Poll

Some people on this forum are convinced that the new album is coming out on November 26th, 2013.

They are absolutely correct, since they have inside info (and refuse to quote their sources).
4 (28.6%)
The world will end this Friday, December 21st.
5 (35.7%)
The world ended last Friday, December 21st.
5 (35.7%)
U2 are re-releasing a famous single from Achtung Baby this Friday, 21st of December.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 31, 2012, 02:30:53 AM

Author Topic: Release date for new album  (Read 1703 times)

Offline The Edges Cat

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Release date for new album
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 03:40:02 PM »
I'm still waiting for the release date of the cat-flap Edge was meant to get Dallas to install in the backdoor of the studio. Stuck in the studio 24/7 listening to U2 record isn't as exciting as you think...

Offline miryclay

• Desert Rose
  • TOR 1&2, MONTREAL 1,3,4
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 07:06:30 AM »
I suppose he could change the kitty litter too

Offline boom boom

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 08:35:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I doubt that U2 have a contract with LiveNation that obliges them to do another three tours in the next eight years.

They signed a 12 year deal with live nation in 2008 which includes handling the band's worldwide touring, merchandising, and the band's U2.com Web site.  I remember reading when the deal first came out that it included 4 tours within that 12 years.  How else is live nation going to make their money back. Just wait and see, and I bet they do 3 more tours by 2020.

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Running to Stand Still
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 09:14:12 AM »
I doubt that U2 have a contract with LiveNation that obliges them to do another three tours in the next eight years.

They signed a 12 year deal with live nation in 2008 which includes handling the band's worldwide touring, merchandising, and the band's U2.com Web site.  I remember reading when the deal first came out that it included 4 tours within that 12 years.  How else is live nation going to make their money back. Just wait and see, and I bet they do 3 more tours by 2020.
According to the contract, I wonder what the minimum number of shows is that constitutes a tour?
Say it was fifty shows, would that mean 360 would count for two tours? There were seven legs after all.
I wonder how much it would cost to break the contract?
Anyway, I seriously doubt they will be doing three tours world wide in the next 8 years. Perhaps they only have to play a handful of shows on two continents to qualify.
They will have to break out the folk music soon and sit on bar stools, if they stand a chance.

Offline boom boom

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 09:47:14 AM »

According to the contract, I wonder what the minimum number of shows is that constitutes a tour?
Say it was fifty shows, would that mean 360 would count for two tours? There were seven legs after all.
I wonder how much it would cost to break the contract?
Anyway, I seriously doubt they will be doing three tours world wide in the next 8 years. Perhaps they only have to play a handful of shows on two continents to qualify.
They will have to break out the folk music soon and sit on bar stools, if they stand a chance.
Well, if you consider that they did do 2 tours from 2000-2008(elevation-vertigo), with 360 starting in 2009,  it's not that far of a stretch that they can squeeze 3 tours by 2020.  It would also coincide with it being their 40th anniversary.  Maybe the last of the 3 will be a 40th anniversary tour with no album to back.  This way they can squeeze in that last tour within that time frame.  Also remember that U2 had a lot of songs ready to go that they reportedly had 3 different projects going, but then everything got shelved.  Maybe they are just figuring out what to release first and finishing working on the unfinished songs.  So maybe they are just waiting and have their own time frame when to release these projects.  They also know that they are not getting younger and it's probably going to hit them if not already that they have to start releasing material at a faster pace.  We will wait and see.

Online Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 09:59:46 AM »
The Mayans tell me the album will be released tomorrow. :P

Offline THRILLHO

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 04:38:02 PM »
Be Here and Executioner have the inside info. They know. Don't doubt.