Poll

Should 360 be the last stadium tour ?

Yes, having the world record tour would be a great ending to stadium shows and 360 can't be topped
4 (7.4%)
Yes, but I want stadiums at the farewell/final tour
7 (13%)
No, U2 should play stadiums as long as the demand is there
17 (31.5%)
Yes, U2 are better in arenas and I always prefer to see them there
10 (18.5%)
I'd like arenas in US/stadiums ROW mix next time, like Vertigo tour
10 (18.5%)
Make it SMALL. Amphitheatres/clubs, please
6 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Should U2 quit playing stadiums after 360 ?  (Read 14804 times)

Offline markreed

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Should U2 quit playing stadiums after 360 ?
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2012, 12:57:40 PM »
Less people can see the band? You're serious? In order to please YOU, U2 should play in small places and keep many of their fans locked out, or excluded?

Offline briscoetheque

• Airborne Ranger
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2012, 11:01:25 PM »
U2 should play in Death Valley's Badwater Basin.

It's incredibly flat, goes on for miles, and hundreds of thousands of people could see them. Well, a picture of them. On a screen. That would be AWESOME!

And imagine the sound! You wouldn't need repeaters... it could just bounce its way down the valley, hitting the cliffs as it ping-ponged along.

that would be amazing.

Offline xy

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #242 on: June 01, 2012, 11:10:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Less people can see the band? You're serious? In order to please YOU, U2 should play in small places and keep many of their fans locked out, or excluded?

Yes. Less people can fit in in arenas.

U2 will please me as long as they play a) close enough to see them at b) affordable price. Stadium or arena, doesn't matter.

That said, I have seen 360 as my first tour and would like to experience U2 in arenas also.

Offline tigerfan41

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #243 on: June 02, 2012, 12:50:21 PM »
If they want to make money, affordable prices aren't going to happen with arena gigs. Part of the benefit of playing in a stadium is that the ticket prices are cheaper because there are more people.

I have no problem with stadium gigs, so long as I can get close enough to stage to make it worthwhile. I didn't have that problem with 360 and I doubt I will with the next tour(s) because I arrive at the venue early enough to secure a close spot. I do, however, have a problem with arena gigs where either (a) the gig sells out before the real fans even get a crack at buying tickets at face value [damn scalpers] or (b) the arena floor is seated (i.e. good luck at getting anywhere close to the stage, unless you manage to get tickets in the first 15 rows (unlikely, again, because of the scalpers).

Bottom line is, I think they should keep the stadium gigs as long as it makes sense for them financially. And when they do switch back to arenas, keep it floor GA and make sure scalpers can't snatch up all the tickets.

Offline u2vertigotour

• Babyface
« Reply #244 on: November 12, 2012, 02:08:56 AM »
This might be a bizarre question, but on the 360 tour. Was there a moving platform or not. I mean, could they turn around without walking. I don't know if I say it right, I hope so. But if there wasn't a moving platform, they played almost all the time with there back at some part of the audience. Wasn't that a bit a bummer for this people, watching their back all the time?

Greets

Offline missey

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2012, 06:40:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This might be a bizarre question, but on the 360 tour. Was there a moving platform or not. I mean, could they turn around without walking. I don't know if I say it right, I hope so. But if there wasn't a moving platform, they played almost all the time with there back at some part of the audience. Wasn't that a bit a bummer for this people, watching their back all the time?

Greets

The only band member on a moving platform was Larry.  The main stage did not move.  The bridges surrounding the stage moved.  I think they did a fine job of moving around so no one had to the stare at their backs for too long.