Author Topic: Eric Clapton and Florence Welch to Play with the Stones!  (Read 551 times)

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know A body in a soul
Re: Eric Clapton and Florence Welch to Play with the Stones!
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 05:20:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was there it was amazing! Eric Clapton and mick Taylor stole the show! Midnight rambler was incredible.

Poor Flo. She doesn't have that kind of voice. If it made Fergie sound okay...  :'(

Goosebumps!

How was You Can't Always Get What You Want w/ the choir? I'd LOVE to hear that live!

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 05:26:49 PM »
I was there it was amazing! Eric Clapton and mick Taylor stole the show! Midnight rambler was incredible.

Poor Flo. She doesn't have that kind of voice. If it made Fergie sound okay...  :'(

Goosebumps!

How was You Can't Always Get What You Want w/ the choir? I'd LOVE to hear that live!

Fantastic. Yeah Flo doesn't have the soul for it at all. Shame. It turned into a screeching contest with her which was a shame as the band sounded so good on this number. Eric came in and was a different class, he oozes coolness the guy (i'm seeing him in May). As for Mick Taylor, he completely owned MR its just a shame they never played can't you hear me knocking, my fav song.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:29:39 PM by eddyjedi »

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know A body in a soul
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 06:28:55 PM »

Goosebumps!

Fantastic. Yeah Flo doesn't have the soul for it at all. Shame. It turned into a screeching contest with her which was a shame as the band sounded so good on this number. Eric came in and was a different class, he oozes coolness the guy (i'm seeing him in May). As for Mick Taylor, he completely owned MR its just a shame they never played can't you hear me knocking, my fav song.

Was this your first time seeing The Stones? At the time I saw 360, New Year's Day was my favorite U2 song, still top ten, and they didn't play it either show.

I empathize.  I saw that Clapton was touring and thought about getting tickets, but I have seen so many shows this year and spent so much $$ doing so!

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 04:31:00 AM »

Goosebumps!

Was this your first time seeing The Stones? At the time I saw 360, New Year's Day was my favorite U2 song, still top ten, and they didn't play it either show.

I empathize.  I saw that Clapton was touring and thought about getting tickets, but I have seen so many shows this year and spent so much $$ doing so!

yes first time. I can't see them touring extensively.

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
  • ^^rock n roll perfection^^
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 10:49:40 AM »
they are in a no win situation with regards to set lists..they have quite a few MUST plays (though I'd like to delete some of them)...2 NEW songs..that leaves only a few to fill in from 50 years!..I personally would like to hear Lady Jane, just because it's different from Angie or Wild Horses AGAIN..(both great songs btw)...

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »
they are in a no win situation with regards to set lists..they have quite a few MUST plays (though I'd like to delete some of them)...2 NEW songs..that leaves only a few to fill in from 50 years!..I personally would like to hear Lady Jane, just because it's different from Angie or Wild Horses AGAIN..(both great songs btw)...

For me only Tumbling Dice, Jumping Jack Flash, Honky Tonk Women and Brown Sugar are MUST plays.

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 12:29:14 PM »

For me only Tumbling Dice, Jumping Jack Flash, Honky Tonk Women and Brown Sugar are MUST plays.
..agree...but, based on their "history", THEY consider...Paint it Black,Gimme Shelter, Miss You,Honky Tonk,Start Me Up, Tumbling Dice, Brown Sugar,Sympathy, You Can't Aways Get, JJ Flash and Satisfaction are ALL musts....) I could live w/o Miss You and Tumbling...but that's me!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 12:48:55 PM »

..agree...but, based on their "history", THEY consider...Paint it Black,Gimme Shelter, Miss You,Honky Tonk,Start Me Up, Tumbling Dice, Brown Sugar,Sympathy, You Can't Aways Get, JJ Flash and Satisfaction are ALL musts....) I could live w/o Miss You and Tumbling...but that's me!

Based on their history only the songs I mentioned ARE must plays.  I can't remember any full show when any of those songs hasn't been played.

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 12:58:19 PM »

Based on their history only the songs I mentioned ARE must plays.  I can't remember any full show when any of those songs hasn't been played.
right, those are part of what appears to be THEIR must play list!..I'm just glad to see ANYTHING played at a reasonably quality level at this point...as Chuck Leavell said "the train's gonna pull into the station for the final time sometime"..it'll be a sad, but necessary day.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 01:21:59 PM »
Chuck Leavell said "the train's gonna pull into the station for the final time sometime"..it'll be a sad, but necessary day.

The thing is that people have been saying that for more than twenty years and still the silver train is a runnin'.  ;)