Author Topic: 2012/2013 English Premier League  (Read 15898 times)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
Re: 2012/2013 English Premier League
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2012, 01:44:34 PM »
Scottish premier league side, Hearts, are facing bankruptcy with debts of 2 Million, including an unpaid tax bill of 500,000.  The owners are asking the fans to help them out so that they can continue paying the mercenary players their bankrupting wages.  :D

Offline Zoost

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2012, 01:49:17 PM »
He
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Scottish premier league side, Hearts, are facing bankruptcy with debts of 2 Million, including an unpaid tax bill of 500,000.  The owners are asking the fans to help them out so that they can continue paying the mercenary players their bankrupting wages.  :D

TD, I fear for the future of Scottish football. Seriously. In ten years I see Celtic in the Premier league and everyone else gone.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2012, 02:08:20 PM »
He

TD, I fear for the future of Scottish football. Seriously. In ten years I see Celtic in the Premier league and everyone else gone.

I do too.  The SPL definitely needs both Celtic and Rangers - and the TV and advertising money they bring in - in order to remain anything like the league it is.  And the other teams need to face up to the reality of their financial positions and start paying players what they can afford.

I can see Celtic and Rangers competing against English teams in the English divisions, in the same way as some Welsh clubs do today, although I don't think the Old Firm clubs would be able to start out in the EPL if they made the switch.  That would leave the residue of the SPL a shadow of its former self.

Offline Zoost

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2012, 02:31:45 PM »
He

I do too.  The SPL definitely needs both Celtic and Rangers - and the TV and advertising money they bring in - in order to remain anything like the league it is.  And the other teams need to face up to the reality of their financial positions and start paying players what they can afford.

I can see Celtic and Rangers competing against English teams in the English divisions, in the same way as some Welsh clubs do today, although I don't think the Old Firm clubs would be able to start out in the EPL if they made the switch.  That would leave the residue of the SPL a shadow of its former self.

Yeah, the SPL, and all of Scottish football would become like England's non-league system I fear. I agree on Rangers and Celtic and their entry to English football,  Rangers would come off better than Celtic, taking into consideration the current situation of both clubs. Whichever division they enter buy 9it would have to be the same one, would increase by two, so existing teams would not suffer.

Money and TV has wrecked football mate, I was watching some old 1985 footage of Everton in their heyday yesterday, One substitute, players were MUCH fitter, no play acting, ref's allowing the game to flow - hardly ever blowing the whistle. I miss that game so much.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2012, 02:49:07 PM »
Money and TV has wrecked football mate, I was watching some old 1985 footage of Everton in their heyday yesterday, One substitute, players were MUCH fitter, no play acting, ref's allowing the game to flow - hardly ever blowing the whistle. I miss that game so much.

Ah, the glory of the 80s; back when I didn't know clubs had 'squads' but only a first 11 and a couple of subs.  And what a first 11 Everton had back in the mid-80s.

I don't think Sky TV or money per se has wrecked football, but rather the way that clubs have given in to player-power and players' ever increasing wage demands.  Did you know that when the EPL began in the early 1990s, the average players' wage was 1,750 per week, where as now it's a whopping 35,000 per week!! Compare that with wage inflation in the rest of the economy and it just shows how out of touch with ordinary fans players have become.  Players' wages are the single biggest threat to football clubs' solvency today. 

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2012, 07:43:30 AM »
Celtic would be a top 10 EPL team today.

Offline Smee

• Desert Rose
  • Controversial, but true!
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2012, 11:37:28 AM »
Put Rangers and Celtic in the EPL and within a few seasons, putting them on a level playing feild financially....i think both would Thrive. The crowds they could get would be frighteneing. Your talking about teams that can get 50 000+ against the crap up here, imagine the interst it would generate playing the cream of English football every week.

As far as Scottish football goes.....i think its going to take ONE SPL team....to admit they need to go part time, and then many others would follow. Scottish Football is in such dire straits.

I do for one think the the game has been killed by the silly money Sky etc has put into EPL. Clubs are paying out rediculous wages now....and who is picking up the tab? Its the punters, forced into paying crazy entrance prices. TFootball was supposed to be a working class sport

I remember a few seasons back, Chelseas income from gate receipts covered 20% of their bills. That sort of wreckless spending can not continue. That said....i see this year...for the first time in ages...Chelsea posted a PROFIT, of 1.4M, as opposed to losses last season, of nigh on 70M

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2012, 12:10:46 PM »
too many teams in scotland.

They need to do what the Inverness teams did.

Have one team in Dundee.

One in Edinburgh.

One in the SouthWest/Ayrshire area.

One in the central belt

One in Stirling, etc

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2012, 03:12:19 PM »
It seems that Suarez' teammates don't like him much either: ;D

Update: after 11 matches played, Everton are in 4th place with 20 points, whilst Liverpool linger in 13th place with 12 points. :)

Offline imedi

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2012, 03:46:15 PM »

Update: after 11 matches played, Everton are in 4th place with 20 points, whilst Liverpool linger in 13th place with 12 points. :)

we want to make you look good for now until we take that 4th spot off ye at the end of the season  :-)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2012, 03:48:23 PM »

we want to make you look good for now until we take that 4th spot off ye at the end of the season  :-)

Come on and 'ave a go if you think you're hard enough.

Offline Zoost

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2012, 04:03:12 PM »

Come on and 'ave a go if you think you're hard enough.

Well said TD, we will see. If you took that cheating racist Suarez out of the current Liverpool side, there is no doubt in my mind they would struggle to stay in the premier league.

Everton personify the word 'team', they are filled to the brim with very good players, no world-beaters, but very good none the less. Liverpool are most definitely a one man show. And before all the Steve G fans start crying here, he is WELL past his best.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2012, 04:16:31 PM »
Well said TD, we will see. If you took that cheating racist Suarez out of the current Liverpool side, there is no doubt in my mind they would struggle to stay in the premier league.

One has to wonder where the goals would come from without Suarez.

Everton personify the word 'team', they are filled to the brim with very good players, no world-beaters, but very good none the less. Liverpool are most definitely a one man show. And before all the Steve G fans start crying here, he is WELL past his best.

Plus, Everton have a great experienced manager in David Moyes, who's been around the block.

Stevie G is probably sulking 'cos he's not Big Balls no.1 at Anfield these days.  And looking at the way Suarez' teammates ignored him when he scored a vital goal, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a lot of friction going on in the Liverpool dressing room.

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2012, 05:27:50 PM »
If you took Suarez out they've got no other striker so yeah...... chances are they'd struggle and fair play to Suarez.

Oh that one man show (Suarez? Reina? Gerrard? Kingston?) that just got a deserved point away to the Champions of Europe and had 3 stolen off them at Goodison. Stevie G past his best? Yes, but he'd still waltz into the Everton team and be Captain/Assistant Manager within 6 minutes. Anyone from Everton's recent history compare with the current Liverpool skipper? Southhall's probably the closest.

Everton fans?!? Good start to the season and you'd think they just won the Capital One Cup or something. 

So glad to see Villa looking like a team again, yes we lost but it was a hell of a game - all anyone outside the top 6 can ask for really.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2012, 06:22:35 PM »
If you took Suarez out they've got no other striker so yeah...... chances are they'd struggle and fair play to Suarez.

Shame his teammates don't appreciate his contributions more. ;D

Oh that one man show (Suarez? Reina? Gerrard? Kingston?) that just got a deserved point away to the Champions of Europe and had 3 stolen off them at Goodison. Stevie G past his best? Yes, but he'd still waltz into the Everton team and be Captain/Assistant Manager within 6 minutes. Anyone from Everton's recent history compare with the current Liverpool skipper? Southhall's probably the closest.

Everton couldn't afford Gerrard's wages, or Suarez', let alone the 120,000 per week they're paying Joe Cole. ;D   Everton are a financially responsible club.  And Neville Southall, now that was a keeper- Pepe Reina couldn't hold a candle to our Nev. 8)

So glad to see Villa looking like a team again, yes we lost but it was a hell of a game - all anyone outside the top 6 can ask for really.

A team in 17th place. :'(