Author Topic: U2.com Subscribers Exclusive  (Read 12123 times)

Offline Droo

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • when the soul wants, the soul waits
Re: U2.com Subscribers Exclusive
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2012, 06:23:00 PM »
I showed up mere hours before the Winnipeg and both Montreal shows last year with GA tickets and got into the inner ring with no problem.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2012, 07:34:05 PM »
Showed up at 11 AM for Paris 2010 and ended up half-way back outside the pit, not even remotely close.

That was because they totally screwed up and opened all the other gates first though, to my MASSIVE irritation.

Offline Droo

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • when the soul wants, the soul waits
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2012, 09:43:12 PM »
Paris is a world capital. Perhaps the location made it problematic to get a good spot.

I literally showed up two hours before showtime at Montreal 2 and strolled into the inner ring, 4 rows of people from the stage.

Offline Number1U2fan

• Refugee
  • "we're one..but we're not the same..."
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2012, 08:35:34 AM »

[/quote]

"Nearly impossible" ?

Hardly.

It's actually fairly easy.

There are many many ways without paying too much, if anything over face, to get tickets.

[/quote]

Yeh if you go through ticket brokers that rip you off. Going through Ticketmasterbater or Live Nation is not that easy any more these days depending on the artist.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2012, 08:40:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"Nearly impossible" ?

Hardly.

There are many many ways without paying too much, if anything over face, to get tickets.

[/quote]

Yeh if you go through ticket brokers that rip you off. Going through Ticketmasterbater or Live Nation is not that easy any more these days depending on the artist.
[/quote]

Not at all.

You're willing to pay $50 a year for a presale which may or may not help but can't pay a small premium for other methods ?

Plus I've rarely paid a premium and still gotten good tickets without presales.

Just got to do your homework.

Offline Number1U2fan

• Refugee
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2012, 08:47:03 AM »

"Nearly impossible" ?

Hardly.

[/quote]

Not at all.

You're willing to pay $50 a year for a presale which may or may not help but can't pay a small premium for other methods ?

Plus I've rarely paid a premium and still gotten good tickets without presales.

Just got to do your homework.

[/quote]

I don't pay $50 (actually $40) just for presales. Though it helps it with good seats, it always as, I'm also a fan. A $125 seat to a U2 show will be $300+++ on any ticket broker sight. I've done my homework because I've looked for friends. I've been to a kazillion shows. I know how it works. Every once in a blue moon you may get lucky on ebay or craigslist just someone looking to get rid of some.

All in all I was just referring to whomever was saying the membership hasn't helped with getting themselves tickets.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2012, 09:00:19 AM »
If you think your only choices are presales or pay more than 2x we are obviously doing things drastically differently.

Offline singnomore

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2012, 09:01:50 AM »
If you think your only choices are presales or pay more than 2x we are obviously doing things drastically differently.

Perhaps enlighten us all then  :)

Offline Number1U2fan

• Refugee
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2012, 09:14:44 AM »

For a U2 show inside an arena???? Good luck the way you have been going about it. For a huge stadium show, then yes tickets would come more easily without paying the membership. A membership presale would be beneficial for the better seats IMO. But for an arena show with THIS BAND, I'll take my chances over and over again with my membership presale because they have been VERY kind to me. Very kind. :D (For example the Elevation and Vertigo Tours). $50 seats for front row=Thank you U2.com membership.

Offline charlottes_mouth

• Wanderer
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2012, 09:39:09 AM »

For a U2 show inside an arena???? Good luck the way you have been going about it. For a huge stadium show, then yes tickets would come more easily without paying the membership. A membership presale would be beneficial for the better seats IMO. But for an arena show with THIS BAND, I'll take my chances over and over again with my membership presale because they have been VERY kind to me. Very kind. :D (For example the Elevation and Vertigo Tours). $50 seats for front row=Thank you U2.com membership.

Not sure about this - I got a membership for the elevation tour and couldn't get a GA. Turns out I got one off ebay for less than the price of a subscription and ticket on u2.com. So I ended up with a useless subscription. You can get GA arena gigs even for massive bands if you wait until a few days before the gig.

I don't know how many other bands charge fans for a pre sale but it's a really unfair system IMO. Plus it's no deterrent to scalpers as they'll happily pay for a subscription if they can make a profit on the tickets. I would say it's just another revenue stream for U2.

All other U2 tours I've gotten tickets just fine without a pre sale.

Offline Number1U2fan

• Refugee
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2012, 09:46:55 AM »

Not sure about this - I got a membership for the elevation tour and couldn't get a GA. Turns out I got one off ebay for less than the price of a subscription and ticket on u2.com. So I ended up with a useless subscription. You can get GA arena gigs even for massive bands if you wait until a few days before the gig.

I don't know how many other bands charge fans for a pre sale but it's a really unfair system IMO. Plus it's no deterrent to scalpers as they'll happily pay for a subscription if they can make a profit on the tickets. I would say it's just another revenue stream for U2.

All other U2 tours I've gotten tickets just fine without a pre sale.

Well you're one of lucky ones I guess :) But in southern california where I hail and I believe the demand is higher, you're taking a huge risk to wait "a couple days" before the show if you REALLY want to see the band. I know some have popped up or released on tickets sites even up to the day of the show but still taking that risk. I guess some are more willing to take then others. Again, my membership through the years has been very beneficial to me for presales. Any other stuff they offer is mindless to me. I'll take it thank you very much but from Propaganda to U2.com membership, I'll continue it.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2012, 10:46:08 AM »

Well "front row" was a lottery for vertigo. Nothing to do with presales.

And arenas are always releasing tickets late once the stage set ups are released , I got a supposedly obstructed view ticket at staples center about 5 rows from edge at the side. Completely unobstructed on vertigo tour and on adams side on the atyclb tour at the same venue. Face value. Ticket b****** also NEVER sells all tickets at the opening. So a sell out one day may have tickets the next. Patience and not panicking are key. There are usually many MONTHS between first on sale and time of show.

San Diego sports arena released tickets on the evening of the show on the vertigo tour.

Offline Number1U2fan

• Refugee
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2012, 11:20:31 AM »

And arenas are always releasing tickets late once the stage set ups are released , I got a supposedly obstructed view ticket at staples center about 5 rows from edge at the side. Completely unobstructed on vertigo tour and on adams side on the atyclb tour at the same venue. Face value. Ticket b****** also NEVER sells all tickets at the opening. So a sell out one day may have tickets the next. Patience and not panicking are key. There are usually many MONTHS between first on sale and time of show.

San Diego sports arena released tickets on the evening of the show on the vertigo tour.

(("Well "front row" was a lottery for vertigo. Nothing to do with presales."))   ....but the presale got me that floor ticket. So it did have something to do with the presale. And being one of the cheaper seats ($50) one would figure those would go the quickest and many people wanted to be on the floor.

Interesting...I was at every show you mentioned. ;)

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2012, 11:27:32 AM »

(("Well "front row" was a lottery for vertigo. Nothing to do with presales."))   ....but the presale got me that floor ticket. So it did have something to do with the presale. And being one of the cheaper seats ($50) one would figure those would go the quickest and many people wanted to be on the floor.

Interesting...I was at every show you mentioned. ;)

I sold my GAs which I got on the reg sale. They paid for my other tickets, beer, parking, gas and a T shirt. Seems we are both comfortable in our methods of getting tickets !

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2012, 11:42:35 AM »
If U2 announce an arena tour then you'd be well advised to have access to any presale if you want to see a show.