Author Topic: Prediction: Two Albums  (Read 2386 times)

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
Re: Prediction: Two Albums
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 03:30:54 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was hoping for a double album, with one half being "rock" and one half being "club."

Aged 50+, that would be cringeworthy thing to do, for a once great Rock band

I agree. Men in their 50's who are rock legends don't need to be making "club" albums.
Yeah, it would be awkward, and if the remix of Pride is anything to go by I don't want to hear such things. But they (or at least Bono) have mentioned making that kind of music in the past. So who knows... They'll probably stick with a rock approach, at least I hope so. But a double album would still be cool.

Offline OnlyU2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 07:05:28 PM »
They were working on 3 album projects even while 360 was still going on.  They were reportedly working with Carl Falk for one of those projects.  Songs of Accent, being that beautiful intimate album, and all their leftover songs from HTDAAB & NLOTH.  I am guessing that these 3 albums will be released one year apart. 

Offline codeguy

• Desert Rose
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 11:02:41 PM »
I think there will be two albums and a club remix limited edition

Offline emalvick

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 02:21:22 PM »
Do I feel a de ja vu moment....  All the speculation is what happened with the last album.   We had rumours of multiple albums in the works of a second release during a tour, which even seemed real given the play of new songs on the tour.  Yet, here we are a few years later, and nothing has happened.  If U2 didn't like it a few years ago, I don't hold much confidence that they'll release it now.

All these locked away tracks probably won't see the light of day until the band is done and they need to go through the next big anniversary box set phase to pad their pockets. 

I may be cynical, but I'll be happy with one album of any kind, and I'm really just hoping the Danger Mouse stuff sees the light of day unlike the Rubin stuff of the past that is still tucked away somewhere.

Offline Dali

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 07:33:42 AM »
Well, one new album would be fine for the time being.

Offline Spilling Over the Brim

• Stateless
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 02:52:16 AM »
Looks like codeguy might be right after all if we are to believe Larry about the future releases -if he was indeed talking about albums.

However I stand by what I posted before. If they do decide to release two albums and the first one isn't received as well as they collectively hoped, then we may see them hold off on the second album or go back to tinkering with it for an extended period of time. I hope that won't be the case. I'd like to see U2 release two albums in close proximity as much as anyone else. Larry's interviews this past week have been some of the best music related news I've heard in a while, and definitely the best in this new year.

Offline codeguy

• Desert Rose
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 08:53:20 AM »
I hate being right all the time, it makes the future far less interesting. 8)

Offline jick

• Desert Rose
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 09:33:50 AM »
They can release 2 albums right now, which will have 3 songs per album.

Or they can release 2 albums over the next 10 years which is more likely.

It's just a matter of context.  The 2-album prediction is still on the money.

Cheers,

J

Offline U2runnr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Vision over visibility
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 03:41:39 PM »
If Larry is even thinking about a possible 2 album release that tells us there are more than 6 songs ready, Jick.
Oh wait, yeah I forgot... Larry doesn't realize there are 3 other members anymore. Old age is sure hitting him hard then huh?