Author Topic: Where have you been all my life?!  (Read 917 times)

Offline StickOnTattoos

• Stateless
  • Thats all there is/leaves thatr green turn t brown
Where have you been all my life?!
« on: July 25, 2012, 08:38:51 PM »
 This is way overdue. I have been a u2 addict since ATYCLB which isn't really all that long ago... Funny thing actually, I was a huge Batman fan since I could walk, and a Tomb Raider geek when I was 11, so I was introduced to U2 in a very positive way with Hold Thrill Kiss Kill Me, and Elevation.
Anyway, it's been down-hill ever since. Very few people understand my u2 obsession, and that's why I'm here. Looking forward to making new friends and talking about our ridiculous obsession. Much love! :-*

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Precious Stone
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
Re: Where have you been all my life?!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:51:42 PM »
Welcome!  ATYCLB was my high school soundtrack of sorts, so it'll always have a special place in my heart. 

Offline Canadanne

• Refugee
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 09:24:23 PM »
Hi, hope you enjoy it here!

Offline NeverInTheDaylight

• Babyface
  • Every artist is a cannibal
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 02:57:28 AM »
Very few people understand my continuing obsession also....though a fan much longer than you, i actually saw them(for the only time) on the Elevation tour....
I happen to have been raised and lived on and off in Freehold, NJ where Bruce Springsteen was born/raised, we went to same high school(almost 20 yrs after him)...So most people around here that i know are pretty loyal and diehard BS fans...Dont get me wrong, i like him too, but have never been obsessed with him, nor ever seen any of his legendary concerts,but i have met him (and his wife Patti)at my job in Freehold, just 6 months ago...He most definitely is a down to earth, nice and generous guy, who looks pretty damn good for his age, older and better looking than Bono at this point(sorry, but i DO adore Bono )...Whenever Springsteen is on tour, like now, this town fills up with loads of people from out of the country to see him,they come to his hometown to see where he grew up.They come to my job; i work in a restaurant thats been in the town over 60 years. Bruce has been going there since he was a kid, tho rarely now since i only met him once in the 3 years i been there..But there are occasional sightings at other hometown establishments ..
Ive mentioned U2 to a few of these groups of people and for the most part there is a negative response..So ive learned to only talk about Bruce and the tidbits i can share...like meeting him recently....or that his aunt who recently passed away was the Admin of a nursing home i worked in as a teenager, and that she did my parent's taxes for many years....
Anyway, biggest thing i regret about meeting him is that i didnt ask him to tell me some Bono stories and what he thinks about him these days!!! 

Offline NeverInTheDaylight

• Babyface
  • Every artist is a cannibal
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 09:04:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Very few people understand my continuing obsession also....though a fan much longer than you, i actually saw them(for the only time) on the Elevation tour....
I happen to have been raised and lived on and off in Freehold, NJ where Bruce Springsteen was born/raised, we went to same high school(almost 20 yrs after him)...So most people around here that i know are pretty loyal and diehard BS fans...Dont get me wrong, i like him too, but have never been obsessed with him, nor ever seen any of his legendary concerts,but i have met him (and his wife Patti)at my job in Freehold, just 6 months ago...He most definitely is a down to earth, nice and generous guy, who looks pretty damn good for his age, older and better looking than Bono at this point(sorry, but i DO adore Bono )...Whenever Springsteen is on tour, like now, this town fills up with loads of people from out of the country to see him,they come to his hometown to see where he grew up.They come to my job; i work in a restaurant thats been in the town over 60 years. Bruce has been going there since he was a kid, tho rarely now since i only met him once in the 3 years i been there..But there are occasional sightings at other hometown establishments ..
Ive mentioned U2 to a few of these groups of people and for the most part there is a negative response..So ive learned to only talk about Bruce and the tidbits i can share...like meeting him recently....or that his aunt who recently passed away was the Admin of a nursing home i worked in as a teenager, and that she did my parent's taxes for many years....
Anyway, biggest thing i regret about meeting him is that i didnt ask him to tell me more Bono stories...

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Release date of LP 13 ^
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 02:43:17 PM »
Hi StickOnTattoos! You're from western PA too? I'm from Canonsburg. Welcome!

Offline theocean

• Deep In the Heart
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 07:12:11 AM »
I'm from upstate NY, not too far away either....faraway so close! :D :D :D :D

Offline StickOnTattoos

• Stateless
  • Thats all there is/leaves thatr green turn t brown
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 06:22:36 PM »
Hi StickOnTattoos! You're from western PA too? I'm from Canonsburg. Welcome!

well that makes two U2 fans in western PA I know of :P

I'm from upstate NY, not too far away either....faraway so close! :D :D :D :D

::) :)