Author Topic: Misheard Lyrics  (Read 8058 times)

Offline OptimaX

• Refugee
  • THERE IS JUST NOTHING BETTER THAN OPTIMAX!
Misheard Lyrics
« on: July 10, 2012, 03:46:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Canadanne

• Refugee
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
Re: Misheard Lyrics
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 09:29:39 AM »
Ha, that's my friend's video from a few years back - I remember when she made it. :D

Offline xXStarXx

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • Only love can leave such a mark
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 05:42:25 PM »
Thats hilarious... It made my day  :D

Offline ultraviolet12

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 09:41:11 AM »

My favorite was at 3:33 (I peeeeeed) and Shamu.  Laughing so hard at work.  My co-workers definitely know I'm not doing a stick of work today.   ;D

Nanda360

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 04:59:30 PM »
wondeful! really creative... made me laugh as a crazy child  ;D ;D loved the Ultra Violet misunderstandings. Linking to this subject, can anyone really tell me if you hear "Haven't seen you quite a while" in the beginning of Until the End ?

Offline The Exile

• Elevated
  • WWW.DRUNK EXPASTORS.COM
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 11:46:51 PM »
wondeful! really creative... made me laugh as a crazy child  ;D ;D loved the Ultra Violet misunderstandings. Linking to this subject, can anyone really tell me if you hear "Haven't seen you quite a while" in the beginning of Until the End ?

I always thought it was, "Have a seed, Jew, in Idyllwild...." I can recheck, but p r e t t y sure I'm right on this one.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:52:12 AM by The Exile »

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 09:00:51 AM »

I always thought it was, "Have a seed, Jew, in Idyllwild...." I can recheck, but p r e t t y sure I'm right on this one.

I'm off to have another listen.  I feel such a fool now. :-[

Nanda360

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 01:14:26 PM »

I'm off to have another listen.  I feel such a fool now. :-[

So do I after 15 years...
Please take a look @ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
He is whispering "&*&&$%&*&*... ofaa the world", that for me, is really far from Haven't seen you in quite a while. Did you have a chance to listen to the Until the End live version from U22, he is clearly singing it...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 05:31:22 PM by Nanda360 »

Offline dirtdrybonesandstone

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Judas says, John I'm getting nowhere.
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 05:57:37 PM »
Actually, he does sing "heavens gate.." in Hearland.  ;-)

Offline Achtungbaby23

• Stateless
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 09:47:49 PM »
I found this YouTube video a few years ago. Hysterical! Now I can not hear One without singing or thinking the words bacon,bacon,bacon and haaaaam!

Offline Northern Soul

• Desert Rose
  • I'm not coming down...
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 02:43:55 PM »

Ummmmmmmm, yes, because those are the lyrics.

Nanda360

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 08:47:47 AM »

Northern Sould you didn't quite get the purpose of my question. The official lyric states "Haven't seen you quite a while" but does B actually sing it? Let me know your technique to clearly understand it, because I haven't thru the last 15 years

Offline Northern Soul

• Desert Rose
  • I'm not coming down...
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 03:17:56 PM »

Northern Sould you didn't quite get the purpose of my question. The official lyric states "Haven't seen you quite a while" but does B actually sing it? Let me know your technique to clearly understand it, because I haven't thru the last 15 years

Then I still don't understand your question.  The first line of the song is "Haven't seen you in quite a while..." and is very obvious when you listen to the song.

Offline THRILLHO

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 03:16:36 PM »
until yesterday i'd never understood what he says in Elevation, the "I and I in the sky" line. I never realized he was saying that. I thought It was "higher nigh, in the sky!" not that that makes any sense but neither does "I and I"

Offline ZooClothes

• Child of Grace
  • This is where you can reach me now.
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 11:07:19 PM »
until yesterday i'd never understood what he says in Elevation, the "I and I in the sky" line. I never realized he was saying that. I thought It was "higher nigh, in the sky!" not that that makes any sense but neither does "I and I"

I think "I and I in the sky" is a reference to Jah.

My girlfriend still thinks Bono's saying "You put me on Prozac, try to rewind" on NLOTH the track.