Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1643 times)

Offline AJ

• Child of Grace
  • Vinyl Guru
Hello
« on: October 17, 2012, 09:12:56 PM »
I'm pretty young (freshman in high school) so I was introduced to U2 in 7th grade and when I heard City of Blinding Lights thats when I started collecting U2. Not rare stuff but I have all albums but boy to unforgettable fire on cd plus 5 cd singles.

Offline _acrobat

• Desert Rose
  • Am I really all the things that are outside of me?
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 01:47:00 PM »
Welcome! I too am in highschool. I'd definitely recommend getting the unforgettable fire, it's one of their best imho.  :)

The Grave

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 02:45:48 PM »
Welcome. I came here when I started Freshman year too.

can't go wrong with getting Achtung Baby  :)

and don't forget to stop by the Teens Thread

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Release date of LP 13 ^
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 10:49:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum AJ! There are actually a lot of teens on here, including myself. Liking the avi, by the way. Jack White and Third Man Records are pretty awesome.

Offline AJ

• Child of Grace
  • Vinyl Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 10:02:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Welcome. I came here when I started Freshman year too.

can't go wrong with getting Achtung Baby  :)

and don't forget to stop by the Teens Thread
I have achtung baby. It comes after Unforgettable fire. I do have under a blood red sky as well.
BTW thanks for making me feel welcome.

The Grave

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 02:27:10 PM »
sorry I must have misread your post. I'd get October. very underrated

Offline StickOnTattoos

• Stateless
  • Thats all there is/leaves thatr green turn t brown
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 07:19:25 PM »
what the hell's wrong with you?! Finish your collection then come back!

jk :P
welcome to the forum
...but seriosly, get those cds

Offline AJ

• Child of Grace
  • Vinyl Guru
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 06:58:41 PM »
what the hell's wrong with you?! Finish your collection then come back!

jk :P
welcome to the forum
...but seriosly, get those cds
I'm working on it. I got into vinyl a couple months ago and have been collecting vinyl now. Really wish HTDAAB, ATYCLB. and NLOTH were readily available on vinyl though

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 07:16:49 PM »
NLOTH was readily available. Is it OOP now?

Offline AJ

• Child of Grace
  • Vinyl Guru
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 07:28:07 PM »
NLOTH was readily available. Is it OOP now?
I think it was limited to 8000 or something

Offline AJ

• Child of Grace
  • Vinyl Guru
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 10:04:17 PM »
I just bought this!
What is it? ;D Seriously. Does anyone have this
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 10:53:07 PM by AJ123 »

Offline sunrise

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Hello & HELP.
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 07:24:24 PM »
Hello Hello. I just saw the designation I was given here as a new registered user: 'Stranger In A Strange Land.' Got a big kick out of that. Hey, I like that. Been a fan for decades. Am in a hurry at the moment but have 2 questions. The 2nd question below is most important:

1) The reason I said "HELP": does ANYone know how to speak to a moderator or manager of this site? I've searched under 'Help' & everywhere that seems logical & can't find any way to contact ANYone running this site. Does anyone know?

2) Sincerely IMPORTANT question: are there ANY paid members of the official site 'u2.com' here (like me) who would PLEASE tell me if they know how to get a Private Message to one of the moderators of that site during that site's transition??? The address 'You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login' gets messages just kicked back to my personal address w/out delivery. My u2.com webmail won't send to that address either. I know that many paid members of u2.com actually hang out here more than they do there (also at Interference) so I'm posting this here. Sincerely: if u knew how important this could be, u would all GREATLY want to help me - PLEASE believe me. I'm talking about how to reach mod Max T (Tsukino if I'm spelling it right) specifically. But BajaGirl or BigWave would also do if necessary.

I sent a message thru the tiny customer svce window at that site asking the same question - but today's Saturday & IF anyone there gets that msg I'd be surprised if they respond b4 Mon or Tues - & then they might not know. If no one knows 'what gives' w/the zootopia email address - or how to reach Max thru the site at all - then I'm hoping someone who's been a paid u2.com member for enough yrs might have gotten Max's personal email address by now to at least send him my email address for me. For ex., if Max wanted to, he could then contact me from a secondary email address of his that he might not mind letting out - so then I could send him my message. Anyone? THANK YOU!  :)

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Touch me...take me to that other place..
Re: Hello & HELP.
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 07:41:09 PM »
Hello Hello. I just saw the designation I was given here as a new registered user: 'Stranger In A Strange Land.' Got a big kick out of that. Hey, I like that. Been a fan for decades. Am in a hurry at the moment but have 2 questions. The 2nd question below is most important:

1) The reason I said "HELP": does ANYone know how to speak to a moderator or manager of this site? I've searched under 'Help' & everywhere that seems logical & can't find any way to contact ANYone running this site. Does anyone know?

2) Sincerely IMPORTANT question: are there ANY paid members of the official site 'u2.com' here (like me) who would PLEASE tell me if they know how to get a Private Message to one of the moderators of that site during that site's transition??? The address 'You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login' gets messages just kicked back to my personal address w/out delivery. My u2.com webmail won't send to that address either. I know that many paid members of u2.com actually hang out here more than they do there (also at Interference) so I'm posting this here. Sincerely: if u knew how important this could be, u would all GREATLY want to help me - PLEASE believe me. I'm talking about how to reach mod Max T (Tsukino if I'm spelling it right) specifically. But BajaGirl or BigWave would also do if necessary.

I sent a message thru the tiny customer svce window at that site asking the same question - but today's Saturday & IF anyone there gets that msg I'd be surprised if they respond b4 Mon or Tues - & then they might not know. If no one knows 'what gives' w/the zootopia email address - or how to reach Max thru the site at all - then I'm hoping someone who's been a paid u2.com member for enough yrs might have gotten Max's personal email address by now to at least send him my email address for me. For ex., if Max wanted to, he could then contact me from a secondary email address of his that he might not mind letting out - so then I could send him my message. Anyone? THANK YOU!  :)

You can reach Bigwave and Bajagirl via twitter...I'm sure Max is there as well. Other than twitter I'd have no clue how to contact them. I am a paid subscriber to U2.com but don't use the forum... Hope that helps some.  Good luck with your quest.

Offline singnomore

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 04:58:17 AM »
Hey if your a Twitter account holder @U2comZooMods should reach any of the guys you are looking for

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 04:48:59 PM »
I just bought this!
What is it? ;D Seriously. Does anyone have this

I have that! I'm sure you know what it is by now since you probably have it but its a DVD called U2: the History Mix and it's pretty much a bunch of footage from the 90s. At least that's what I remember of it. It goes along with The Best of 1990-2000 (there's a space in the DVD set for it).