Author Topic: From The Ground Up - 2012/2013 subscriber package  (Read 44351 times)

Offline judgesmails

• Wanderer
From The Ground Up - 2012/2013 subscriber package
« on: August 31, 2012, 02:21:22 PM »
Judging by the email (below) that I just received from U2.com, it sounds like some additional 360 tour live tracks will be included in the next subscriber package, along with a new book called "From The Ground Up".

"From The Ground Up, the official photo book of the U2360 tour, is all set for publication in just a couple of months.

This handsome hardback featuring photography from Ralph Larmann and text by Dylan Jones is published in October but if you're a U2.com subscriber, don't order it yet...

We're delighted to announce that we'll be releasing a special edition of From The Ground Up - just for our U2.com subscribers.

Featuring the same text and photography, this special edition comes with a little something extra - including more exclusive live tracks from U2360.

No U2.com offer has been as warmly received as the current one with U22 so our 2012/13 package will bring you even more live tracks from U2360. This will all be part of the surprise when the different elements of the new subscription offer are announced in October. With this email we wanted to give you a heads up that U2360 From The Ground Up will be part of the deal."

The Grave

Re: From The Ground Up - 2012/2013 subscriber package
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 02:42:38 PM »
cool. I was planning on buying the book so now I'll get the extra tracks

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 03:18:31 PM »
Cool to hear about new live tracks being offered - i'd guess it will just be the hits that missed out, like vertigo, boots etc, but i'll still hold out hope for electrical storm, your blue room and hmtmkmkm...

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 03:19:49 PM »
Your Blue Room, Miss Sarajevo, No Line On The Horizon, Scarlet, I'll Go Crazy /Discotheque, and Get On Your Boots please!!!

Offline Spinning_Jay

• Wanderer
  • Nerdfighters DFTBA!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 06:23:07 PM »
So does this mean that the 2012/2013 subscribers will get the book and songs for free because I saw a tweet from one of the U2.com moderators and it said "Special edition of FROM THE GROUND UP, official photobook of U2 360 tour to be given to subscribers of @u2com +additional songs" and to me given means free (well as free as a $50 subscription can buy you) or do you have to subscribe for 2013/2014 years?

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 09:04:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Your Blue Room, Miss Sarajevo, No Line On The Horizon, Scarlet, I'll Go Crazy /Discotheque, and Get On Your Boots please!!!

Hold Me too.  :)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »
i'd like No Line, HMTM, YBR for sure!

Offline jenniferh aka jen

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 09:38:15 PM »
So does this mean that the 2012/2013 subscribers will get the book and songs for free because I saw a tweet from one of the U2.com moderators and it said "Special edition of FROM THE GROUND UP, official photobook of U2 360 tour to be given to subscribers of @u2com +additional songs" and to me given means free (well as free as a $50 subscription can buy you) or do you have to subscribe for 2013/2014 years?

I think you will have to renew your subscription in order to get the book and tracks. That is if your subscription is set to renew in the near future.

Offline Spinning_Jay

• Wanderer
  • Nerdfighters DFTBA!
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 10:05:24 PM »

I think you will have to renew your subscription in order to get the book and tracks. That is if your subscription is set to renew in the near future.

Oh makes sense I was just wondering because I subscribed in June and I just assumed that they would make me have to resubscribe to get that package... Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait to see what songs are released before I resub

Offline jenniferh aka jen

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 10:23:22 PM »

Oh makes sense I was just wondering because I subscribed in June and I just assumed that they would make me have to resubscribe to get that package... Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait to see what songs are released before I resub

I renewed my subscription last October and was informed that I had to renew again (early) in order to get U22 or wait until my subscription came up for renewal again this October. Apparently my subscription renewal was not for 2012. So just be wary of Live Nation and their "tactics"!

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 12:37:03 AM »

I renewed my subscription last October and was informed that I had to renew again (early) in order to get U22 or wait until my subscription came up for renewal again this October. Apparently my subscription renewal was not for 2012. So just be wary of Live Nation and their "tactics"!

Agree probably best to keep tuned to release dates etc. I have to think it must be a similar time on U2.com though. Otherwise you have a fan population with no book whilst its released to the world. So guess its about renewing early..

Offline spooked1oo

• Numb
  • Fourty-five lightyears from home
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 02:10:38 AM »
I hope they give us a nice 12-track bonus CD. I WANT MISS SARAJEVO.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 04:29:32 AM »
I have certainly bashed u2.com in the past, but this is a great subscriber gift. They are learning. And yes, I'll probably re-sub early to get it, but that's my choice and effective marketing. 

Offline Droo

• don't expect, suggest
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 09:26:04 AM »
I'm going to have to wait to see what the tracks are. If they're just the hits I've heard a million times before that didn't make the cut, it won't be worth it to me.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 09:37:46 AM »
but this book will be in stores, just w/o the cd, right?