Author Topic: Amazing Holiday Gifts  (Read 665 times)

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
  • There is no Them, only Us
Re: Amazing Holiday Gifts
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 01:52:14 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What a beautiful story about your Mom Bels... ;)
Thank ocean. I may try to post a picture of it. I forgot how proud my 12 year old self was of that gift. Rather sad I peaked in this category so young!

Offline theocean

• Deep In the Heart
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 06:10:41 AM »
Oh you still have it????

Offline Belisama

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 09:25:55 AM »
Oh you still have it????

I got it after my mother passed away.

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know A body in a soul
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 10:07:40 AM »
I don't know how I didn't see this thread before. :)

Bels - THAT is such an emotional, precious memory. The Little Drummer Boy special is so close to my heart and the Harry Simeone Chorale version of the song from that show is one of my long-time favorite Christmas songs.

Irishfree-My oldest daughter took me to see Celtic Woman a few years ago for my birthday. We had lawn seats at Wolf Trap and even though I've lived here my entire life, I had never been to Wolf Trap. I love that venue, even nicer than Merriweather. They are coming again this summer and we plan to go again. They are wonderful! What a thoughtful gift.

Offline Belisama

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 11:40:54 AM »

Bels - THAT is such an emotional, precious memory. The Little Drummer Boy special is so close to my heart and the Harry Simeone Chorale version of the song from that show is one of my long-time favorite Christmas songs.

Irishfree-My oldest daughter took me to see Celtic Woman a few years ago for my birthday. We had lawn seats at Wolf Trap and even though I've lived here my entire life, I had never been to Wolf Trap. I love that venue, even nicer than Merriweather. They are coming again this summer and we plan to go again. They are wonderful! What a thoughtful gift.

That was Mom's favorite version too!

Offline theocean

• Deep In the Heart
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »
Oh you still have it????

I got it after my mother passed away.

Awh..... ;)

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 04:22:55 PM »

((hugs))

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2013, 08:25:07 AM »

((hugs))

Hugs from me too.

I made my dear friends (married couple) a crochet afghan.  They loved it!   It took me around two months to make. 

Offline Belisama

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2013, 01:05:31 PM »
Jen, what a wonderful idea!

I would say the best gift I have given was those times I didn't think I could make the trek up to see my family for the holidays and then at the last minute did it anyway and surprised everyone. I felt like "Peter" in that Folger's commercial!

However the best actual gift I ever gave was to my mother. Her favorite Christmas carol was The Little Drummer Boy. She was minorly obsessed with it-- she had a collection of Drummers, we always had to watch the special, listen to the song-- she was def a Larry Girl. When I was 12 I worked for a hairdresser who did a lot of crafts. One sommer we were at the local craft store and saw a crewel work of TLB. Carol offered to teach me embrodery so I could make this for my mother as a Christmas gift. I spent the entire summer learning to satin stitch and French Knot and barely by Dec 25th finished the project. My mother cried for over an hour when she opened it and even more so when she realized I had learned embroidery just for her. She is gone now but I still have the piece and it remind me of my mother and going the extra mile for my loved ones.

I thought I would post a picture of the needlework. . .

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2013, 02:51:26 PM »
^Still don't know how to make a heart symbol here, but if I did, it would be a big one for this! So sweet!

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2013, 09:16:37 PM »
Jen, what a wonderful idea!

I would say the best gift I have given was those times I didn't think I could make the trek up to see my family for the holidays and then at the last minute did it anyway and surprised everyone. I felt like "Peter" in that Folger's commercial!

However the best actual gift I ever gave was to my mother. Her favorite Christmas carol was The Little Drummer Boy. She was minorly obsessed with it-- she had a collection of Drummers, we always had to watch the special, listen to the song-- she was def a Larry Girl. When I was 12 I worked for a hairdresser who did a lot of crafts. One sommer we were at the local craft store and saw a crewel work of TLB. Carol offered to teach me embrodery so I could make this for my mother as a Christmas gift. I spent the entire summer learning to satin stitch and French Knot and barely by Dec 25th finished the project. My mother cried for over an hour when she opened it and even more so when she realized I had learned embroidery just for her. She is gone now but I still have the piece and it remind me of my mother and going the extra mile for my loved ones.

I thought I would post a picture of the needlework. . .

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

That is beautiful!