Author Topic: Concerts of 2013  (Read 64227 times)

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
Re: Concerts of 2013
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2013, 09:23:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Going to try for Killers tickets on Friday!! Wish me luck :-)

ok...but sympathy would be more appropriate.

:P
;) Good luck! The legitimate tickets crap shoot can be a real bummer!

Thank you...I agree! For this concert I'll just be happy with good seats!
If you're up for it and if it's available, try to get GA/floor tickets. My husband is a huge grump about waiting in GA lines and packing up front with the super fans, but he was ecstatic after our Killers show and swore all that standing and waiting was worth it. I'm sure the show would sound just as great from the comfort of a seat, but it was extra engaging when you could see all of Brandon's sweat.  That boy earns his dollars.

I love GA...it's the energy of the crowd; just takes me to another place.  I saw the Killers during their first tour at a House of Blues, was small and the crowd was amazing!! The band blew me away - I went to see the opening act but ended up falling for this band.

I'm going with my sis in law...sometimes she's not up for GA..

I sometimes wonder if there's a social media site for setting up "concert buddies." Just as some people refuse to go to the movies by themselves, I steadfastly refuse to go to a show by myself.

It's a perfect scenario because you really don't need to interact with the person; it just needs to look like you have a concert buddy while you're doing whatever on your smartphone to pass the hours in line. You'd probably end up talking to the person if they turned out to be interesting, if not, you could be social with the interesting people around you.  Then once the show starts, nobody should be having conversations anyway, so there's no awkwardness there. 

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2013, 09:29:14 PM »
Going to try for Killers tickets on Friday!! Wish me luck :-)

ok...but sympathy would be more appropriate.

:P
;) Good luck! The legitimate tickets crap shoot can be a real bummer!

Thank you...I agree! For this concert I'll just be happy with good seats!
If you're up for it and if it's available, try to get GA/floor tickets. My husband is a huge grump about waiting in GA lines and packing up front with the super fans, but he was ecstatic after our Killers show and swore all that standing and waiting was worth it. I'm sure the show would sound just as great from the comfort of a seat, but it was extra engaging when you could see all of Brandon's sweat.  That boy earns his dollars.

I love GA...it's the energy of the crowd; just takes me to another place.  I saw the Killers during their first tour at a House of Blues, was small and the crowd was amazing!! The band blew me away - I went to see the opening act but ended up falling for this band.

I'm going with my sis in law...sometimes she's not up for GA..

I sometimes wonder if there's a social media site for setting up "concert buddies." Just as some people refuse to go to the movies by themselves, I steadfastly refuse to go to a show by myself.

It's a perfect scenario because you really don't need to interact with the person; it just needs to look like you have a concert buddy while you're doing whatever on your smartphone to pass the hours in line. You'd probably end up talking to the person if they turned out to be interesting, if not, you could be social with the interesting people around you.  Then once the show starts, nobody should be having conversations anyway, so there's no awkwardness there.

Now that sounds like a perfect social media app! 

I've never attended a concert by myself but wish I had for several I had attended with horrible concert buddies...lol

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2013, 10:41:39 PM »
I don't understand, why won't you guys go to concerts by yourself?

I go by myself all the time, it's great, you get to make friends with other people in line and you know they're as interested in the music as you are, and they're new people you haven't met before.  :)

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2013, 11:17:07 PM »
I never try and go with more than 1 or two people.

if it's a seated show, going in a group of more than 3 or 4 means you will get crappy seats.

If it's GA, there will always be one who wants to meet up with you later, so you either go in later and get a crappy spot or become terribly unpopular with those around you when your friend tries to cut in, or unpopular with your friend if you tell em to pull their head in and join the back of the line.

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2013, 01:18:07 AM »
I just don't have any friends. :P

Offline AchtungPiano

• Elevated
  • I'm too lazy to change this photo
« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2013, 07:01:10 AM »
I'M SEEING PASSION PIT THIS MARCH!!!  ;D ;D

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2013, 07:29:35 AM »
i've gone to big shows alone. I saw 2 of the 3 Elevation shows alone <got a number the 2nd time i went alone!> Saw the Pixies alone, Smashing Pumpkins alone, Noel G. alone, i'm sure there's more. I'm planning on goin to Killers alone, i know the gf wont wanna spend money on them she's not familiar with them.

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2013, 08:01:04 AM »
Okay so this is a little unrelated, but have any of you ever invited bands to your house for dinner?  I'm seriously considering.  Obviously you'd be hard pressed to invite a group like U2, but don't you think a smaller act would think it novel to have a home-cooked meal and some local adult beverages while they're in the country recording? Talk about a lovely PR opportunity. 

Thoughts?

Offline _acrobat

• Precious Stone
  • We live inside a dream
« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2013, 08:04:00 AM »
I'M SEEING PASSION PIT THIS MARCH!!!  ;D ;D

Someone's lucky! :D

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #159 on: January 30, 2013, 01:26:42 PM »
Okay so this is a little unrelated, but have any of you ever invited bands to your house for dinner?  I'm seriously considering.  Obviously you'd be hard pressed to invite a group like U2, but don't you think a smaller act would think it novel to have a home-cooked meal and some local adult beverages while they're in the country recording? Talk about a lovely PR opportunity. 

Thoughts?

well a small indie band might, i knew a few people on a band called Ozma's forum that actually had the whole band stay overnight at her house while they were in town. The biggest exposure they got was opening for Weezer on the Green Album tour for a few dates.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2013, 01:52:07 PM »
I don't think I would want to go to a concert by myself. I would feel like a pathetic loser. Same with going to the movies. I could see myself going to a movie by myself (which I've never done but I know I will eventually) before going to a concert by myself.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2013, 04:05:32 PM »
I'd need someone to figure out where to go and everything. But if I had to, I could probably go to a concert by myself. If I felt safe.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #162 on: January 30, 2013, 09:00:49 PM »
I don't think I would want to go to a concert by myself. I would feel like a pathetic loser. Same with going to the movies. I could see myself going to a movie by myself (which I've never done but I know I will eventually) before going to a concert by myself.

really? cuz.....i feel like the pathetic loser waiting for flakey friends to show up "yknow, whenever i get there...", who take to long to do everything or just go to the show with me and, well, basically ignore the band on stage, or they're just there to hear "One" and then want to leave or some b.s.

i'd SO much rather go on my own sched. leave when i want and well, lets face it, i can wait longer to buy tickets if i just want ONE good seat. Yea, i used to feel like a loser going alone but then quickly got over it. It's at the point where i prefer going to shows alone.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #163 on: January 30, 2013, 09:27:37 PM »
some of the Movement 2013 lineup's been announced:   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you consider yourself a fan of electronic dance music, you must one day make the pilgrimage to party at this fest in the city that gave birth to techno.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #164 on: January 30, 2013, 09:43:53 PM »

Thoughts?

So decision made? I'd go for it!