Author Topic: Julian Lennon: New U2 album "mid to late next year" using Julian Lennons Art  (Read 3931 times)

Offline codeguy

• Desert Rose
  • There is no them, there's only us
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote from article:

"I've talked to the U2 boys to ask when I can release all of these," he said. "I'd very much like to put a book together but they've asked me to hold back. They're considering using the images for their artwork on the new album. It should be out mid to late next year."

He also confirms, as we all probably suspected, that the Edge DOES in fact take his hat off occasionally.

Offline BurningDownLove

• Wanderer
  • Have a great day.
THIS IS SO EXCITING (if it's actually true.  At this point I'm not sure what to believe! Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up).

Offline _acrobat

• Precious Stone
  • Am I really all the things that are outside of me?
THIS IS SO EXCITING (if it's actually true.  At this point I'm not sure what to believe! Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up).

My feelings exactly

Offline codeguy

• Desert Rose
  • There is no them, there's only us
Even if it is true, it says 'mid to late' next year, not 'early next year'......still a lot of waiting to do......

Offline _acrobat

• Precious Stone
  • Am I really all the things that are outside of me?
Even if it is true, it says 'mid to late' next year, not 'early next year'......still a lot of waiting to do......
Compared to the past 5 or however many years, a couple months is a piece of cake

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
any chance to figure out more about the art?

Offline AchtungPop

• Running to Stand Still
  • Walk On
I think its definitely true since he doesn't have any reason to make things up. BUT, that doesn't mean its definitely coming out in 6-9 months or whatever, since they can always change their minds.

Offline BurningDownLove

• Wanderer
  • Have a great day.
Compared to the past 5 or however many years, a couple months is a piece of cake

Definitely.

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!

True, plus if a late 2013 release is happening, we get to look forward to the hype build up over next year too - i don't mean Bono's hyperbolic "Edge is on fire" statements, but stuff like magazine interviews with the whole band, song previews/descriptions, stories from inside the studio, maybe even some videoclips from the studio like they did for NLOTH etc...
I love all that pre-release hype, and we probably won't have to wait until autumn next year for it - i'd say between april and june we'll start getting more and more info, certainly more than we've been getting in 2012.

Offline mdmomof7

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Im born again to the latest sound

True, plus if a late 2013 release is happening, we get to look forward to the hype build up over next year too - i don't mean Bono's hyperbolic "Edge is on fire" statements, but stuff like magazine interviews with the whole band, song previews/descriptions, stories from inside the studio, maybe even some videoclips from the studio like they did for NLOTH etc...
I love all that pre-release hype, and we probably won't have to wait until autumn next year for it - i'd say between april and june we'll start getting more and more info, certainly more than we've been getting in 2012.

Another reason to look forward to summer! Better kick my savings into high gear for the summer 2014 Bucket List check off of me following around U2 on tour and hopefully in Dublin for the highlight!

Offline The Edges Cat

• Running to Stand Still
I've slept on The Edge's hat. :)

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
I remember reading an article on Julian taking photos of the band actually. NICE NEWS.

Nice photo of bono too.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:16:29 PM by eddyjedi »

Offline Thunder Peel

• Elevated
  • I'm the Doctor
I'm taking this with a grain of salt but at least it sounds promising. Hopefully news will start flooding in before too long.

Offline dirtdrybonesandstone

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Judas says, John I'm getting nowhere.
New U2 album in 2013?   ROTFL

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
Yeah, I'm taking this news with a big grain of salt.