Author Topic: New U2 Album in 2013?  (Read 39041 times)

Offline kango

• Staring at the Sun
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
Re: New U2 Album in 2013?
« Reply #255 on: September 28, 2012, 03:03:48 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Out and about and not likely in the studio.  :(

The boys in Leicester! Probably the first time since the October tour. I like the return of the kicked back hoodie look which isn't trying too hard.

jacob

« Reply #256 on: September 28, 2012, 02:20:38 PM »
Why don't these guys grow old in style?

They should take some advice from Morrissey. Very handsome and stilish in grey.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 02:23:03 PM by jacob »

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Release date of LP 13 ^
« Reply #257 on: September 28, 2012, 02:57:55 PM »

Out and about and not likely in the studio.  :(

So U2 is hanging out with Harvey Weinstein now?

Offline miryclay

• Child of Grace
  • Whisper to the Thunder
« Reply #258 on: September 28, 2012, 03:34:27 PM »
guess so.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Release date of LP 13 ^
« Reply #259 on: September 29, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »
guess so.

Lord help us

Offline miryclay

• Child of Grace
  • Whisper to the Thunder
« Reply #260 on: September 30, 2012, 11:46:50 AM »
They are just entertainment buddies. I am sure they value his contributions to cinema

Offline The Edges Cat

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #261 on: September 30, 2012, 07:25:16 PM »
Bono looks so old now...wow

No no, he doesn't look old... he looks Irish.

Offline Pocket Merlin

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2012, 02:37:27 PM »
Well...we're approaching 3 months since last word on the new album, the second longest stretch with no news. You'd think they could only skirt the issue for so long before it's like, "ok, here's what the hell we're actually up to"...funny how "later on in 2009" turned into "maybe in 2013." It's really kind of hilarious to look at the atU2 new album news page now...it's so long and contains so many falsely promising statements.

I love the work Bono's doing with all his public appearances and meeting with politicians...but I'm a little discouraged at the thought that it will probably continue on into World AIDS Day and after that the band probably won't do anything until after the holidays. And after that...who knows? I doubt they're going to release another album in the spring like NLOTH again, so it seems we are in waiting season until next fall?

I guess you could chalk all this talk up to me being selfish and not caring enough about the stuff he's campaigning for...but I wish I could tell Bono, it's true that you can change circumstances with all this campaigning, but don't forget that your music can change people's hearts.

Online AJ

• Desert Rose
  • Vinyl Guru
« Reply #263 on: November 15, 2012, 07:04:29 PM »
Well...we're approaching 3 months since last word on the new album, the second longest stretch with no news. You'd think they could only skirt the issue for so long before it's like, "ok, here's what the hell we're actually up to"...funny how "later on in 2009" turned into "maybe in 2013." It's really kind of hilarious to look at the atU2 new album news page now...it's so long and contains so many falsely promising statements.

I love the work Bono's doing with all his public appearances and meeting with politicians...but I'm a little discouraged at the thought that it will probably continue on into World AIDS Day and after that the band probably won't do anything until after the holidays. And after that...who knows? I doubt they're going to release another album in the spring like NLOTH again, so it seems we are in waiting season until next fall?

I guess you could chalk all this talk up to me being selfish and not caring enough about the stuff he's campaigning for...but I wish I could tell Bono, it's true that you can change circumstances with all this campaigning, but don't forget that your music can change people's hearts.
If any of you like Them Crooked Vultures they did the same thing. John Paul Jones said 2nd studio album in 2010. What happened to that. I can't see another Vultures album until 2014 with the way Queens is going right now.

Offline Shark Ericson

• Stateless
« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2012, 09:42:08 AM »
The course of action I'm going to take is to approach 2013 with zero U2 expectations, and then if an album does come, then I can only be surprised (unless I don't like the new music, in which I will be surprised and let down... ;) )

Offline jick

• Desert Rose
« Reply #265 on: November 18, 2012, 01:33:21 AM »
The course of action I'm going to take is to approach 2013 with zero U2 expectations, and then if an album does come, then I can only be surprised (unless I don't like the new music, in which I will be surprised and let down... ;) )

That is always the more prudent and smart course of action.

You can see through all the thick smog of misleading hyperbole - a skill which most U2 fans are not good at.  Good on you.

Cheers,

J

Offline xy

• Numb
« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2012, 05:36:13 AM »
Meanwhile, 2013 is right on time given U2's recording schedule in 00's...

Offline THRILLHO

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2012, 09:25:41 AM »
Meanwhile, 2013 is right on time given U2's recording schedule in 00's...

yea. i'd expect something next year.

Offline Chargedvt

• Refugee
  • Anxiously awaiting the mythical LP13
« Reply #268 on: November 19, 2012, 04:14:28 AM »
There will be SOMETHING next year... whether it's a full album, an EP (does anyone even do those any more?), a single for a movie, side project a la Passengers or yet another compilation album.  They generally put something out near the end of each year and this year there has been no releases (Don't say U22 - that's only for the fan club) so next year is a certainty.  I think we'll start hearing hard news about the album around March, along with the usual promises of how they're on fire, writing their best songs ever, etc... Then, come July there will either be a new album announcement OR a casual comment by a band member that indicates they are getting lost in the music, thereby softening the blow that there won't be an album.

Nanda360

« Reply #269 on: November 19, 2012, 02:22:20 PM »
LOL
Too good to be truth