Author Topic: Bono and Tiesto to Collaborate on Pride reworking  (Read 4803 times)

Offline Droo

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • when the soul wants, the soul waits
Re: Bono and Tiesto to Collaborate on Pride reworking
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2012, 07:31:32 PM »
Eh. I'm not feeling that synth riff. They could have come up with something better than that.

I'll stick to the Perfecto Remix of Lemon and the Zooromancer remix of Salome for my U2 dance fix.

Offline jc619er

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2012, 07:50:25 PM »
This remix is terrible. Sounds exactly like what's all over the radio. Just bad watered down techno. I half expected Nicki Minaj to be on it.

Offline Pocket Merlin

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2012, 08:25:55 PM »
I think it sounds good. Everyone's so overcritical.

Now, the fact that they made a big deal about it to the fan club, making it seem like perhaps some completely new material was going to come out, was a little sh**ty...but meh.

Offline Pocket Merlin

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2012, 08:27:49 PM »
Oh, and I'll add, I think Bono's voice sounds GREAT. Granted, there's tricks for that on a studio recording, but still, those tricks weren't enough to make him sound golden on ATYCLB...there's only so much you can do. I'll be very pleased if he is still in this kind of form for the next album.

Offline Allie79

• Numb
  • Mild, green and squeaky clean
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2012, 08:59:29 PM »
This remix is so uninspired; I would have expected something better from Tiesto.

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
  • be the insult u want to make
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2012, 09:20:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This remix is so uninspired; I would have expected something better from Tiesto.

why? this is what he usually does.

I like the change he made with the chord progression, but his choice of synth tones sinks the whole thing.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2012, 11:34:03 PM »
I've listened to it three times now.  I can't decided whether I like it or hate it.

I do know that I love Bono's newly recorded vocals.  He sounds great.  NOW GET BACK IN THE STUDIO WITH U2

Offline jick

• Desert Rose
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2012, 01:03:18 AM »
U2, not being American, must have gotten the famous days mixed up.  They must have thought Thanksgiving is April Fools.

This collaboration is a joke.

Cheers,

J

Offline Allie79

• Numb
  • Mild, green and squeaky clean
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2012, 04:54:24 AM »

why? this is what he usually does.

I like the change he made with the chord progression, but his choice of synth tones sinks the whole thing.

What you say is true. I'm from the Netherlands and I've watched (and danced to) Tiesto grow from zero to bigger and bigger in the international dance scene and believe me, he's capable of so much more then his current sound or this awful remix. There was a reason why he was nominated and won the best DJ award for years in a row. But nowadays he seems to settle for the typical Tiesto sound which is easy to create but lacks innovation, imagination and depth. I think all those years at the top made him complacent.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2012, 08:10:10 AM »
Forgettable. Like pretty much every other U2 remix.

Offline So Cruel

• Precious Stone
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2012, 09:47:11 AM »
The press release should say

"taken from the album the Unforgettable Fire comes this very forgettable remix...."

I just don't understand U2 and their managment. U2 is a rock band, and thus the majority of their fans are rock fans. Why would they hype some special audio on the bands website and then when their fans log in it's this trance/techno remix? It makes no sense at all. Majority of rock fans (not all of course) are not into trance/techno music. Why pi*s off your fanbase?

Offline LToy

• Refugee
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2012, 04:30:16 PM »
For those of you who would like more ammo to lay into the Bono/Tiesto collaboration, you'll really enjoy watching this video.  DISCLAIMER: this link is for a video that was intended to be a parody, as the original user who posted this video will also attest to.  Please keep in mind it is NOT meant to be taken seriously.
 ;) ;)
Ironically, the last 30 seconds of this video could also apply to U2's career for the last 15-17 years
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 12:21:20 PM by LToy »

Offline So Cruel

• Precious Stone
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2012, 05:26:18 PM »
A conversation overheard in the cafeteria in U2s management building a few months back

Paul McGuinness : So since you guys don't want to record, what are your plans for the next 3 months?

Adam (holding a water bottle): I guess i'll head to Jamaica with a couple of blondes I know
Edge (eating a chicken sandwich): I'm off to Malibu
Bono (after taking down a double Big Mac): Let's see; Vegas, South of France, the Vatican, Washington, New York, London, then gonna do a remix of Pride with Tiesto
Larry (eating a salad): Who the f*** is Tiesto?

Offline The Edges Cat

• Numb
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2012, 06:04:51 PM »
Edge (eating a chicken sandwich): I'm off to Malibu

Edge has some explaining to do, I never saw any of that chicken sandwich.

Offline jick

• Desert Rose
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2012, 06:36:32 PM »
Perhaps U2 have decided to play the "modern game" of the music industry.

Recording new albums make no sense in this new digital age - no profitability, lots of illegal downloads, no guarantee of success.

Reworking old songs - no work, no songwriting, doesn't matter if illegally downloaded because they already made boatloads of money with that song, and song already has a history of past success.

U2 are truly become a singles-only band and doing the smart move of "updating" their classic songs for the new generation by collaborating with a "hip" artist.

Projects like this, and the "hangover" from the massive 360 Tour surely give the band less urgency to record a new album.

Cheers,

J