Author Topic: U2.com Subscribers Exclusive  (Read 22391 times)

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
Re: U2.com Subscribers Exclusive
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2012, 12:31:20 PM »
Even in Southern California I had absolutely zero problems getting tickets without a presale for arena shows.

I saw 4 vertigo shows and 2 elevation shows.

If you want to keep paying your 50 a year for who know when they'll tour again, that's cool.

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2012, 12:38:40 PM »
^ stop bragging. Tell us how you did it  8)

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2012, 01:16:32 PM »
Some during reg on sale. Some at random days later through tm after they were "sold out". Once on eBay paid 30 over cost (but wait until very close) to day of show. Once on day of show.

Really is not very difficult. Key is to not panic if you don't get them right away and then start looking close to time. Also check tm every day.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2012, 01:21:52 PM »
That might work down in southern Cal but where I live there's a lot of real fans and if they announced two arena shows the tickets would be gone in a matter of minutes.

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »
Good tips, jtbaby. TD, which area are you from? I didn't know the diehards were concentrated in any particular city.

Trouble is that fanatics also need to book their plane tickets/make travel arrangements and lodgings. If it were 360, it is very likely that a scalper would cave and sell it at face on the day of the show, possibly an hour before doors. An arena tour?  :o yikes

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2012, 01:31:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Good tips, jtbaby. TD, which area are you from? I didn't know the diehards were concentrated in any particular city.

Manchester.  On the Vertigo tour they sold about 120,000 tickets for two stadium shows.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2012, 01:48:44 PM »
That might work down in southern Cal but where I live there's a lot of real fans and if they announced two arena shows the tickets would be gone in a matter of minutes.

Yeah there's no "real fans" in SoCal.

Hence the reason they play so many shows here.

zootv

« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2012, 01:50:13 PM »
I remember what is was like to get tickets to the Vertigo tour here in NYC and it wasn't easy. One show I had a presale code and it was still tough (although I can't remember why) and the other show at MSG I had to go to eBay.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2012, 01:52:34 PM »
I live in Vancouver and gave up my U2.com membership after they played here in 2009. For me I never found the site very good and used it only for presales. They tour once every 4 to 5 years so thats at least $200 i'd be paying for the presale opportunity. When they played Seattle in 2011 I went on Craigslist and scored 4 floor tickets at only $25 above cost for each. I went with 3 friends so for 1 concert ticket I paid $25 more then ticket price. If I retained my U2.com membership I would have paid $150 in the last 3 years. Now if U2 would make available old shows/dvds from the 80's/90's i'd probably be back in a flash.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2012, 01:54:18 PM »

Hence the reason why you folks in southern Cal are more easily able to get tickets.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »
I live in Vancouver and gave up my U2.com membership after they played here in 2009. For me I never found the site very good and used it only for presales. They tour once every 4 to 5 years so thats at least $200 i'd be paying for the presale opportunity. When they played Seattle in 2011 I went on Craigslist and scored 4 floor tickets at only $25 above cost for each. I went with 3 friends so for 1 concert ticket I paid $25 more then ticket price. If I retained my U2.com membership I would have paid $150 in the last 3 years. Now if U2 would make available old shows/dvds from the 80's/90's i'd probably be back in a flash.

But it'd be worth subscribing if you knew they were going to announce arena dates in Vancouver.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2012, 02:01:00 PM »

Hence the reason why you folks in southern Cal are more easily able to get tickets.

Maybe if there were more real fans in your area they might play more shows there too.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2012, 02:05:33 PM »
They just show contempt to their European fans by playing stadiums instead, whilst southern Cal's are more likely to get arenas for which they'll sell fewer tickets.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2012, 02:08:09 PM »
We get fewer tickets in SoCal.

But "contempt" is making MORE tickets available ?

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2012, 02:10:15 PM »
It's showing contempt by not giving their real fans an opportunity to see them in arenas.