Author Topic: New Album In (Anyone Care To Make A Guess?) Thread!  (Read 717815 times)

Offline SDD3000

• Stateless
Re: New Album In (Anyone Care To Make A Guess?) Thread!
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2013, 01:46:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Holy crap!  TWO new releases possible in 2013?!  YES!

I find this highly suspect. The band, according to Bono, only has six songs right now, and they're talking about two albums? The only way this happens is if they actually release SOA in its 2009 form. Otherwise, they just don't have the material, in my opinion.
They could have a lot of material already in the can but Bono feels like out of it all there are only 6 stunners..? Who knows. But because SOA got dumped and all the new stuff they played on the 360 tour i reckon they have quite a bit of material backed up. But i hope the album is ALL new stuff. I dont mind EBW and North Star in its first play sounded great. However that studio version was pretty bad. Save these for B sides!

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2013, 01:48:38 PM »

I find this highly suspect. The band, according to Bono, only has six songs right now, and they're talking about two albums? The only way this happens is if they actually release SOA in its 2009 form. Otherwise, they just don't have the material, in my opinion.
They could have a lot of material already in the can but Bono feels like out of it all there are only 6 stunners..? Who knows. But because SOA got dumped and all the new stuff they played on the 360 tour i reckon they have quite a bit of material backed up. But i hope the album is ALL new stuff. I dont mind EBW and North Star in its first play sounded great. However that studio version was pretty bad. Save these for B sides!

There is no way we'll get any of these. It'll be brand new material.

Offline SDD3000

• Stateless
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2013, 01:54:37 PM »

Ooohh i hope so!!!

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2013, 02:03:15 PM »

Ooohh i hope so!!!

"You have to reject one expression of the band, first, before you get to the next expression, and in between you have nothing, you have to risk it all" - Bono, From the sky down

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2013, 02:04:57 PM »

They must have a massive amount of shelved songs from previous sessions.

Offline Pocket Merlin

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2013, 02:06:40 PM »
I like how Larry referred to Danger Mouse as "Brian Burton of Dangermouse," as if he thinks Brian Burton is in a band called Dangermouse.

Offline MASTER YODA

• Staring at the Sun
  • Patriots 2017!!!
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2013, 02:18:57 PM »
I wonder if Larry is purposely (and publicly) drawing this line in the sand to motivate the rest of the band to get back to work...

I was Lol'ing too

Offline U2runnr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Vision over visibility
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2013, 02:36:45 PM »

Well bono never actually said there are only 6 songs. Having 6 reasons to exist could be a little different than 6 songs.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2013, 02:40:45 PM »

Well bono never actually said there are only 6 songs. Having 6 reasons to exist could be a little different than 6 songs.

exactly. 6 great songs at the moment is what i took that too mean. there's no way i buy that there'll be 2 albums in 2013. 1? yea probably. 2? not likely

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2013, 02:46:06 PM »

exactly. 6 great songs at the moment is what i took that too mean. there's no way i buy that there'll be 2 albums in 2013. 1? yea probably. 2? not likely

one this year, one next year.

Offline hibricc

• Babyface
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2013, 02:48:19 PM »
I wonder if Larry is purposely (and publicly) drawing this line in the sand to motivate the rest of the band to get back to work...
I was Lol'ing too

I was actually imagining each of the others reading Larry's quote on atu2.com, and spitting their coffee all over their iPad.  "Wha-wha-WHAAAAAAT?"

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2013, 03:02:12 PM »
My theory of this being the next AB is this much closer to coming true.  It could be album in Sept/Oct, second shorter album next year, just like zooropa.  This confirms they've been working with dangermouse, who really does have te possibility to completely revamp their sound.  I have high hopes, folks.

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2013, 03:10:43 PM »
ugh. I really. REALLY hope this is the real deal

Offline U2runnr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Vision over visibility
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2013, 03:14:18 PM »

I agree , no way 2 albums in 2013. If they wanted to try to pull that off, maybe one in September and something in 2014 and a tour for both. That would give them what they need to re invent the tour as well!

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2013, 03:14:36 PM »

I'm very sceptical. Still think EBW, North Star and Mercy are all very likely.