Author Topic: Delays  (Read 894 times)

Offline Canadanne

• Numb
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
Delays
« on: April 24, 2012, 12:08:17 PM »
Any other Delays fans on here? You See Colours is one of my favourite albums. Really wish U2 would invite them to do a support slot.

Offline TongueInMyEar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Love it won't be long....
Re: Delays
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 04:41:29 AM »
I first heard of them when I went to see Snow Patrol during their Final Straw tour. Delays supported them at the Barrowlands, and they were much better that night than Snow Patrol. I went straight out and bought Faded Seaside Glamour, it's a really good album, particularly the first 3 songs (Wanderlust, Nearer Than Heaven, Long Time Coming). Also love the last song 'On'. They're a bit like Cocteau Twins, but with more pop melodies.

You See Colours was good too but I didin't enjoy as much as their first album, though 'You and Me' is an amazing song.

They'd be a good fit for supporting U2, what's happened to Delays recently anyway?

Jara

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:25:10 AM »
Is this THE Delays or just Delays. I saw The Delays many moons ago at a wee festival here, very good they were too. They are from Glasgow....or is it a different band?

Offline suitoflights

• Desert Rose
  • You gotta hold on baby to my special feature
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 10:07:24 AM »
Delays - couldn't they be an Edge tribute band?  ::) ::)

Offline Canadanne

• Numb
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 11:25:12 AM »
I like Faded Seaside Glamour, but it was more of a slow grower for me, whereas I adored YSC instantly. (I also love the single You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.) The third album was pretty dreadful unfortunately, but the fourth was much better - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is a fantastic track, as is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Not sure if they're working on anything at the moment - I know Greg Gilbert has been involved in a You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login of late.

Smee - they're officially just "Delays" but confusingly their web address is thedelays.co.uk! They're from Southampton, so not sure if you're thinking of the same group.

Jara

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 09:43:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I like Faded Seaside Glamour, but it was more of a slow grower for me, whereas I adored YSC instantly. (I also love the single You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.) The third album was pretty dreadful unfortunately, but the fourth was much better - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is a fantastic track, as is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Not sure if they're working on anything at the moment - I know Greg Gilbert has been involved in a You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login of late.

Smee - they're officially just "Delays" but confusingly their web address is thedelays.co.uk! They're from Southampton, so not sure if you're thinking of the same group.
Im thinking of a different Band....as the ones im thinking of are deffo from Glasgow, and called THE Delays. Now i think about it, i THINK i have heard of Delays along the way

Offline Canadanne

• Numb
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 12:05:17 PM »
Terrible news today about Delays singer Greg Gilbert - he's been diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer that has spread to his lungs, and his only hope is to raise at least £100,000 for treatment overseas. He's only 39 and has two young children, not to mention he's an incredibly gifted musician and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (and by all accounts a lovely guy) who would be such a huge loss to the world.

His family have sent up a You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login so that Greg can get the treatment he needs - they've already raised over £80,000 in 4 days. If you can, please donate some money and/or share the link as widely as possible. (I don't have Twitter or Facebook, but I'm sure a lot of you do. There is a hashtag #give4greg if that helps.) The U2 fan community is both huge and generous, so it would be really great to get the word out there.

Some fellow musicians have donated quite large amounts - I'm wondering if this is something U2 would consider helping out with, since their families have also been affected by cancer. If anyone knows how to get the link to them, please do.

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 12:20:03 PM »
It seems the NHS isn't the world class health service some people make it out to be.

I think they'll raise the money comfortably thanks to the internet and crowd-funding.  I just hope it's not too late because Stage IV bowl cancer doesn't sound too good.  The UK has the worst survival rates for cancer in western Europe.

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
  • I'm not coming down
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 12:39:55 PM »
I heard about this unfortunate news the other day. I'm glad people are chipping in to help and hopefully it'll be enough to fund the full treatment.

Offline Canadanne

• Numb
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 12:42:47 PM »
It seems the NHS isn't the world class health service some people make it out to be.

I think they'll raise the money comfortably thanks to the internet and crowd-funding.  I just hope it's not too late because Stage IV bowl cancer doesn't sound too good.  The UK has the worst survival rates for cancer in western Europe.

Greg and his family have been full of praise for the NHS. Unfortunately, there's only so much treatment that is cost-efficient.

I fear the worst too, but this guy really deserves every chance we can give him.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 01:37:04 PM »
His story is quite heavily featured in the media...bbc site, most of the big papers etc.

Should help them reach the money target easily - good luck to the lad.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2016, 01:46:26 PM »

Offline Izzy

• Numb
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2016, 10:15:21 AM »
His falsetto is incredible.

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2016, 10:19:03 AM »
The appeal has reached its £100,000 target in 48 hours.

GoFundMe said the appeal was one of the "fastest ever" campaigns on its site.

His fiancée said his only chance of survival was to go abroad for treatment which she said was not available to him on the NHS.

Offline Canadanne

• Numb
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2016, 11:53:10 AM »
His falsetto is incredible.

One of my favourite voices. <3

It's wonderful that the initial target has been reached so quickly. The You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login explains that they might need to raise an awful lot more, though, so please keep donating and sharing the link.