Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Record Deck Owners Club  (Read 31582 times)

zootv

Re: The OFFICIAL Record Deck Owners Club
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2012, 11:29:16 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My Billie Holiday arrived last week but haven't had a chance to spin it yet. I think tonights gonna be the night ;)

I dread to think how many albums i have to to give a spin thro yet. My Springsteen Live box set has 5 albums on its own!

I'm trying to buy records one at a time so I can appreciate each one.

smee

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2012, 07:27:17 AM »
My Elvis live at Madison Square Garden lp arrived. Never knew of this recording until i accidently stumbled across it last week on youtube. I listened to the whole concert. Full of all my fave 70s Elvis tunes....so it was a no brainer. Got it for only £5

Offline Snowmoon

• Elevated
  • Through the storm we reach the shore
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2012, 08:30:18 AM »
My Elvis live at Madison Square Garden lp arrived. Never knew of this recording until i accidently stumbled across it last week on youtube. I listened to the whole concert. Full of all my fave 70s Elvis tunes....so it was a no brainer. Got it for only £5
That's a good one.  Love all of Elvis's live recordings.   8)

smee

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2012, 05:30:29 PM »
That's a good one.  Love all of Elvis's live recordings.   8)
Im not familiar at all with Elvis live records. I love his 70s stuff...especially songs like Polk Salad Annie, Steamroller Blues, Never been To Spain.....stuff like that. If you can reccomend me others with such songs on it...i would be most grateful :)

Incidentally.....i hear some early versions of the Madison Square Gardens records play fast...as the Colonel wanted to fit as many songs as possible on to the album :) If mine is like that...al just buy the CD too

smee

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2012, 09:17:03 AM »
I just ordered Led Zeppelin- led zeppelin and The Song Remains The Same Double lp from Discogs.

I hd a wee looky round the charity shops and one of my vinyl record shops this afternoon. I had really been looking for led Zepp albums, as im trying to complete that collection on vinyl, before moving on to another vinyl project. But i did find The Police Synchronicity for 99p. Also, my record store had quite a few good albums in the 3 for £1 section. Albums that stuck out for me were talking heads (road to nowhere), Some Simple Minds, Some Big Country and a Keef Richards album. Obvioulsy, at 30p each, they arent going to be in the greatest shape ever, but might be worth a punt, so i might go back for another gander tomo, and buy some :)

smee

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2012, 02:55:18 PM »
I just also purchased Dry The Rivers debut album off ebay. I couldnt resist. Cheapest i found it previously was £30, i happened to check ebay and maanaged to find it for £15 delivered. No way i was turning that down.
So far this week...im waiting on the neil Young 4CD box set, Miles Davis 5Cd box set...and led Zepp I, Song Remains The same, and Dry The river: shallow bed all on vinyl.
Going into town tomo and planning getting me 7 more vinyl albums, whcih will cost me all of............£3 :P

zootv

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2012, 04:05:47 PM »
I just also purchased Dry The Rivers debut album off ebay. I couldnt resist. Cheapest i found it previously was £30, i happened to check ebay and maanaged to find it for £15 delivered. No way i was turning that down.
So far this week...im waiting on the neil Young 4CD box set, Miles Davis 5Cd box set...and led Zepp I, Song Remains The same, and Dry The river: shallow bed all on vinyl.
Going into town tomo and planning getting me 7 more vinyl albums, whcih will cost me all of............£3
Going into town tomo and planning getting me 7 more vinyl albums, whcih will cost me all of............£3 :P

You're building quite a collection Smee!

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »
Well I finally picked up the Achtung Baby Über box set and got a fantastic deal at $360 from importcds.com. It was their last copy and it came in today and it's absolutely beautiful. They shipped fast. Got it in a day and it was wrapped nicely and arrived in immaculate condition. Already listened to all the 7 inch singles and they sound fantastic. I can't wit to sit down tonight and enjoy the remastered album on vinyl. This was worth every penny. It was definitely at the top of my music purchase list. I was just waiting for the right price and I found it before it goes out of print and resells for a whole lot more.

zootv

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2012, 06:26:09 PM »
Well I finally picked up the Achtung Baby Über box set and got a fantastic deal at $360 from importcds.com. It was their last copy and it came in today and it's absolutely beautiful. They shipped fast. Got it in a day and it was wrapped nicely and arrived in immaculate condition. Already listened to all the 7 inch singles and they sound fantastic. I can't wit to sit down tonight and enjoy the remastered album on vinyl. This was worth every penny. It was definitely at the top of my music purchase list. I was just waiting for the right price and I found it before it goes out of print and resells for a whole lot more.

That is a great deal. Congratulations! I got mine brand new for around 300 on eBay. Just be careful with the bottom drawer, I've read it rips easily. Also, the black ribbon on the bottom drawer tore off of mine. I had to crazy glue it back on. I've listened to the full album on vinyl and it actually skips during LIB and Acrobat. It did that the first time I played it. Maybe its just my record player.
I've never spun the singles and prob wont.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:32:10 PM by zootv »

zootv

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2012, 06:30:40 PM »
Listening to Billie Holiday The Essential Rare Collection right now. Sounds great on vinyl. Cant help but think that this is the only way its meant to be heard.

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2012, 09:19:41 PM »

I'm actually listening as we speak. No skips yet. But if u have access to a record cleaner I would try that. Sometimes new vinyl can have little bits stuck in the grooves from when it was first cut. Give that a try and see if it helps.
That is a great deal. Congratulations! I got mine brand new for around 300 on eBay. Just be careful with the bottom drawer, I've read it rips easily. Also, the black ribbon on the bottom drawer tore off of mine. I had to crazy glue it back on. I've listened to the full album on vinyl and it actually skips during LIB and Acrobat. It did that the first time I played it. Maybe its just my record player.
I've never spun the singles and prob wont.

smee

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2012, 06:02:28 AM »
I went back to the store with 3 vinyl for £1, where they had Keith Richards, Bowie, Talking Heads etc yesterday. But as i arrived, there was a guy just finnishing rooting thro the section, and he, went to the checkout with 18 records from that section, so all the stuff i wanted was gone.
My trips werent wasted tho....i have sussed out the one store will be better for second hand Blues and Jazz records, and the other will be for most other things. Saw a new copy of The BEatles Yellow Submmarine for £14, nd thats a cheap as i have seen it, so might buy that next....but not till at least next week :)

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2012, 02:02:12 PM »
Yeah I need to go back to my local stores and see if there's anything good that's come in. There's a few Big Country albums I want to pick up and some Prince records. Definitely some old Depeche Mode if I can find it. Just haven't had the time to go around.

smee

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2012, 02:25:15 PM »
had you been in the shop with me yesterday, you could have scored yourself Big Country The crossing, Steeltown and The seer Albums...for £1 :P I think there was a couple of Prince ones too in the cheapy section. I wanted to get steeltown today, hence why i went back. its my Second Fave BC album. It evokes memories of happy times :)

I actually watched Big Country live last night on the tv, at a festival last year. Sadly....they suffer from the same problem Queen do. Stuart Adamson WAS Big Country

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2012, 10:30:03 AM »
Luckily I do have The Crossing and the Wonderland EP but I need to pick up everything else. And you're 100% right Stuart Adamson was that whole group. His voice was amazing and made that group for me.

Also I need to try and find some old Cure records as well. But here in the States a lot of is really hard to come by. It gets snatched up quickly.