Author Topic: NFL 2012-2013  (Read 18211 times)

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
Re: NFL 2012-2013
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2012, 06:35:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am 100 % correct.

Or the pats were punished for nothing in which case one would expect outrage.

Cheats is cheats.

No, you said the Pats were punished for taping practices. That is 100% wrong. They never taped any practices, and the league confirmed this.

Spygate was about taping defensive signals from a sideline camera (would have been perfectly legal to film the signals from row 1 or from the coaches box).

In other words, they cheated.

Offline TheLarryMullenBand

• Numb
  • Let's go to places no one else has been
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2012, 06:41:23 AM »
Ha! Who cares about the post "spygate" crap. How many times has your team been to the Superbowl this decade? We (New England fans) don't really care what people think.

The last two Superbowls came down to a few key plays at the end that just went the other way, it happens.

Brady is still the greatest QB of this generation.

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
  • be the insult u want to make
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2012, 07:18:02 AM »
if you didn't care, you wouldn't have responded.

• Numb
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2012, 07:25:27 AM »
if you didn't care, you wouldn't have responded.

I said that in terms of the "Spygate" controversy that we don't care, or anything for that matter. But I had to throw it out there in the first place that we don't care.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2012, 08:20:01 AM »
My team still has more Super Bowl wins than the patriots who haven't been able to win it since they were caught cheating.

Offline Zoost

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2012, 09:42:18 AM »
Ok, the 49ers just made the biggest statement ever. Quite brilliant performance in beating Green Bay.

And watch out for Atlanta and Chicago, the Bears especially. Already boast a great defense, and now Marshall is there (him and Cutler have great chemistry) there offense is sound. Yes, they beat up on weak defense in the Colts, but they sure looked good.

And although I hate to say it, the Patriots defense looked much better, we know what there offense can do, so if they star cheating again, they will win another title.

Great start to the season. My tip for the Superbowl after one week - my 9ers over the Patriots.

Offline AliSPNfan

• Numb
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2012, 09:51:18 AM »
GO NINERS!!!

What a fantastic start to the season! What about that kick from David Akers?  63yrds complete with the almost comical noise when it hit the crossbar.Sweet!  :D

Offline Zoost

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2012, 10:08:03 AM »
GO NINERS!!!

What a fantastic start to the season! What about that kick from David Akers?  63yrds complete with the almost comical noise when it hit the crossbar.Sweet!  :D

We know how good our defense is (best in the NFL since the Bears, Ravens, Steelers famous D's) so if Alex Smith continues at the level he is playing at right now (carried over from the playoffs last season) they should be a lock for a 6th title.

Mass and Manningham look like decent additions, Crabtree actually looked good, and of course there is Vernon Davis, who really is as good as Gronkowski or Graham.

Good times 9ers fans. New stadium soon too!

Offline AliSPNfan

• Numb
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2012, 10:39:24 AM »

I know! Another trip to San Francisco is on the horizon, I think  ;D

Offline So Cruel

• Precious Stone
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2012, 11:10:57 AM »
My team still has more Super Bowl wins than the patriots who haven't been able to win it since they were caught cheating.

If time stood still and those players on D from the early 2000's were still playing in their prime post spygate i'd agree that taping the signals was a big deal, but we all know time doesn't stand still.

The post spygate teams (especially on D) were a lot different then the Super Bowl winning teams.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2012, 11:26:47 AM »
They were very different they didn't cheat

Offline So Cruel

• Precious Stone
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2012, 11:48:47 AM »
They were very different they didn't cheat

Fair enough, your mind is made up that filming the signals from the sidelines was the reason for the Pats success, even though many of those big wins (completely shutting down Manning and the Colts O in the playoffs, shutting down the Rams greatest show on turf in the SB) were mainly defensive wins and Spygate had nothing to do with D (the O calls come in from O-coordinator from the headset to the QB, no hand signals to film).

My question to you is do you consider the Broncos and 49ers cheaters? They were fined in the 90's for cheating the salary cap. Do the Broncos or 49ers win those SB's in the 90's without cheating the cap? Would the Broncos have been able to pay Elway, Davis, Sharpe, etc..without paying players outside of the cap? Could they win the SB 2 years in a row without 1 of those guys?

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2012, 12:16:09 PM »
That's not what I said. It's an extreme position. Just as extreme as saying they didn't benefit from the cheating as some warped justification. If they weren't getting any benefit from it they wouldn't have been doing it.

As for the other examples you cited I really don't know about the details. They aren't germane to what the pats did. I do know two wrongs or even three wrongs still don't make a right.

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
  • be the insult u want to make
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2012, 12:34:11 PM »
GO NINERS!!!

We know how good our defense is (best in the NFL since the Bears, Ravens, Steelers famous D's) so if Alex Smith continues at the level he is playing at right now (carried over from the playoffs last season) they should be a lock for a 6th title.

Mass and Manningham look like decent additions, Crabtree actually looked good, and of course there is Vernon Davis, who really is as good as Gronkowski or Graham.

if I had to pick today, I'd say the 9ers will win the NFC...but the NFC's gonna be a zoo. That's a good thing, having 7 or 8 teams in the fight.

• Numb
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2012, 01:12:36 PM »

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

I second what So Cruel said.