Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Record Deck Owners Club  (Read 31587 times)

smee

Re: The OFFICIAL Record Deck Owners Club
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2012, 10:35:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Luckily I do have The Crossing and the Wonderland EP but I need to pick up everything else. And you're 100% right Stuart Adamson was that whole group. His voice was amazing and made that group for me.

Also I need to try and find some old Cure records as well. But here in the States a lot of is really hard to come by. It gets snatched up quickly.
have you ever checked out discogs.com? theres some real good deal to be found on there. Sellers in USA, Europe, UK. All listings should have P&P details, so you know the costs up front. Can search thro albums by condition (VG+, NM (Near Mint etc etc). Its a really good site. Minimum condition i will buy is VG+.

I have also, just bought 20 of the Best by The Beach Boys on ebay. got it for 5 delivered. I have a growing list of music to check out. I have about 15 new CDs to listen to and probably about 10 vinyl i need to listen to, just to check all is well.

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2012, 11:50:54 AM »
Yeah I do go to Discogs and search around for sure, but sometimes it's just nice to go into a store and find it. That feeling of hunting for something and pulling it out the internet just can't replicate. LOL. But yeah they have the most thorough site for sure. There's some stuff I keep eying on there but it's expensive and I need to really think about it.

And I'm in the same boat as you, I have tons of stuff I still need to listen to. I just never put aside the time because when I sit down to listen to stuff I always go back to my favorites.

smee

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2012, 12:53:04 PM »
Haha....you sound just like me.

Anyhoo....since my last post....i bought a Buddy Rich Greatest Hits vinyl and Brian Eno: Small Craft On A Milk Sea CD.....to add to my stack of material waiting to be listened to.
This week...i have bougt 10 CDs and 5 Vinyl albums. I really need to cool the jets before i bankrupt myself! No more buying for a week or so.

smee

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2012, 05:01:10 PM »
Ok....so i was doing a little late night window shopping on discogs, and i find me an unplayed, Joshua Tree rematered double vinyl LP............................for only 5. i would need my head examined to turn my nose up at a deal like that!

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2012, 07:24:27 PM »
Ok....so i was doing a little late night window shopping on discogs, and i find me an unplayed, Joshua Tree rematered double vinyl LP............................for only 5. i would need my head examined to turn my nose up at a deal like that!

No kidding. How is that possible for that cheap. I would have done that too. I want to buy all the remastered vinyls they've recently released. Also importcds.com has the U218 vinyl for 26 bucks which is a good deal. Been debating pulling the trigger on that one.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2012, 08:59:17 PM »

No kidding. How is that possible for that cheap. I would have done that too. I want to buy all the remastered vinyls they've recently released. Also importcds.com has the U218 vinyl for 26 bucks which is a good deal. Been debating pulling the trigger on that one.

For CDs, the remaster is better.

For vinyl, the original is better.

smee

« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2012, 05:48:41 AM »

I too am wondering if it is somehow a mistake. Howere, i bought it last night, but im yet to recieve a final bill from the seller for it. Usually, this happens pretty swiftly. We will see what happens.
As for u218, i saw a copy here on Discogs last night for about 11, not inc delivery, so probably works out about the same as the one you found. I had a wee peek on discogs for it for you, but nothing any cheaper on there at the mo really.

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2012, 04:58:04 PM »

I too am wondering if it is somehow a mistake. Howere, i bought it last night, but im yet to recieve a final bill from the seller for it. Usually, this happens pretty swiftly. We will see what happens.
As for u218, i saw a copy here on Discogs last night for about 11, not inc delivery, so probably works out about the same as the one you found. I had a wee peek on discogs for it for you, but nothing any cheaper on there at the mo really.

I appreciate you checking for me. It's kind of the same price all around but luckily importcds.com has really cheap shipping and they're really close to me so it usually only takes a day for me to get it when I order it. So that's always a plus.

smee

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2012, 09:14:43 AM »
Well...im starting to think my Joshua Tree find IS too good to be true. its now a couple of days since i bought it and heard nothing from the seller. I even mailed them to ask for a final bill (including postage) but heard no reply.
Unless the seller is on Holibobs or something?

smee

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2012, 10:02:22 AM »
****UPDATE****

okies.....my post on here seemd to have done the trick. The seller sent me a final bill. So its all systems go. Anyone know what is on the second album of the remaster of JT? Is it the b-sides?

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2012, 10:08:57 AM »
yes.

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2012, 12:28:15 PM »
****UPDATE****

okies.....my post on here seemd to have done the trick. The seller sent me a final bill. So its all systems go. Anyone know what is on the second album of the remaster of JT? Is it the b-sides?

Man you got such a good deal on that. You have to let me know when it comes in if all was legit and it's the new remaster and everything. If so you quite a deal. And as for the second LP I always thought the second half of the album because it was a remaster, kind of like what they did with the new Achtung Baby vinyl. But I've never really looked at in person so I don't know.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2012, 02:54:26 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

8)

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2012, 06:49:49 PM »
Ok so I have a discogs question Smee. Are the sellers with good ratings pretty legit. And what I'm asking more than anything else is that are their records normally the real deal and not bootlegs. I only ask because I want to get like Zooropa and an original press Achtung Baby and want to make sure I don't get some dumb bootleg repress. Is there something I should look out for on there. Thank you for any info you can supply.

smee

« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2012, 06:24:48 AM »
Ok so I have a discogs question Smee. Are the sellers with good ratings pretty legit. And what I'm asking more than anything else is that are their records normally the real deal and not bootlegs. I only ask because I want to get like Zooropa and an original press Achtung Baby and want to make sure I don't get some dumb bootleg repress. Is there something I should look out for on there. Thank you for any info you can supply.

Discogs has a rating system like ebay. So im guessing if a seller would soon rack up a bad rating if they were passing on unsuitable material. Best thing to do is, if you find what you want...message the seller and ask for info. I have done that a few times and the sellers are happy to let you know. Many records have a wee speil about the specifics of that record, so would probably say if it was a re-issue etc. Then again...depends on the seller. Bottom line is, i dont think you will end up with something you dont want :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 06:47:45 AM by Smee »