Author Topic: Pop-haters thread  (Read 1474 times)

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Yes, I'm a raving feminist. What of it?
Re: Pop-haters thread
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2012, 07:56:40 AM »
Wow. That explains that pophater mystery.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • I'll be the resident brony the forum deserves
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2012, 07:57:13 AM »
Well it was fun while it lasted...

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2012, 08:24:28 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
As you will all see the pophater account has been removed but in the interest of the 'debate' I've not deleted posts or locked this thread. Unless of course I'm compelled to in the future.  :)

:'(

Perhaps there is a way of tracing his/her account to any existing member and he/she can be warned or sanctioned?

I just checked more now, "pophater" was actually quite clever and did his/her research on me trying to be a parody of me.  The impersonator started a thread somewhere about guitar effects of choice and then stated that he uses an M13.

Maybe he/she studied my posting history, found that post about my nephew playing The Edge sounds with his M13, and decided to start that thread to try to impersonate even my nephew.

Sorry if this is getting off tangent now, just needed to vent and make it public that I never make second accounts to post just to agree with myself.  On the opposite end, I find myself many times being disagreed upon by a vast majority so many times in this forum that I am immune to it and don't need to agree with myself. Because on most of my points, U2 agrees with me anyway.

Such as my views on POP.

Cheers,

J

Your IP address isn't public on the forum.

So it was you or it was someone at @u2 who has access to your ip.

You doth protest too loudly.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Yes, I'm a raving feminist. What of it?
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2012, 09:14:36 AM »
On my blog, I can see the IP addresses of the people who have both accessed my blog as well as commented...

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2012, 09:32:35 AM »
If you click the "logged" button on bottom right hand side of any message except your own you'll see the message that states only the mods and you can see the IP address that posted the message.

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know A body in a soul
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2012, 09:51:29 AM »
As you will all see the pophater account has been removed but in the interest of the 'debate' I've not deleted posts or locked this thread. Unless of course I'm compelled to in the future.  :)

Perhaps there is a way of tracing his/her account to any existing member and he/she can be warned or sanctioned?

I just checked more now, "pophater" was actually quite clever and did his/her research on me trying to be a parody of me.  The impersonator started a thread somewhere about guitar effects of choice and then stated that he uses an M13.

Maybe he/she studied my posting history, found that post about my nephew playing The Edge sounds with his M13, and decided to start that thread to try to impersonate even my nephew.

Sorry if this is getting off tangent now, just needed to vent and make it public that I never make second accounts to post just to agree with myself.  On the opposite end, I find myself many times being disagreed upon by a vast majority so many times in this forum that I am immune to it and don't need to agree with myself. Because on most of my points, U2 agrees with me anyway.

Such as my views on POP.

Cheers,

J

Creep by Radiohead playing all the while. Very strange!!

Offline jick

• Desert Rose
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2012, 10:04:47 AM »

Such as my views on POP.

Cheers,

J

Creep by Radiohead playing all the while. Very strange!!

Quite a weird way for a fan of mine to emerge.  It sure is creepy.  Rather than go through the trouble of creating a fake account and trying to pretend to be a groupie of mine, and he/she could have done was contribute to this 21-page epic thread:

It would have done more wonders.

Cheers,

J

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Release date of LP 13 ^
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2012, 10:17:49 AM »
I think we should just shut this thread down. Jick, you could always repost your post about Pop on another thread so people can see it.

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2012, 10:18:22 AM »
Just in case we forget like ;)

Offline jick

• Desert Rose
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2012, 10:22:53 AM »
I think we should just shut this thread down. Jick, you could always repost your post about Pop on another thread so people can see it.

This thread can be shut down. Because although my second post is nothing but facts and excerpts through over a decade of research in international publications, the first post was made by a creep-like fan of mine.

Hence all discussions after his first post are "fruits from a poisonous tree." A new thread can be started, this time be real members with real identities.  But I will not post my research in the POP worship thread because it might be inappropriate for the mood and blind gushing everpresent in that thread.

Cheers,

J

Offline Zoost

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2012, 12:02:41 PM »

This thread can be shut down. Because although my second post is nothing but facts and excerpts through over a decade of research in international publications, the first post was made by a creep-like fan of mine.

Hence all discussions after his first post are "fruits from a poisonous tree." A new thread can be started, this time be real members with real identities.  But I will not post my research in the POP worship thread because it might be inappropriate for the mood and blind gushing everpresent in that thread.

Cheers,

J

That's why its called a worship thread. If you don't like an album or people gushing about it, do not visit the thread and waste your time reading it, let alone posting negativity in it.

Offline Zoost

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2012, 12:03:28 PM »

Cheers,

J

Creep-like I agree with, A fan of yours, not so much  ;)

Nanda360

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2012, 02:37:27 PM »
oh no!  :o what's the purpose of a thread like this? I don't like a couple of U2 albuns (Oct/R&R), but it's not such a violent dislike!

Offline Thunder Peel

• Elevated
  • I am not invisible
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2012, 02:58:58 PM »
Maybe next we'll see the likes of ZooropaModerate pop up....

"Zooropa is decent. I like some of it and hate other parts of it. It's just okay. Discuss!"

;)