Author Topic: McGuiness Says "2013"  (Read 8986 times)

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
Re: McGuiness Says "2013"
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2012, 07:56:50 PM »
I can't imagine the band not going with a fall release ever again.  U2 seem to get a boost with Q4 Christmas sales.

I'm still hoping for something meditative on the theme of pilgrimage.  Not holding my breath though.

Offline U2runnr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Vision over visibility
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2012, 08:05:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I can't imagine the band not going with a fall release ever again.  U2 seem to get a boost with Q4 Christmas sales.

I'm still hoping for something meditative on the theme of pilgrimage.  Not holding my breath though.
I agree, and I find a Fall 2013 release more realistic than a Fall 2014 release.

zootv

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2012, 09:26:55 PM »
I just find it ridiculous even having this discussion.  No one on this forum has any idea when the new album will be released. All these theory's about 2013 or 2014 are baseless and  without any merit. The album will be out when it's out. Lets move on....nothing to see here.

Offline BurningDownLove

• Wanderer
  • Have a great day.
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2012, 10:06:21 PM »
I just find it ridiculous even having this discussion.  No one on this forum has any idea when the new album will be released. All these theory's about 2013 or 2014 are baseless and  without any merit. The album will be out when it's out. Lets move on....nothing to see here.

I agree.

Offline U2runnr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Vision over visibility
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2012, 11:58:39 PM »

Okay, follow your own advice. Move on, nothing to see here. There was absolutley no meaning behind your post.

Offline singnomore

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2012, 12:56:22 AM »
m2 has been talking this timeline for a while - personally i think there is merit in the rumor and have started my tour fund  ;D

Online jick

• Desert Rose
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2012, 03:55:05 PM »
McGuiness is simply doing his job as band manager and promoter by keeping the fans on their toes.

But a 2013 release would defy father time, the aging process, the theory of productivity decline, and my own analysis which I have already previously shared with the members of this forum. I will post a link for easier reference:

My analysis is purely about the "actual" release date, and nothing to do with band (or managers') expectations, declarations, hyperbole, and the link.

2014 it is.

Cheers,

J

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2012, 04:03:03 PM »
The guys over at interference spotted this journalist on twitter talking about an interview with bono:

Among her tweets, she says:
"so excited for my WORLD exclusive this Sunday"
"There are 20 minutes of the Bono interview in total"
"I got some great gossip for you - wanna know the name of the next U2 album???"
"Interview going out 7:30pm on @1068fm Sunday... It's a doozy :))"

Could be rubbish, and even if Bono does say a lot, i expect the typical hyperbole... still, better than nothing i guess!

Offline U2runnr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Vision over visibility
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2012, 05:28:37 PM »
The guys over at interference spotted this journalist on twitter talking about an interview with bono:

Could be rubbish, and even if Bono does say a lot, i expect the typical hyperbole... still, better than nothing i guess!
Was just about to say something about this. Guess we gotta listen in to find out!

Offline TheU2Ken

• Up With the Sun
  • VOTE FOR THE FORUM AWARDS!!!!!!
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2012, 08:59:09 PM »
hoping this is real  :P

Offline Chargedvt

• Refugee
  • Anxiously awaiting the mythical LP13
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2012, 09:13:37 PM »
Seems like this is for real... there is a photo of Bono with the journalist.
But I have to say, does anyone really think for a minute that Bono would reveal the next album title so far away?  No, it will be a joke of some kind. Cue the usual comments of how sessions are going well, and they are letting the music take them to places, etc, which will then result in people on here deciding that an album won't be out until 2014.

Offline Pocket Merlin

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 12:04:30 AM »
At least we'll get to hear Bono speak publicly in a context that (presumably) won't be focused on humanitarian activities for the first time in quite a while. It should give us at least some kind of new clues.

Offline Pocket Merlin

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 12:20:46 AM »
Seems like this is for real... there is a photo of Bono with the journalist.
But I have to say, does anyone really think for a minute that Bono would reveal the next album title so far away?  No, it will be a joke of some kind. Cue the usual comments of how sessions are going well, and they are letting the music take them to places, etc, which will then result in people on here deciding that an album won't be out until 2014.

The name "No Line On The Horizon" did leak out in interviews before the album was officially announced.

Offline Dali

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2012, 07:30:11 AM »
It's good to find out our favourite band has secured a time window in the promotional timetable of their label now for their next album. I guess the band themselves would also wish they wouldn't have to make compromises regarding the release timetable with other artists from Universal but being on such a big label, even bands as well-known as this one must be team players according to the label's priorities. My guess is that's what all this talk about relevance from a year ago was all about.

Offline THRILLHO

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2012, 08:24:30 AM »

lol. come monday we wont be any closer to knowing anything than we are right now.

Nov 26th 2013, never forget people