Author Topic: which U2 album shocked you most on your first listen?  (Read 1837 times)

Nanda360

Re: which U2 album shocked you most on your first listen?
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 02:30:36 PM »
NLOTH and Zooropa. The rest was all a great surprise, fortunately.

Offline Clarky

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 07:11:07 AM »
Achtung Baby. I remember hearing it (years after they released it mind you) and having all their pre-90's music on the brain. It was like a breath of fresh air and so exciting.

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Numb
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 01:16:09 PM »
Honestly, partly October, because i got into U2 in the 90's and was looking at the cover going... ok is this the same band??? They look way to different! Also Zooropa, I thought it sucked, after a few listens, it's probably my favorite U2 album.

Offline Pocket Merlin

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2012, 03:58:41 PM »
I became a U2 fan listening to HTDAAB and ATYCLB and kind of knew about their 80's stuff...so I decided to start digging for more of their material, and checked out Pop from the library. I brought it home, turned it on...and was completely dumbfounded. Here I was expecting something that sounded remotely similar to their other stuff, and I was getting what sounded like techno. I hated it at first but now I'm quite fond of it.

Offline Smee

• Desert Rose
  • Controversial, but true!
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2012, 03:43:33 PM »
For any fan that wasnt about, to hear the opening bars of Zoo Station, will never fully appreciate what a WTF moment that was, after The Joshua Tree and Rattle And Hum Albums.