Author Topic: Battle Born  (Read 37879 times)

Offline TheU2Ken

• Up With the Sun
  • VOTE FOR THE FORUM AWARDS!!!!!!
Re: Battle Born
« Reply #690 on: December 29, 2012, 07:28:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
^He had the band stop playing and made the fight stop too.

That's not what I saw. Yes, he made the band stop playing but the fight ran its own course. I do give Brandan an A for effort though.
I think they got separated and shown their way out.

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
  • The hurt you hide and the joy you hold
« Reply #691 on: December 29, 2012, 07:30:19 PM »
^Looked to me like security broke it up. Yes, they were still entangled UNTIL that point.

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #692 on: December 29, 2012, 10:36:34 PM »
Is it just me or do you all think that the light show effects detract from the performance? Just saw TK do Runaways on MTV's European Music Awards and the crowd was as dead as they were for my concert. The light show on TV looked cool, but the band was so far removed from the live audience. Plus, again, what is w/ the guitarists? They look fresh from the coffin...Geesh!

Offline THRILLHO

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #693 on: December 30, 2012, 09:50:28 AM »
Mom - do they look like Flowers does in ALL the music videos? lifeless and bored as hell. or just awkward.

i just watched all 4 BB videos including I Feel It In My Bones. Videos can give you a new appreciation for a song and while i loved MAB anyways, the video took it to next level awesome. Same with IFIIMB to, tbh. That may be the first post-DSMS christmas song i remember the words to! HWM's video is nonsensical and odd. Runaways was cool.

Offline TheU2Ken

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #694 on: December 30, 2012, 10:06:54 AM »
i just watched all 4 BB videos including I Feel It In My Bones. Videos can give you a new appreciation for a song and while i loved MAB anyways, the video took it to next level awesome. Same with IFIIMB to, tbh. That may be the first post-DSMS christmas song i remember the words to! HWM's video is nonsensical and odd. Runaways was cool.
OMG the Almighty and Boy-Wonder feel the same

Offline TheU2Ken

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #695 on: December 30, 2012, 10:16:01 AM »
dear god

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #696 on: December 30, 2012, 11:39:09 AM »
Mom - do they look like Flowers does in ALL the music videos? lifeless and bored as hell. or just awkward.

He's the only one who has any life, but yes, he is a bit awkward, but moving!  :-\

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Precious Stone
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #697 on: December 30, 2012, 08:30:32 PM »
I know Ken "dear god"ded that Sam's Town vid, but that was from my show and I thought it was great!  This could be because I'd been standing for six hours at that point and the crowd was getting a little anxious after the two openers and 50 minutes of the crew fiddling with equipment (glad they wanted things to be perfect, but yeesh, that felt like forever). And I have to give Brandon and Co. credit for mixing up the set from the previous night's show; sure, there were plenty of popular songs that got replayed, but there was more variety between the two shows than U2 had on subsequent nights of 360 in Anaheim!

It was a great crowd up front where we were and worth the time waiting. We had teenagers through folks in their 50s all crowded in like sardines with everyone singing along merrily.  And before we were let into the venue, we met tons of friendly people who all had fun concert stories (one 15-year-old was there with his parents--the three of them flew from Pennsylvania to Vegas just for the show! It was the boy's birthday and Christmas gift  ;D). The only people I really can't stand are those who hoist their arms in the air and record the. entire. show. on their phones.

Brandon tries very hard and does all kinds of helpful sign language for folks who don't know the words to the verses.  I thought he sounded quite good and I got tons of cool pictures.  I was surprised they didn't do MAB or Here With Me, though. Maybe in videos the show won't seem as good, but you know how it is when you're there in the moment and everything seems great (Bono and HMTMKMKM on 360 comes to mind). 

Offline THRILLHO

« Reply #698 on: December 30, 2012, 08:58:52 PM »
I know Ken "dear god"ded that Sam's Town vid, but that was from my show and I thought it was great!  This could be because I'd been standing for six hours at that point and the crowd was getting a little anxious after the two openers and 50 minutes of the crew fiddling with equipment (glad they wanted things to be perfect, but yeesh, that felt like forever). And I have to give Brandon and Co. credit for mixing up the set from the previous night's show; sure, there were plenty of popular songs that got replayed, but there was more variety between the two shows than U2 had on subsequent nights of 360 in Anaheim!

It was a great crowd up front where we were and worth the time waiting. We had teenagers through folks in their 50s all crowded in like sardines with everyone singing along merrily.  And before we were let into the venue, we met tons of friendly people who all had fun concert stories (one 15-year-old was there with his parents--the three of them flew from Pennsylvania to Vegas just for the show! It was the boy's birthday and Christmas gift  ;D). The only people I really can't stand are those who hoist their arms in the air and record the. entire. show. on their phones.

Brandon tries very hard and does all kinds of helpful sign language for folks who don't know the words to the verses.  I thought he sounded quite good and I got tons of cool pictures.  I was surprised they didn't do MAB or Here With Me, though. Maybe in videos the show won't seem as good, but you know how it is when you're there in the moment and everything seems great (Bono and HMTMKMKM on 360 comes to mind).

Yea if someone did that in front of me I'd ask them to stop or just knock the phone out of their hands and laugh haha

Offline TheU2Ken

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #699 on: December 30, 2012, 09:01:46 PM »
lol the worst is when someone in front of you has an Ipad. Coldplay in July *facepalm*

somebody yelled at them to put it down during one of the opening acts and didn't put it back up

Offline briscoetheque

• Airborne Ranger
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #700 on: December 30, 2012, 09:41:02 PM »
Maybe in videos the show won't seem as good, but you know how it is when you're there in the moment and everything seems great

And that is because the videos are sh**.

One pissy little microphone that can't handle bass, a camera with far less resolution than your eyes, an intangible that no video can capture - atmosphere - and the downright stupidity of a sea of iPhones held aloft. I despise what iphones etc have done to concert crowds. Live it there and then. In the moment. Snap some photos if you like, but stop that stupid filming. You look ridiculous, you kill the energy of a show, and you know what? You will likely never watch it again.

In your head, every show is is HD with glorious surround sound.

Live in the moment, enjoy it, tell your kids about it, show them a picture or two.

But stop this idiotic practice of filming shows on your iPhone.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 09:43:22 PM by briscoetheque »

Offline THRILLHO

« Reply #701 on: December 30, 2012, 10:08:12 PM »
lol the worst is when someone in front of you has an Ipad. Coldplay in July *facepalm*

somebody yelled at them to put it down during one of the opening acts and didn't put it back up

see this stuff gets shut down FAST at the shows i go to, for the most part. i was asked to not film at Noel G and my friend was told to put his camera down at a show once too.

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Precious Stone
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #702 on: December 30, 2012, 10:51:26 PM »

see this stuff gets shut down FAST at the shows i go to, for the most part. i was asked to not film at Noel G and my friend was told to put his camera down at a show once too.

I just hope everyone asks nicely.  Sure, someone filming on their phone in your field of vision sucks, but the situation just goes better if you're civil about telling them.  I told the kid yesterday it was hard for me to see over/around his arms since I'm short, and he was cool about it.  But I've seen people get all nasty and have exaggerated reactions to the slightest affront ("You touched my hair!" "Seriously? Nobody can even scratch their own @ss in here!") and that seems like a waste of anger.

Offline THRILLHO

« Reply #703 on: December 30, 2012, 10:54:35 PM »

I just hope everyone asks nicely.  Sure, someone filming on their phone in your field of vision sucks, but the situation just goes better if you're civil about telling them.  I told the kid yesterday it was hard for me to see over/around his arms since I'm short, and he was cool about it.  But I've seen people get all nasty and have exaggerated reactions to the slightest affront ("You touched my hair!" "Seriously? Nobody can even scratch their own @ss in here!") and that seems like a waste of anger.

no. i meant to say the event staff or whatever is asking us to put them down. at Noel they were on EVERYONE, i mean camera went up theyd walk over and say "no video! pictures only" i heard one event girl say "no video or pictures!" so it just depends on who approaches you. the American Airlines Center in Dallas doesn't care at all. I've brought my camera to Van Halen, Coldplay, Trans-Siberian Orchestra. No one said a word, event staff was nearby too.

zootv

« Reply #704 on: December 31, 2012, 09:34:37 AM »
Some woman kept filming in front of me at the show in the Bronx. Very annoying. So I "accidentally" dropped my drink on her foot. Problem solved ;)