Author Topic: From The Ground Up - 2012/2013 subscriber package  (Read 26339 times)

Offline jick

• Desert Rose
Re: From The Ground Up - 2012/2013 subscriber package
« Reply #300 on: January 15, 2013, 04:48:03 PM »
My entire package is now complete.

I think it is the best $85 I ever spent on U2.

It was a great value for money and no one will be disappointed for sure:
-Zoo TV Live 2cd
-U22 2cd
-From The Ground Up Hardcover 256 page book
-Edge's Picks 1cd
-all the little bonuses that come with it (downloads, bookmarks, mini-posters, prints)

When you add them all up, you have a soundboard/broadcast version of almost every song played in the 360 Tour and a nice book with real behind-the-scenes information (as opposed to stating common knowledge which is irrelevant for the hardcore U2 fan).  So woe to all those who claim U2's site and fan service is no good.  They have really picked it up now.

Cheers,

J

Offline sw

• Running to Stand Still
  • At the home office it's always March 2010.
« Reply #301 on: January 19, 2013, 07:32:06 AM »
Got mine yesterday in NYC, it was shipped on Jan. 10. Love it! The book is beautifully printed, clearly not a cheap job. I love what turned up on Edge's picks, stuff like Electrical Storm and Miss Sarajevo. The prints were a little difficult to pull out of the sleeve but they weren't stuck. It feels like the sleeve should have been slightly bigger, by maybe half a centimeter.

The ONLY criticism I have is that many of the photos in the book do not come with a caption (even on the following page would have been good). In some, you know where it was because you can recognize something in the skyline or perhaps you'd know the stadium, but in others there's no easy way to tell where/when the photo was taken. I only want to know so I can look for myself in the crowd, even if it's blurry :) and mostly to show my friends. "LOOK! I was RIGHT THERE!"

Putting all the songs in one iTunes playlist and it'll be like one very long U2 concert.

Offline andrewau2

• Stateless
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
« Reply #302 on: January 19, 2013, 11:22:18 AM »
For those still waiting, I got a deluxe subscription as a gift and ordered it on 12/25/12.  I received the From the Ground Up book with Edge's Picks CD this week.

I didn't get the U22 or ZooTV cds yet.  I emailed FanFire for an update on those items and this was their response:

"Hello,

Thank you for choosing Live Nation. I apologize for the delay, but your item is currently on backorder. While we usually expect to restock backordered items in 1 - 4 weeks, sometimes there are delays in receiving the product. We will fill your order once your item is back in stock. If you prefer not to wait, please notify us and we will cancel your backorder. We will send you an email confirmation when your order is filled and has shipped. Until your notification email is sent, your backorder status will remain unchanged.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us."

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Touch me...take me to that other place..
« Reply #303 on: January 19, 2013, 04:23:43 PM »
I received mine today...received the tracking email on the 11th but the tracking number never worked.  Just emailed them today telling them that my package never arrived.. Oops...had to email them again to say ignore my last email!!

What an amazing gift!! A wonderful gift to remind me of an awesome tour...magical memories!

Offline OnlyU2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #304 on: January 19, 2013, 05:17:28 PM »
I got my email on the 10th and still haven't gotten mine.  The tracking number doesn't work and I was going to email them to tell them my package hasn't arrived, but I will wait until mid week . . .

Offline mariamontreal

• Babyface
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #305 on: January 20, 2013, 04:59:38 AM »
Not only did I recieve my package they  also sent me 2 more ,plus last years again , so I now have 3 copies of FTGU and a 2nd copy of U22. They made a mistake and I was only charged the one billing for this years subsription. Guess I will give them as gifts ....BTW, love the book .

Offline sulphur76

• Stateless
« Reply #306 on: January 20, 2013, 10:35:35 AM »
I re-upped yesterday and bought the $85 package. I haven't renewed since before NLOTH and am happy to get some of the physical copies of some of this stuff. But I must say, the online store is pathetic. How does one of the biggest bands in the world have such a small selection of tshirts, and even then half of them only come in small or medium? I would love to use my 20% discount, but there needs to be something in the store to use it on (cannot be used on audio or video products). I mean, I can't be the only adult male in the world that would buy a large Joshua Tree or War tshirt if they had it in stock, can I? You go to beatles.com or rollingstones.com and there is a massive selection of items. Baffling......for a band that many on here have complained are no longer musicians, but businessmen, they sure have a lame selection of things to sell.

Offline dagobah

• Wanderer
  • exploring nature in Wyoming
« Reply #307 on: January 20, 2013, 12:01:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I mean, I can't be the only adult male in the world that would buy a large Joshua Tree or War tshirt if they had it in stock, can I? You go to beatles.com or rollingstones.com and there is a massive selection of items. Baffling......for a band that many on here have complained are no longer musicians, but businessmen, they sure have a lame selection of things to sell.
That's actually funny.   ;D

Offline tucka

• Babyface
« Reply #308 on: January 20, 2013, 12:08:45 PM »
I really hope my copy comes this week. It was shipped on the 11th but I'm guessing the bad weather is holding it up a little

Offline markreed

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #309 on: January 21, 2013, 03:59:19 PM »
The online store has a poor selection of stuff. I wouldn't exactly say "Follow Metallica", and have U2 board games and baubles... but their store has a far better selection. TBH, they are missing a huge merch trick by not reprinting a 'Classic' selection (and not the 75 fake-aged-B.S.-reprints on the 2005 tour). In the end, if I want an old shirt I didn't get at the time, I tend to pay about 4 on Ebay, and U2 get 0 of that.

Offline shorne

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Two crap albums in a row and we're done...
« Reply #310 on: January 21, 2013, 10:26:18 PM »
I have to say... U2, for some reason, (and for the most part) doesn't have the same cache when it comes to rock shirts that can be worn in public or even smartly to a bar under a black blazer with jeans and cool ass leather loafers a la Hank moody.  Whereas the Rolling Stones, Zeppelin, Stone Roses... band like that... they have t-shirt cache.  Don't get me wrong, I love u2, but I just don't see myself (or have seen anyone else for that matter) wearning a vintage JT shirt in the open.  Mind you, I do live in Ottawa, the stick up the @$$ capital of the world: BTW... at this moment, I'm watching ZOO TV and listening to the Burrowes Thanksgiving Poem.  "You Always were a headache and you always were a bore..."

Offline tucka

• Babyface
« Reply #311 on: January 22, 2013, 08:52:44 AM »
Received mine today. Only had a quick flick through before work but it looks great. My photos weren't stuck in the sleeve either

Offline OnlyU2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #312 on: January 22, 2013, 07:30:10 PM »
I got mine today, listening to the CD now! The book is great! Will cherish this!

Offline Matty_Mullens

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • "Brevity is the essence of wit" B.E. -1984
« Reply #313 on: January 25, 2013, 01:29:05 AM »
Got mine today.  I'm in Nashville.  No problems with getting the lithographs out.
Btw, over the course of about 6 hours, I read the entire book.  Not as many insights concerning songs as I would have liked but still a definitive document of the life of the 360 tour.  Thumbs up
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:31:30 AM by Matty_Mullens »

Offline youngmanu2

• Babyface
« Reply #314 on: January 31, 2013, 10:59:49 AM »
So, we're past the holidays - and where is the "community" section on U2.com? Anyone? Anyone?