Author Topic: A Fan For 28 Years...  (Read 882 times)

Offline NeverInTheDaylight

• Babyface
  • Every artist is a cannibal
A Fan For 28 Years...
« on: September 18, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »
Hi everyone, im Rachel from New jersey and have been a big fan of U2 since TUF. Unfortunately i have only been able to see them once, on their Elevation tour 2001. But i am grateful for that!! Like many, U2 has provided a soundtrack for my life on an emotional and spiritual level. Seeing them really is kind of religious experience, complete with partial amnesia for the event, other than ecstasy(not the drug, haha).
Anyway, glad to be here, checking out the threads and pics(some are just WOW). I posted a couple of videos so far. Im eager to read more true fan's thoughts; and, it looks like on some threads, their little perversions, lol....LOVE IT!!

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
Re: A Fan For 28 Years...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 10:19:22 PM »
Welcome Rachel! I've been a fan for 27 years (obsessive fan for 25), and I absolutely get what you mean about "an emotional soundtrack" for your life. However, I have one question for you: How many times have you seen R&H?????

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 02:03:47 AM »
Its been quite a while since i watched that....My ex and i would watch it now and then back in the early 90's...He was more obssessed than myself back then and had every concert video and album/cassette/cd. Our very first Xmas together all he really wanted was the just released Achtung Baby. Unlike myself(at first), he loved it and declared it their best...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 02:06:07 AM by rachelle1165 »

Online mdmomof7

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 09:05:59 AM »
Glad you love all our idiosyncrasies!! Welcome! You will definitely enjoy it here and likely learn some new U2 trivia. People here really know their stuff!  :)

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 01:16:15 PM »
Thanks , i cant wait to get thru all these threads!!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 03:06:48 PM »
Hello and welcome, Rachelle.

If you had to see U2 on only one tour then you could do a lot worse than Elevation.  I agree that seeing a U2 concert is a kind of quasi-spiritual experience.

And what little perversions have you found out about other members?  I'm intrigued.

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 02:20:31 AM »
Thanks!! Yes i thought the Elevation tour was pretty good(but oh how i wish i had seen ZooTv instead!) and they sounded great!! Only thing that disappointed me GREATLY was since i knew a lighting crew member for the arena I had backstage passes BUT they DID NOT honor those to most people that night because Clinton was there and the place was crawling with Secret Service and there was extra security...So i was crying before the show even began :(...
As for the "perversions", well im not naming names(and there are so many here that i have yet to assimilate), what i meant was some of the pics(like a tear in Bono's pants at the crotch...o my, i wore my eyes out checking that one out) and some of the racy thoughts bout the band members....MMM i can relate....
I also have some interesting astrological observations bout the band members(ive studied astrology for 30 years, its a hobby) which i might post....but back to perversions...astrologically Bono and myself would be a hot and explosive combination in the sack :)..Ah, fantasies, lol...   
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:51:55 PM by NeverInTheDaylight »

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 02:59:07 AM »
i do have a question....im new to this kind of fan forum and i wish i could have chosen a more clever username....Is there any way to change this in my settings???

Offline Fist-O

• Numb
  • I leave behind video cameras for all of you!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 04:46:42 AM »
That's easy! Just click on 'Profile' above and click on 'Account Settings' on the roll down menu, once you're there you can the name to whatever you want. Cheers!

Online mdmomof7

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 10:48:43 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks!! Yes i thought the Elevation tour was pretty good(but oh how i wish i had seen ZooTv instead!) and they sounded great!! Only thing that disappointed me GREATLY was since i knew a lighting crew member for the arena and thus had backstage passes, they DID NOT honor those to most people that night because Clinton was there and the place was crawling with Secret Service and there was extra security...So i was crying before the show even began :(...
As for the "perversions", well im not naming names(and there are so many here that i have yet to assimilate), what i meant was some of the pics(like a tear in Bono's pants at the crotch...o my, i wore my eyes out checking that one out) and some of the racy thoughts bout the band members....MMM i can relate....
I also have some interesting astrological observations bout the band members(ive studied astrology for 30 years, its a hobby) which i might post....but back to perversions...astrologically Bono and myself would be a hot and explosive combination in the sack :)..Ah, fantasies, lol...

How the heck did *I* miss this? Been here about a year now!! Dag nab it!!  ::)

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 12:42:47 PM »
That's easy! Just click on 'Profile' above and click on 'Account Settings' on the roll down menu, once you're there you can the name to whatever you want. Cheers!

Thank you!!

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 01:02:25 PM »
Thanks!! Yes i thought the Elevation tour was pretty good(but oh how i wish i had seen ZooTv instead!) and they sounded great!! Only thing that disappointed me GREATLY was since i knew a lighting crew member for the arena and thus had backstage passes, they DID NOT honor those to most people that night because Clinton was there and the place was crawling with Secret Service and there was extra security...So i was crying before the show even began :(...

How the heck did *I* miss this? Been here about a year now!! Dag nab it!!  ::)

LOL....I THINK its in General Discussion under "Bono Still Rocks My  World"...where, I cant remember as its over 300 pages long and i went thru alot of pages!!

ETA
Page 6 of that thread has one shot of that but i have seen at least 5 posts with the same pic :), u know how that goes with all the quotes
and another:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 02:13:51 AM by NeverInTheDaylight »

Online mdmomof7

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 09:48:37 AM »
Aha! The second pic jogged the brain cells to life. I DO remember this!  ::) ;D

Offline A_Fly_On_The_Wall

• Deep In the Heart
  • I've Seen For Myself There's No End To Grief...
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »
Happy Birthday Daylight  ;)  (I don't know how old you are today but have a good day nonetheless  ;) )

I haven't introduced myself by the way... I'm fly and my name is Fly too  ;D

Welcome here  ;)