Author Topic: Concerts of 2013  (Read 37534 times)

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
  • be the insult u want to make
Re: Concerts of 2013
« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2013, 08:36:20 AM »
Smithereens tickets are on sale for a Detroit date...November 2.

Offline TongueInMyEar

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Love it won't be long....
« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2013, 09:06:15 AM »
I'll say it again since it has more relevance now: My Bloody Valentine at Barrowlands!!
I was excited before but now getting to hear their new album too, it's been a great start to 2013.

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2013, 09:28:35 AM »
Looks like Postal Service is doing more than just Coachella:   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mdmomof7

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2013, 11:06:07 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just got my Killers tickets!!! Thanks Austin for being such a great music city :-)

GA or seat? what'd you pay? i wanna know what my damage is gonna be

Got GA seats...Tickets were $58 but after all the ticketmaster fees the total was $71.25 per ticket!!

k this is what i was expecting, 70. seems i never seem to pay less than 70 for any show these days. well i think trans-siberian orch. was 50? maybe 60....

Good luck with your tickets tomorrow!! Somehow I got a pre-sale code so was able to purchase my tickets today.... ticketmaster fees suck!

Seated tickets for The Killers here in December were much better a week before the concert. The presale tickets were good for GA, but for seats closer in, less than a week before several very close seats were released. They remained empty during our concert!

Taylor Swift seats this May are only $44.65  - save me now!

The Killers in December were $67 for closeish seats.

Close Carrie Underwood w/ Hunter Hayes seat tickets were $80 in November.

Switchfoot at a local club were $30ish in September - terrific deal!

Florence and the Machine Pavillion tickets were $65 in September.

Coldplay in July was $56.50 for row H upper level seats.

U2 GA was $55 for June 2011 - best deal, of course!  ;)

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2013, 04:13:01 PM »
Garbage aren't coming to Pittsburgh, but they are playing in Cleveland and Columbus in late March/early April. Time to convince my mom!

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #200 on: February 07, 2013, 11:46:16 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline emalvick

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #201 on: February 07, 2013, 02:53:05 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

since the image didn't come through so nicely.  I'd love it if I could go to day 1, but it appears they are selling in 3, 4, or 5 day packages.  I still might go, they're offering free shuttle service from my hometown (apparently).

Offline seashells

• Numb
  • Let me in the sound
« Reply #202 on: February 08, 2013, 09:28:15 AM »
Garbage aren't coming to Pittsburgh, but they are playing in Cleveland and Columbus in late March/early April. Time to convince my mom!

Thx for the tip.  I might go to the New York City show.  Can anyone tell me about Terminal 5?

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #203 on: February 08, 2013, 04:33:17 PM »
a couple of hours ago, Trent Reznor tweeted that his new group How To Destroy Angels will be doing a limited number of intimate shows around their Coachella appearance. Ticket info coming next week!

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #204 on: February 08, 2013, 09:03:14 PM »

Thx for the tip.  I might go to the New York City show.  Can anyone tell me about Terminal 5?

I don't know anything about Terminal 5, but a lot of cool acts play there. And it has a cool name. I think it's a GA only venue.

a couple of hours ago, Trent Reznor tweeted that his new group How To Destroy Angels will be doing a limited number of intimate shows around their Coachella appearance. Ticket info coming next week!

I know they won't come here, but that's still cool. I would rather have another NIN tour though.

Offline singnomore

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2013, 02:46:45 PM »
I'll say it again since it has more relevance now: My Bloody Valentine at Barrowlands!!
I was excited before but now getting to hear their new album too, it's been a great start to 2013.

It's bliss to see a post referencing the one and only Barrowlands!!

Offline TongueInMyEar

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Love it won't be long....
« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2013, 03:39:30 AM »

It's bliss to see a post referencing the one and only Barrowlands!!

Indeed. I think this will be my best gig at the Barras though, so far seen these artists there:

Snow Patrol - poor gig, was just after Final Straw came out, support band Delays were much better.
Babyshambles - was a bit of a shambles, best moment was when they played Libertines songs, The View were supporting.
Dirty Pretty Things - better than Babyshambles, but again highlight was Libertines songs.
Morrissey - Really enjoyed this one, great to see a legend.
Basement Jaxx - Fun show this one, if not exactly my type of music.
Ocean Colour Scene - probably best gig I've seen at Barras so far.

MBV I'm hoping will blow those out of the water, so glad they're playing Barrowlands and not the O2 Academy or ABC

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2013, 08:53:06 PM »
Got tickets for the Killers at LA Sports Arena.  It's an old, small, generally grimy venue, but Bruce tore it up last spring so I'm hoping Brandon and friends will do the same.  No GA for us this time, though!  It'll be nice to just show and know the seats are there.  ;D

Offline Zoo TD

• Babyface
  • Scream without raising your voice
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2013, 09:24:33 PM »
Would love to see the Killers (Dave Keuning's from my hometown) but haven't seen a tour date close enough to home yet.  They're definitely at the top of my "haven't seen them yet" list.  The only tickets currently on hand are for NEEDTOBREATHE in May.  I'm definitely in a concert slump following a U2/Muse/Foo Fighters/U2 string of shows during the course of the 360 tour.

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2013, 10:05:41 PM »
^As long as you've got at least one show on the horizon, you're doing it right!  ;D