Author Topic: From The Ground Up - 2012/2013 subscriber package  (Read 26736 times)

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
Re: From The Ground Up - 2012/2013 subscriber package
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2012, 02:34:12 PM »
i know they said edges picks but i wonder if they'll pay any attention to how many votes they got in the poll.

Offline jick

• Desert Rose
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2012, 04:25:33 PM »
Why can't you all face the reality that you are getting leftovers from the U22 voting?

You think their engineers would go back to the studio and remix/remaster some other songs that haven't been remastered yet, just for a fan club release?

It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

All the songs that were up for voting, minus U22, minus the bonus tracks (Unknown Caller, Spanish Eyes, No Line On The Horizon), minus the non-album or non-single tracks - then you pretty much have the entire "Edge's picks" there.

Do you even think Edge actually played a hand in all this?

Come on folks, sometimes we just need not listen to all the marketing hype and be realistic.

Cheers,

J

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2012, 07:12:19 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Why can't you all face the reality that you are getting leftovers from the U22 voting?

...? A few of us have said this repeatedly, and said that we're very happy about it! Much better than them going to waste. :)

Offline Droo

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • when the soul wants, the soul waits
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2012, 09:26:11 PM »
Exactly. It's presumed that Edge selected the songs from the remaining tracks that didn't make U22. ALL the songs that were up for selection were mixed and mastered.

Offline jc619er

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2012, 11:58:21 PM »
I'm not mad if its the tracks not picked for U22. I'm never upset with a new U2 live cd.

Offline Fastcars12

• Stateless
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2012, 08:02:49 AM »

You think their engineers would go back to the studio and remix/remaster some other songs that haven't been remastered yet, just for a fan club release?

It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

All the songs that were up for voting, minus U22, minus the bonus tracks (Unknown Caller, Spanish Eyes, No Line On The Horizon), minus the non-album or non-single tracks - then you pretty much have the entire "Edge's picks" there.

Do you even think Edge actually played a hand in all this?

Come on folks, sometimes we just need not listen to all the marketing hype and be realistic.

Cheers,

J

For once I actually agree with this guy. It's no secret what will be on the CD. Not that it's a bad thing though. It's a nice gift for sure. 

• Holy Joe
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2012, 08:57:12 AM »
Yeah, as far as I can tell this is Jick just telling everyone what we already know as though we were going to shocked by it, then trying to convince us that it's really a bad thing.

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2012, 02:54:57 PM »
yeah he likes to feel he's cutting edge. stating the consensus opinion as if he's presenting a new revelation that will be hard to stomach for people not as edgy as he.

zootv

« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2012, 04:23:16 PM »
I don't know why there is so much hate for Jick on this site. His posts are usually well thought out and intelligent which is more than I can say for many people around here. Also, like it or not, he is usually right.

• Holy Joe
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2012, 05:18:02 PM »
I don't know why there is so much hate for Jick on this site. His posts are usually well thought out and intelligent which is more than I can say for many people around here. Also, like it or not, he is usually right.

But he undoubtedly does get a thrill out of trying to seem cynical and criticise people making positive appraisals of U2. Like in cases like this where he says something everyone already knows but tries to make it seem like a bad thing.

Offline dagobah

• Wanderer
  • exploring nature in Wyoming
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2012, 07:18:50 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if I'll Go Crazy and Moment of Surrender were on there, since they've both been released before (on Wide Awake in Europe and in the case of Crazy, on Artificial Horizon as well). That version of MOS is fantastic though, so hopefully it is on there.

Sorry for my ignorance, but . . . . . what is Wide Awake In Europe?

Offline miryclay

• Child of Grace
  • It's 2014
« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2012, 08:44:36 PM »

Offline dagobah

• Wanderer
  • exploring nature in Wyoming
« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2012, 09:05:56 PM »
miryclay, thanks for the quick reply.  Back when Wide Awake In Europe was released, I must have dismissed it as unimportant when I learned it was only on vinyl.

Offline jick

• Desert Rose
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2012, 01:28:31 AM »
Some people have posted here being hopeful for:

-Crazy Tonight with the POP snippets
-North Star, Every Breaking Wave, Boy Falls From The Sky, Mercy
-or a particular version of their song played in the concert they watched

So I am just stating the obvious (to most people here but not to all), that don't bet your bottom dollar on those songs being among "Edge's Picks".

Cheers,

J

• Holy Joe
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2012, 09:54:27 AM »
Well, we already knew for a fact that none of the new songs would be there since they told us so, and it's entirely possible that people will get a particular version of their song... if that's the one which was remastered! The Crazy one was off though; they're just using Dublin 3 for that as they always do.