Author Topic: U2:3D release?  (Read 5946 times)

Online briscoetheque

• Airborne Ranger
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
Re: U2:3D release?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 08:55:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I noticed a couple of the songs are up on YouTube. I think they should release it as a double disc... one in 2D and the other in 3D. Then everyone is happy.

Not blind people. Where is the braille version.

Offline BringCitrus

• Refugee
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 09:09:37 PM »
I noticed a couple of the songs are up on YouTube. I think they should release it as a double disc... one in 2D and the other in 3D. Then everyone is happy.

Not blind people. Where is the braille version.

Well if you played the two discs simultaneously, it would create a 5D version which I believe incorporates some sort of physical manifestation of the show that you can feel. Unfortunately, the stage and audience are included and will more than likely destroy your home.

But worth it.

Online briscoetheque

• Airborne Ranger
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 09:13:17 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 04:43:01 PM »
Or maybe an "audio cd" version if you want to really push the boat out. That's not even a dimension. For some reason.

Offline yew2

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 07:36:12 AM »
I loved ATYCLB, HTDAAB, NLOTH and the Vertigo Chicago concert.

And I saw U23D at the cinema. Somehow it didn't set me on fire, I mean even music -wise.

I think my audio set up at home might sound better than what they had in the cinema, but Bono just didn't seem that energised to me. That aside, I am not a fan of 3D in general, and elect to watch 2D versions.

If U23D was released in 2D (unlikely) I might buy it. But isn't it the same setlist more or less as Vertigo Chicago , and only 14 tracks ?

Offline EdgesOtherHat

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 12:50:34 PM »
I have just got a new tv with 3D capability. I thought the 3D would juts be a gimmick as it hasn't blown me away in the cinema. This tv, however, is a different matter because the 3D is incredible. U23D on Blu Ray soon pleeeease!!! Or even better let Sky show it on their 3D channel - far less expensive for me!

Offline boom boom

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 07:06:49 AM »
Good News!!  Just saw this.  U23D is doing a tour of Canada.  6 shows in total.  2 shows in Ontario, 2 in Quebec and 2 in Western Canada.  Great, the cinema is only a 5 minute drive from my place. Going to get my tickets now.  Here is the link

Offline JonD

• Wanderer
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 07:20:35 PM »
Good News!!  Just saw this.  U23D is doing a tour of Canada.  6 shows in total.  2 shows in Ontario, 2 in Quebec and 2 in Western Canada.  Great, the cinema is only a 5 minute drive from my place. Going to get my tickets now.  Here is the link

Thank you for posting this!  I am also only 5 minutes away from a theatre and will definitely be going.  I have 2 friends that are fairly big fans but I'll definitely go solo if I have to.

Jon

Offline BringCitrus

• Refugee
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 08:59:10 PM »
I saw it at the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame in their theater which I feel was built for just this kind of film. It was excellent.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Release date of LP 13 ^
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 02:10:04 PM »
I saw it at the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame in their theater which I feel was built for just this kind of film. It was excellent.

I want to go there and see it. I went in December on a school trip for jazz band and the fact that I didn't get to see it there killed me.

Offline BringCitrus

• Refugee
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 06:28:53 PM »
I want to go there and see it. I went in December on a school trip for jazz band and the fact that I didn't get to see it there killed me.

I take it you live in/near Pittsburgh with the Penguins logo. If that's the case, well worth the day trip.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Release date of LP 13 ^
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 07:53:46 PM »

I take it you live in/near Pittsburgh with the Penguins logo. If that's the case, well worth the day trip.

Yep, I'm from the Pittsburgh area. I'm planning on going there again in June so I can also see the Stones exhibit.