Author Topic: U2.com Subscription heads up.  (Read 1346 times)

Offline reventhon

• Wanderer
U2.com Subscription heads up.
« on: November 12, 2012, 03:12:59 AM »
Last year I got the U22 package with my subscription which was great. My year was up a couple of weeks ago and I was offered U22 again, presumably because the new package was not ready yet. I let U2.com know about this but received no reply. Since the new package has been released I have to pay an extra $10 as if I had no subscription which seems a bit unfair. In the grand scheme it's not a huge amount for me but the same situation must apply to lots of people and will make a lot of extra money for u2.com. Just be aware!!

Offline U2 Spartan

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: U2.com Subscription heads up.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 10:33:10 AM »
I am having the same issue.  I renewed in October, and received my 2nd U22.  I have emailed U2.com multiple times and have received no reply.  I wish they would just respond and let me know what to do...I especially want to download No Line On The Horizon and Spanish Eyes...which I cannot figure out how to do.

Offline johno11

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 04:53:20 PM »
I'd really like to get the live from Sydney concert on cd (that their offering as part of the larger package), but can't as I'd end up receiving a second U22 cd

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:16:15 PM »
Same problem here. I did call Livenatio and spoke to someone who was brand new to the position and she admitted that she was a bit clueless. She told me that they do not set these things up on a calendar year, meaning January 1 to December 31. Instead each subscription year is determined by the subscriber gift and when the announcement of when it will begin shipping. For some strange reason this actually makes sense.  ???

Offline reventhon

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 02:16:59 AM »
It just doesn't make sense. You're a subscriber and pay for one calendar year from whenever you pay. All they have to do is make sure that they organise the next package within 365 days. Or at least extend your subscription until they get things sorted. How they can expect people to resubscribe and get the same package twice is beyond me. U2.com just can't seem to process orders properly as this is far from the first issue with them. I haven't had this with other products I've bought online.

Offline jw

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 08:58:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'd really like to get the live from Sydney concert on cd (that their offering as part of the larger package), but can't as I'd end up receiving a second U22 cd

Look at it as paying $35 to get Zoo2Live which is less than what you'd pay from other sources.  An extra copy of U22 would simply be bonus.  You could always sell the extra U22 if you don't want it..

Offline mdmomof7

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 09:22:51 AM »
^This is my justification. Merry Christmas to me. Resub to U2.com and finally the AB Super Deluxe set!  ;)

Offline rager1969

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 05:41:29 AM »
I never received an email offer to renew (last email from u2.com was in August 31 regarding the From The Ground Up photo book and that the 2012/2013 subscription package will include more live tracks). A few days ago, I logged in and my profile said I was a free member.  Looking back at my emails, I re-upped on November 9, 2011, so I had missed the renew discount by about a week.  What gives?

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 09:34:32 AM »
^ I would call livenation and tell them that you didn't get your renewal notification and sternly request they give you the renewal subscription rate. It doesn't hurt to try.

Offline Achtungbaby23

• Stateless
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 08:31:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I never received an email offer to renew (last email from u2.com was in August 31 regarding the From The Ground Up photo book and that the 2012/2013 subscription package will include more live tracks). A few days ago, I logged in and my profile said I was a free member.  Looking back at my emails, I re-upped on November 9, 2011, so I had missed the renew discount by about a week.  What gives?

This has happened to me. Logged in to see when my membership expires and it already has. I never received an email notice either. I sent an email I'm sure the chances of a response is not good. Did you contact them? Any luck?

Offline mariamontreal

• Babyface
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 03:59:56 AM »
The same thing happened to me my renewal was November , I renewed and saw it was for U22 , I figured they would automatically update the package for the ground up and notice I already had U22 , so I called them and they said I had to renew again for the new package and call them back and they will credit my Visa for the first renewal showing 2011-2012 . It seems they show the new renewal subscription the last day of your expiry date. When I renewed it was early November my renewal date was 22-11-12 . Now I will check with Visa to make sure they credited me for the first renewal . I checked my account on U2.COM and it shows the 2012-2013 subscrition.

Offline reventhon

• Wanderer
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 11:51:18 AM »
I've emailed them twice now and no reply ...

Offline TheUglyOne

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 01:54:15 AM »
Damn... my subscription expires end of this month and I don't want to receive that book again. Grrrrrrrr.

Offline soloyan

• Numb
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 06:10:01 AM »
Yeah, it's pretty clear this year that you are renewing for the "North Side Story" bundle. Before it was unclear what gift you were going to receive. I don't want to receive another book and miss the new gift...

Offline briscoetheque

• Airborne Ranger
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 06:39:02 AM »
I have a friend called Kevin. He was born blind, with no arms, 3 toes and without a brain. He functions with the aid of 2 rubber bands and a paper clip. He still would do a better job of running u2.com than the current set of arseclowns.