Author Topic: From The Ground Up - 2012/2013 subscriber package  (Read 26408 times)

Offline bwm231163

• Stateless
Re: From The Ground Up - 2012/2013 subscriber package
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2012, 12:37:46 PM »
According to U2.com, Edge's Picks opens with Breathe, closes with 40 and every song has previously been released on an album or single (ruling out Stingray, and hinting that Party Girl will be included).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 12:42:52 PM by bwm231163 »

Offline Thunder Peel

• Elevated
  • I'm the Doctor
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2012, 01:20:16 PM »
I guess that means that Every Breaking Wave and North Star are out, as well as Stingray. I was hoping those would at least get some kind of release.

Offline jw

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2012, 01:39:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
According to U2.com, Edge's Picks opens with Breathe, closes with 40 and every song has previously been released on an album or single (ruling out Stingray, and hinting that Party Girl will be included).

?? Party Girl was not an album track or a single.  The single reference probably hints at HMTMKMKM.  I'm just trying to figure out if Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room are considered album tracks since those those are technically Passenger songs.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2012, 02:44:59 PM »
Shouldn't be too hard to work out; find out how many U22 outtakes there were, subtract NLOTH, Stingray and Spanish Eyes. That shouldn't give us too many more than 15.

Plus we already know that Breathe, Boots, Electrical Storm and "40" are on it.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:46:46 PM by The Unknown Caller »

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2012, 03:38:44 PM »

?? Party Girl was not an album track or a single.  The single reference probably hints at HMTMKMKM.  I'm just trying to figure out if Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room are considered album tracks since those those are technically Passenger songs.

party girl was on the 'a celebration' single and on the uabrs live album.

Offline TheU2Ken

• Up With the Sun
  • VOTE FOR THE FORUM AWARDS!!!!!!
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2012, 03:59:56 PM »
very happy w/ Breathe. BUT PLEASE. NO STUCK AND IALW. I might be able to handle Stuck

just ordered today and Spanish Eyes and No Line are fantastic

Offline jw

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2012, 04:00:47 PM »

It was a b-side and on a non-studio album.  I don't think it counts.  If you include those, then there's really no restrictions - just anything that's been released in the past.

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2012, 04:53:06 PM »

It was a b-side and on a non-studio album.  I don't think it counts.  If you include those, then there's really no restrictions - just anything that's been released in the past.

yes. so i took it to mean the unreleased songs played on 360 wont be on it. havent seen the actual announcement but from the wording from bwm doesnt say anything about bsides or non studio albums not counting.

but they could change it all tomorrow. nothings ever set in stone with these guys.

Offline Droo

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • when the soul wants, the soul waits
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2012, 09:47:04 PM »
Too bad about the unreleased songs.

I am desperately hoping Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room qualify for inclusion. I somehow doubt two Passengers tracks will make the cut and YBR will probably be left off, but I could be wrong.

Offline bwm231163

• Stateless
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2012, 12:28:26 AM »

I assumed it meant released on a single (i.e. A-side or B-side) which would include Party Girl.

Offline spooked1oo

• Numb
  • Fourty-five lightyears from home
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2012, 01:01:34 AM »
HEY, EDGE! YOU PLAYED THE KEYS FOR MISS SARAJEVO! YOU LIKE IT! YOU PICK IT! UNDERSTAND ME? YOU PICKED IT!!!!

...But, please, give some recognition to the Passengers tracks.

Offline bwm231163

• Stateless
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2012, 02:22:09 AM »

I think the point they are making is that the unreleased songs they played on the tour (Stingray, EBW etc) are not going to be included. All the songs on the CD have previously been released on an album or single.

Offline bwm231163

• Stateless
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2012, 02:26:12 AM »
Too bad about the unreleased songs.

I am desperately hoping Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room qualify for inclusion. I somehow doubt two Passengers tracks will make the cut and YBR will probably be left off, but I could be wrong.

I would never have expected Electrical Storm either, but it is included. Fingers crossed for YBR. 

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2012, 12:42:34 PM »
If I were a betting man, I'd bet on...

Known
1) Breathe
2) '40'
3) Electrical Storm
4) Boots

Guesses
5) Miss Sarajevo
6) Pride
7) I Will Follow
8) Go Crazy
9) Desire
10) In A Little While
11) Sunday Bloody Sunday
12) Stuck In A Moment
13) HMTMKMKM
14) Vertigo
15) New Year's Day

That would leave just Stingray, Angel of Harlem, Party Girl, Your Blue Room, Scarlet and Mothers from the U22 songs still unreleased, and I could easily see at least the last five getting "online" releases to subscribers.

Offline TheU2Ken

• Up With the Sun
  • VOTE FOR THE FORUM AWARDS!!!!!!
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2012, 02:06:56 PM »
10) In A Little While
12) Stuck In A Moment

WHYY!?!?!?!  :'(

I hope you're wrong TUC