Author Topic: From The Ground Up - 2012/2013 subscriber package  (Read 24160 times)

Offline Fastcars12

• Wanderer
Re: From The Ground Up - 2012/2013 subscriber package
« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2012, 05:39:22 AM »
This version of Electrical Storm is amazing. Check it out on You Tube. I was bummed that it wasn't on U22. The end where Edge rocks out is pretty sweet. Also hoping for Your Blue Room since I was at that show.

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know A body in a soul
« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2012, 08:15:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The Zoo TV disc in the bundle package thing - is that the one that U2.com gave away in 2006? Have they been sat on a pile of unsold copies all these years?

Based on the picture it seems to be the same discs from 2006 which is why I'm going to get that bundle pack seeing as how the Zoo Tv discs run for +$200 on places like eBay and Amazon.

Also I called live nation if I had to re subscribe to get this years special and they said yes

Really?! Yikes! OK, well, then I guess I could get the $75 renewal (paying the extra $35 for the Zoo TV Audio since it seems to be less than the market rate) and gift U22 or keep it as a collector's item. :) However, will I then have TWO 25% offs for the U2.com store? I haven't yet used my first one! Too bad I couldn't use it for the renewal!  ;)

Excited for this - again! Thanks U2.com!!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:23:24 AM by mdmomof7 »

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know A body in a soul
« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2012, 08:17:02 AM »
I'm so excited for Electrical Storm

The version is kinda bizarre. the guitar is in a different key or something. It sounds different to the extent of being dissonant...

I thought so too, from about 50secs. on?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:19:57 AM by mdmomof7 »

Offline A_Fly_On_The_Wall

• Deep In the Heart
  • Stand Up For Your Love...
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2012, 09:34:43 AM »
Just dowloaded my two bonus tracks, "No Line On The Horizon" and "Spanish Eyes".

Both are great versions, can't wait for it to arrive now so I can hear all the others  ;)

Offline miryclay

• Staring at the Sun
  • Whisper to the Thunder
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2012, 09:40:17 AM »
if you can't download those extra tracks just clear out your cache...it works

Offline spooked1oo

• Numb
  • Fourty-five lightyears from home
« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2012, 10:32:56 AM »
My question is are the tracks actually all picked by Edge? I'm kind of doubtful about that.

But anyway, I definitely want to see these tracks on there:

Breathe
Your Blue Room
HMTMKMKM
Miss Sarajevo
Stingray Guitar

Offline KenpoMatt

• Stateless
  • The first wealth is health.
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2012, 12:31:49 PM »
I'm assuming that there is no chance that North Star or Every Breaking Wave or Boy Falls from the Sky would get picked as they were not on the original tracks to pick from last year....but I'll still hope anyways

Offline Droo

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • when the soul wants, the soul waits
« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2012, 12:52:58 PM »
I don't think U2.com has said anything about this CD only being made up of songs that were up for inclusion on U22.

Offline jc619er

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2012, 12:57:03 PM »
I can't wait for this package. Finally two straight years of a package worthy of $50. It's not just a stupid remix disc.

Offline u2vertigotour

• Babyface
« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2012, 01:31:12 PM »
Is it normal that two gifts ( U22 and From the Ground Up) are so close together? I mean 6 months or less isn't a lot. And I thought I read on this site that the average was twelf to fifteen months.

U22 was announced in October 2011 and the new subscription cycle started then.  The actual package didn't ship until June 2012 because they had to go through the voting process and then manufacture the discs after they got the voting results.

But now it will be shipped next month. That's pretty close together, right?

Offline jw

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2012, 03:00:55 PM »
Is it normal that two gifts ( U22 and From the Ground Up) are so close together? I mean 6 months or less isn't a lot. And I thought I read on this site that the average was twelf to fifteen months.

U22 was announced in October 2011 and the new subscription cycle started then.  The actual package didn't ship until June 2012 because they had to go through the voting process and then manufacture the discs after they got the voting results.

But now it will be shipped next month. That's pretty close together, right?

You're right.  I didn't think about your question correctly.  I was thinking in terms of subscription cycles, not actual shipment dates.  Yeah, it is odd.  Maybe they're trying to get back on track.  The gifts started out in November and they kept slipping later and later, even to the point of skipping a calendar year.  So maybe they're trying to get back on schedule since the subscription cycles are for 12 months, not 12-15 months.  One year they were so late, they extended some people's subscriptions.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2012, 05:28:34 PM »
I don't think U2.com has said anything about this CD only being made up of songs that were up for inclusion on U22.

No but it definitely seems very heavily implied. They say it's live 360 songs and they explicitly say "These are the cuts you asked for after our one-off release of U22" - which implies it's the songs that didn't make it onto U22.

Plus they aren't going to double up songs we already have and they already have all these other tracks, perfectly remastered, just sitting around.

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2012, 06:19:35 PM »

Plus they aren't going to double up songs we already have

not so soon after the first time anyway

Offline Droo

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • when the soul wants, the soul waits
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2012, 08:38:13 AM »

No but it definitely seems very heavily implied. They say it's live 360 songs and they explicitly say "These are the cuts you asked for after our one-off release of U22" - which implies it's the songs that didn't make it onto U22.

Or it could also just mean tracks fans asked for after U22. If you looked at the Comments sections on U22 stuff people were clamoring for the unreleased new songs.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2012, 01:40:05 PM »

Or it could also just mean tracks fans asked for after U22. If you looked at the Comments sections on U22 stuff people were clamoring for the unreleased new songs.

Possible but.... I'm very sceptical. There's just no real reason to assume otherwise at this point. Especially since fans did ask a lot for the rest of the potential U22 tracks as well, especially when they released Unknown Caller.

To be honest, I'm very happy with this if it is U22 outtakes as I assume. It's the second year in a row that U2.com have done a really good gift. (Obviously they do better ones in off years when they need subscribers to have more incentive)