Author Topic: Battle Born  (Read 86825 times)

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
Re: Battle Born
« Reply #525 on: October 20, 2012, 12:25:21 AM »
Oh yeah, I was so excited.  My legs were all shaky after I talked to him!

Here's Miss Atomic Bomb (with the preceding interview.  Performance starts at 3:10 mark): You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here's All These Things That I've Done: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And Droo, we were sitting directly in front of the bass player, in the second row.  About 10 feet away from Brandon, at his 10 o' clock.   If you look at the row from left to right, I'm in the fourth seat, wearing a red St. John's tee shirt.  My girlfriend is to my right, wearing a greenish shirt.  There are two young looking girls to her right.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #526 on: October 22, 2012, 01:45:12 AM »
The Killers are the best active band in the world right now.

U2 of course are still inactive.

Just my opinion.

Cheers,

J

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #527 on: October 22, 2012, 03:00:50 AM »
Look like they still have some live mojo. That's encouraging. They're gonna need it

Offline Shark Ericson

• Refugee
« Reply #528 on: October 26, 2012, 11:45:59 AM »
I was never really a Killers fan...but I went out and bought Battle Born today, and I'm really digging it

I'm going to have to get their other albums

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #529 on: October 26, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was never really a Killers fan...but I went out and bought Battle Born today, and I'm really digging it

Sams Town is one of the best albums of the 2000's

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #530 on: October 26, 2012, 04:15:47 PM »

lol WOW if Battle Born won you over you're gonna have your mind blown apart by the other 3!

Sams Town <best by a mile>
Day and Age <underrated>
Hot Fuss <the first 5 are amazing the last half is underwhelming>
Battle Born <nothing that stands out as amazing, but easily the best album closer>

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #531 on: October 26, 2012, 10:35:54 PM »
Sams Town is one of the best albums of the 2000's

Totally agree! All of their albums are great but there's just something special about Sam's Town that makes it my favorite Killers album.

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #532 on: October 27, 2012, 12:53:07 AM »
You'll probably hate Sam's Town, Day and Age and Hot Fuss if you love Battle Born, let's be honest...

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #533 on: October 27, 2012, 10:27:24 AM »
nah. i "loved" HF until i discovered how superior ST and D&A were. Forgot HF altogether after that.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #534 on: October 27, 2012, 10:08:28 PM »
The Killers are on London Live right now on Palladia. Weird thing is that the TV listing said it was from 2007, but it clearly is not. It led w/ Runaways!

OAP - so cool!

Offline Shark Ericson

• Refugee
« Reply #535 on: October 28, 2012, 04:53:18 PM »
You'll probably hate Sam's Town, Day and Age and Hot Fuss if you love Battle Born, let's be honest...

I heard Sam's Town yesterday, and it sounded really great. I wasn't too crazy about it 6 years ago...but it sounds amazing to me now.

I'm probably going to buy Day & Age next, since I know the first 5 songs from Hot Fuss already

Sometimes, it just takes a while for a band to click with you, I suppose. Part of the problem I think is that also The Killers weren't that great of a live band back in '04 and '05...so when I saw them playing on TV back then, I wasn't really impressed.

But now, Jesus...Brandon's voice is so powerful

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #536 on: October 28, 2012, 05:02:30 PM »

I heard Sam's Town yesterday, and it sounded really great. I wasn't too crazy about it 6 years ago...but it sounds amazing to me now.

I'm probably going to buy Day & Age next, since I know the first 5 songs from Hot Fuss already
Sometimes, it just takes a while for a band to click with you, I suppose. Part of the problem I think is that also The Killers weren't that great of a live band back in '04 and '05...so when I saw them playing on TV back then, I wasn't really impressed.

you don't own HF or..? D&A was the only grower to me, i was expecting something more like ST, no i'd never heard Human or Spaceman, hadn't even heard When You Were Young either. BB just doesn't stick with you but i liked it enough right away.

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #537 on: October 28, 2012, 07:21:36 PM »

Whoa.... please never ever again judge a band's live prowess on how they look/sound on TV :-)

Trust me. The killers were a great live band in 04 and 05. And they had good songs to boot.

The Grave

« Reply #538 on: October 28, 2012, 07:35:43 PM »
wow

two good sets to open the shows

friday You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

yesterday You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

can't believe they're skipping the South  :'(

The Grave

« Reply #539 on: October 28, 2012, 07:58:22 PM »