the aesthetic work is being done to some degree after the fact. This wasn't an upgrade we had time to plan out, so we appreciate your patience as we work through the presentation side of things. That said, we appreciate the feedback of what you like and don't like. Some things will be changeable, others will not be.  ;D

Thanks for the hard work, mods.   I'd been wondering about the sudden jump in spam recently.

What I miss most about the old theme is the smilies.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2011, 06:51:28 PM »

Thanks for the hard work, mods.   I'd been wondering about the sudden jump in spam recently.

That one we anticipated. We are looking to get an improved set of smilies available.  ;D

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2011, 08:01:02 PM »
wondered what was up with the changes (and i did notice more new 'members' recently, but didn't realize what was going on). 
anyway, thanks for all you're doing out there, and wherever the theme lands, i'll still be here ;)  (i sort of feel like i'm on one of those 'home-crashers' makeover shows... where your whole (virtual) house gets re-themed in an afternoon? :D )

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2011, 11:17:51 PM »

You can change the smilies in your account settings under forum settings.

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2011, 01:55:02 PM »
Just a quick note to say I love the new layout! Great job, as always, mods!

Offline Thehorsefly [whinny!]

• Desert Rose
  • Nobody gonna feel no pain,Nobody gonna cry someday
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2011, 05:49:44 PM »
Wow...This is different! :o
 It's very bright. I miss the old layout, because it was a bit darker and easier on the eyes, as others have noted.

I was unaware of the spamming and such becasue I've been away from the forum for a few days...I was wondering about the layout change.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2011, 11:43:11 AM »
Made some minor changes last night. You should now be typing into a white box, not blue. Some other small tweaks here and there, also. And hope to tweak some more things as we go along.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2011, 11:46:17 AM »
Made some minor changes last night. You should now be typing into a white box, not blue. Some other small tweaks here and there, also. And hope to tweak some more things as we go along.

It's much less DOS like. Maybe now the flashbacks of high school will stop. :D ;)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2011, 12:28:01 PM »

It's much less DOS like. Maybe now the flashbacks of high school will stop. :D ;)

DOS - ah the memories..  :D :D

Offline maymay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2011, 12:51:02 PM »

So much better - thanks a lot m2!!! 

Now if you can fix the font size a wee bit (or way much) smaller when typing messages - I'd be happy as a clam.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

northstarjo

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2011, 05:27:47 PM »
it took me a while but I think I like the new format  :D.....the white reply boxes are much better than the blue ones - they were  terrible!  :P

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2011, 09:01:18 PM »
I have just discovered that you can ignore entire boards now. I doubt I'll ever use it, but that is an awesome feature.

I'm really liking the new forum!

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2011, 11:07:58 PM »
I have just discovered that you can ignore entire boards now. I doubt I'll ever use it, but that is an awesome feature.

If I wasn't a mod, I'd be all over that feature. lol.