Author Topic: What's the average age of a U2 fan ?  (Read 10176 times)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
Re: What's the average age of a U2 fan ?
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2013, 03:02:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If you're jealous, I'll just say I'm now at an age where I wake up with back pain most mornings.

Yeah, I went through a spell of that for a few months and then it just went away.  I wonder what causes it?

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • Free yourself to be yourself.
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2013, 08:11:34 AM »
If you're jealous, I'll just say I'm now at an age where I wake up with back pain most mornings.

Yeah, I went through a spell of that for a few months and then it just went away.  I wonder what causes it?

I could offer the musings of Adam Hills (Aussie comedian): you get to a certain age and having a good poo becomes the highlight of your day... could be a related issue? :P

Offline THRILLHO

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2013, 08:18:03 AM »

Not sure if i'm missing sarcasm in this, but i've found it's the bed you sleep on. I wake up <im 31> with back problems and a headache very often. Once im outta bed it fades away.

Offline mlines6

• Refugee
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2013, 11:20:38 AM »
I'm 37 (will be 38 in July)...I happened to catch the Elevation Live from Boston special on tv in 2001 and that is what first got me really excited about U2. But I had just returned from being overseas for a couple of years so couldn't afford to go to any of the concerts on the Elevation tour, so my first tour was Vertigo.

Offline larrylove

• Wanderer
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2013, 11:08:33 AM »
i was 15 when i became a u2 fan now i'm 44 years old and still a huge fan.

Offline Zoost

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »

I was 14. Ill be turning 44 in March.

Offline U2runnr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Vision over visibility
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2013, 01:16:50 PM »
I'm 19, became a fan at the release of HTDAAB, and around a year after discovered the rest of their music and became a big fan. And my fandom does seem to increase with age.   ;D

Offline stuc

• Stateless
  • I can't change the world but .....
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2013, 03:27:13 AM »
Older sister gave me achtung baby when i was 10, a fan ever since, 31 now.  Not sure about an average age for a u2 fan, maybe the rate at which new fans are gained and old ones stop being a fan / pass away is another interesting question?  Obviously the peak at which new fans are gained has long gone and slows down with each album release.  And are older fans starting to no longer be a fan?  Are theymaking net gains or net losses?....  Depends how you define a fan haha!  Which is the horrible, thorny question that causes upset, argument, judgemental comments etc.... Best leave it then haha....

Offline bethere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2013, 07:23:01 AM »

I was 14. Ill be turning 44 in March.

So you became a fan during the War tour. Did you see any War tour shows?

Offline uplate6674

• Up With the Sun
  • every poet is a thief
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2013, 08:23:27 AM »
Older sister gave me achtung baby when i was 10, a fan ever since, 31 now.  Not sure about an average age for a u2 fan, maybe the rate at which new fans are gained and old ones stop being a fan / pass away is another interesting question?  Obviously the peak at which new fans are gained has long gone and slows down with each album release.  And are older fans starting to no longer be a fan?  Are theymaking net gains or net losses?....  Depends how you define a fan haha!  Which is the horrible, thorny question that causes upset, argument, judgemental comments etc.... Best leave it then haha....

I've found that most people retain their fandom to some degree. They may not be posting on fansites, but they do go to concerts and buy albums. I think every white person from my high school was at the Philly 360 show.

zootv

« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2013, 09:05:45 AM »

I've definitely become more of a fan over the last 10 years.

Offline stuc

• Stateless
  • I can't change the world but .....
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2013, 09:09:05 AM »

So have I I'd say.  Maybe as you get to certain ages you can relate to the band in a new and different way, with different phases and ages of the band becoming more relevant to you?

zootv

« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2013, 03:33:46 PM »

So have I I'd say.  Maybe as you get to certain ages you can relate to the band in a new and different way, with different phases and ages of the band becoming more relevant to you?

As we all get older ( including the band ) I think our perspectives change. That's why I feel that I can relate to U2 more than ever.

Offline flopro

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • The Edge is god... Bono's just a decoy...
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2013, 04:09:28 PM »
I'm 16 and i only discovered U2 bout two years ago when i bought a second hand copy of there 18 Singles and now i think there the only band i listen too.... Allot of people in school think i'm strange, but i'd rather listen to U2 than the crap that artists are bring out now! :D

zootv

« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2013, 04:23:47 PM »
I'm 16 and i only discovered U2 bout two years ago when i bought a second hand copy of there 18 Singles and now i think there the only band i listen too.... Allot of people in school think i'm strange, but i'd rather listen to U2 than the crap that artists are bring out now! :D

You're on the right track kid!