Author Topic: Hypocrisy Who are the biggest hypocrites?  (Read 4127 times)

Online AliSPNfan

• Numb
Re: Hypocrisy Who are the biggest hypocrites?
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2013, 10:48:42 PM »
That's a partisan stretch even by your standards

It's the truth.

After what happened in Newtown why should politicians & public figures be allowed to protect their children while the ordinary citizen is told that they might be denied that right? No wonder gun sales are going through the roof.

Offline briscoetheque

• Airborne Ranger
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013, 11:24:43 PM »
see, some would see guns as protection. Others would see them as a threat. No matter whose house or hands they are in.

Now you may not agree with that, and that's fine, but guns do not = undeniable protection.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 06:31:02 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It's the truth.

After what happened in Newtown why should politicians & public figures be allowed to protect their children while the ordinary citizen is told that they might be denied that right? No wonder gun sales are going through the roof.

How is a ban on assault weapons "denying them that right" ?

There are many other kinds of guns you know.

Or maybe you don't.

Online AliSPNfan

• Numb
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 10:45:48 AM »
Gun free zones do not = safety from criminals.I'd rather be trained to fight back than be a sitting duck.

There are many other kinds of guns you know.

Or maybe you don't

I do but maybe you don't.Obama definitely doesn't know the difference between fully or semiautomatic weapons! He just wants all those "cheap handguns" banned, you know the ones that killed 532 in Chicago last year.Those strict gun laws really worked there, didn't they?

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2013, 11:22:58 AM »
So there IS a ban on cheap handguns that apparently isn't working or you're saying Obama WANTS such a ban ? And how did we get to this from my comment about why anyone NEEDS an assault weapon ? Oh yeah that's right because you couldn't come up with a reason. And you don't think there should be gun free zones ? Schools ? Hospitals ? But again it's just a different tangent from your obvious inability to come up with a reason why anyone should need an assault rifle.

Offline Droo

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • when the soul wants, the soul waits
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 02:38:59 PM »

It's the truth.

I'm pretty sure more people are likely to try to fire on a public figure than random Joe Blow from Beertown, Nebraska. It makes sense for public figures such as politicians to have armed bodyguards.

It's not paranoia if someone is likely to try and kill you.

Offline striker

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Dream Out Loud
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 03:53:23 PM »

It's the truth.

I'm pretty sure more people are likely to try to fire on a public figure than random Joe Blow from Beertown, Nebraska. It makes sense for public figures such as politicians to have armed bodyguards.

Yeah. Same reason why the pope drives around in a thick shield of bulletproof glass.

Offline Aqua

• Acrobat
  • adam for trlica 8^)
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 04:05:23 PM »
This was an interesting article I thought, illiterate on this issue though I am.
It comes from a credible source.

Offline striker

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Dream Out Loud
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 12:20:38 PM »
This was an interesting article I thought, illiterate on this issue though I am.
It comes from a credible source.
Yeah, good read.

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2013, 07:29:17 PM »

It's the truth.

is there any proposal out there to ban professional body guards either owning weapons or being hired by private citizens? this would be the only way ali example of hypocrisy would make sense.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • Just a good ol' boy
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 07:29:51 PM »

Y u sey dat?? eye no ov no place like dat n Nebraska.

Besides I could really go for a beer right now!

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 08:42:39 PM »

Y u sey dat?? eye no ov no place like dat n Nebraska.

Besides I could really go for a beer right now!

Yeah, Beertown would be at least in Missouri.

Online AliSPNfan

• Numb
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2013, 11:47:20 AM »
But again it's just a different tangent from your obvious inability to come up with a reason why anyone should need an assault rifle

Do you know what constitutes an 'assault rifle'? I don't think you have a clue. In different US states it varies in definition.California bans semiautomatic guns if they have a detachable magazine and just one other combat-style feature. Connecticut's ban, like the expired federal law, prohibits firearms with detachable magazines and two such features. But Connecticut's definition doesn't restrict magazine capacity. That means the gun the Newtown shooter used, which held 30-round magazines, was legal.Pennsylvania doesn't have any measure banning assault weapons.

Some people want to bans gun because they look scary or think they're 'military grade' weapons. All the assault weapons ban did was ban cosmetic features on semiautomatic weapons.Real military assault rifles have been heavily regulated since 1934 and banned from manufacture since 1986.

The woman who shot the would-be killer/rapist this week had a semiautomatic handgun that held six bullets.She shot the career criminal five times and he still got up, got in his car and tried to escape.Luckily, he was alone, but if he had one or two accomplices the mother of two would have run out of bullets on one home invader and then the outcome could've been a lot worse for her and her terrified children.This woman will probably now arm herself with more than one weapon and keep ammo in various parts of the house for easy access.She might even get an "assault rifle" but I bet burglars and would-be murders/rapist now know not to mess with her!

So there IS a ban on cheap handguns that apparently isn't working or you're saying Obama WANTS such a ban ?
Both, but Obama doesn't get the difference between assault weapons and semiautomatic handguns so he's really talking about banning all guns.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2013, 08:56:51 PM »
So, again, why would any reasonable person NEED an assault rifle ? Regardless of description.

You keep evading the question, or answering by posting something that can be accomplished with a standard handgun.

Focus.

Offline striker

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Dream Out Loud
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »
So, again, why would any reasonable person NEED an assault rifle ? Regardless of description.

You keep evading the question, or answering by posting something that can be accomplished with a standard handgun.

Focus.

5 bucks says 'Obama' will be in the response somehow.