Author Topic: Julian Lennon: New U2 album "mid to late next year" using Julian Lennons Art  (Read 3885 times)

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
Is it really unrealistic for there to be an album in late 2013? That will be 4 and a half years since NLOTH, and more than 3 years since bono first mentioned the band was working with danger mouse on a new album. Given the gaps between pop, atyclb, htdaab, and nloth, 2013 seems far more likely to me than 2014.

Only other option i can see is them hitting that 'rich, songwriting vein' again in late 2013, and postponing till early 2014... which i suppose is a possibility, but given the time in and out of the studio since 2010, i don't think it would happen.

Offline jick

• Desert Rose
Julian Lennon is not a "veteran U2 forum fan."

He is probably just one of the "newbie eager fanboys" who believe what U2 say hook, line, and sinker.

2013? Not a chance.

Cheers,

J

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

He is probably just one of the "newbie eager fanboys" who believe what U2 say hook, line, and sinker.

2013? Not a chance.

Cheers,

J

Most of us do remember your record of getting almost every prediction wrong throughout the latter part of the 360 Tour, so... we'll see.

For the record, I think their early aim will be to get it in December 2013, so it'll be out in early 2014.

Offline miryclay

• Child of Grace
  • It's 2014
april 2013 we will see new stuff

Offline Pocket Merlin

• Party Girl/Boy
The thing is, if you read the article, it says that U2 told Julian Lennon not to do anything with most of his pics because they're thinking about using them for the album.

My perspective is that I imagine U2 has a lot of respect for Julian and wouldn't just give him some wishy washy "yeah...it'll be out next year...maybe" if they didn't really expect that to happen, because they're asking him to just sit on his own work. Then again, his work wouldn't have much meaning if it weren't for them in the first place, so you could say they should have the right to tell him whatever they want, but still...I would hope that my initial instincts hit close to the truth.

Offline _acrobat

• Precious Stone
  • Am I really all the things that are outside of me?
Optimistic are we? I wish I could be.

Online THRILLHO

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Optimistic are we? I wish I could be.

like the executioner, we've got an insider here

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin

2013? Not a chance.

Cheers,

J

;D

Offline emalvick

• Staring at the Sun
The thing is, if you read the article, it says that U2 told Julian Lennon not to do anything with most of his pics because they're thinking about using them for the album.

My perspective is that I imagine U2 has a lot of respect for Julian and wouldn't just give him some wishy washy "yeah...it'll be out next year...maybe" if they didn't really expect that to happen, because they're asking him to just sit on his own work. Then again, his work wouldn't have much meaning if it weren't for them in the first place, so you could say they should have the right to tell him whatever they want, but still...I would hope that my initial instincts hit close to the truth.

The only problem I have is that I really think U2 sincerely believe themselves when they give dates for releases, etc.  I don't know if their over optimistic about their dates or a bit OCD about the quality of their work (guessing the latter), but just because they may be sincere about getting an album out in 2013, doesn't mean it will happen.

Offline The Edges Cat

• Running to Stand Still
Julian's not allowed to release his photos because he's the first person to ever get photographic proof of The Edge on fire...

Offline Spilling Over the Brim

• Stateless
Julian's not allowed to release his photos because he's the first person to ever get photographic proof of The Edge on fire...

You mean you, his own cat, haven't amassed a plethora of photographic evidence yet? Tell me this isn't true. I'm shocked.

Offline Pocket Merlin

• Party Girl/Boy

You mean you, his own cat, haven't amassed a plethora of photographic evidence yet? Tell me this isn't true. I'm shocked.

He's a cat. He can't hold a camera. Though I would like to see his setup for web browsing and typing.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:47:20 PM by Pocket Merlin »

Offline The Edges Cat

• Running to Stand Still
I have a GoPro, but Bono borrowed it for something. That was six months ago...  ???

Offline miryclay

• Child of Grace
  • It's 2014
how does the GoPro co-ordinate with your hat?

Offline Babyface1411

• Party Girl/Boy

I translated the article with Google:

The new U2 stage is taking shape
Posted on December 19, 2012
According to sources very close to U2, the new stage at the next tour group is taking shape. Chris Howell, sound engineer has declared last week that he had spent a month in a giant warehouse on the outskirts of Dublin with other technicians and workers, to try the new acoustic dimension of the forthcoming tour of the Irish group. Chris did not specify whether Bono & C. were present, but his statements seem to understand that everything is ready for the return of four Dubliners and the show will be 'first "indoor".