Author Topic: New Album In (Anyone Care To Make A Guess?) Thread!  (Read 722033 times)

Offline MASTER YODA

• Staring at the Sun
  • Patriots 2017!!!
Re: New Album In (Anyone Care To Make A Guess?) Thread!
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2013, 11:14:06 AM »
So are they really gonna release North Star, Winter, Stingray guitar, Soon, etc. on this new album?

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2013, 11:25:08 AM »
So Danger Mouse and Songs of ascent are presumably the two releases Larry is referring to ?

Offline hibricc

• Babyface
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2013, 11:28:32 AM »
I wonder if Larry is purposely (and publicly) drawing this line in the sand to motivate the rest of the band to get back to work...

Offline U2runnr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Vision over visibility
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2013, 11:50:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Or one will be for the fan club only...?
I could live with that!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2013, 11:59:21 AM »
I wonder if Larry is purposely (and publicly) drawing this line in the sand to motivate the rest of the band to get back to work...
A man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do. Go Larry!

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2013, 12:04:45 PM »
So are they really gonna release North Star, Winter, Stingray guitar, Soon, etc. on this new album?

I hope not.

Offline larrylove

• Stateless
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2013, 12:08:45 PM »
good news the kind we were all waiting for.

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2013, 12:24:10 PM »
I'm not going to take that as confirmation, but it's good to know that they're at least PLANNING to release something this year.

Offline Manos73

• Numb
  • Stop trying to change the world, I like it.
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2013, 01:16:08 PM »
Soon was released as a 7-inch in the Rose Bowl deluxe set and later as a U2.com download.  I don't expect to see it again.  I understand the rest of the band wasn't impressed with it as much as Bono.

Winter demo was released on the Linear DVD and a studio version ran over the end credits of the Brothers movie and is easy to get a copy of.  The song was actually  nominated for a Golden Globe.  I think that type of recognition will keep it from being on the next record but I could be wrong. 

Stingray was an instrumental and I doubt it would be on the next album unless it becomes a snippet in another track.

The other new songs they played were North Star, Glastonbury, Every Breaking Wave, Mercy and Boy Falls From The Sky.

I don't think Boy Falls From The Sky will get released because of the way songs are written/credited internally in the band.  But I still think it makes a decent U2 track and it would be nice to have their version of it.

Glastonbury sounded great but the lyrics were weak.  Maybe DM helped retool this track.

Mercy - the 2004 leak was wonderful, the live version not so much.  I think this track will eventually be b-sided.  I think North Star will be as well.

EBW - we haven't heard the rockin version of this song.  I just don't know.  But the live version didn't speak single material to me.

I would love them to set aside all of those tracks and release them as the 2014 fan club record:

1.Soon
2.Winter
3.Stingray
4.North Star
5.Glastonbury
6.Every Breaking Wave
7.Mercy
8.Boy Falls From The Sky
+2

To round out to ten maybe throw in two tracks they worked on during the same time period, Yoshino Blossom and Disappearing Act.  Think how many U2.com subscriptions that would sell!

And the record would be all new songs.   

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:21:49 PM by Manos73 »

Offline spooked1oo

• Numb
  • Fourty-five lightyears from home
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2013, 01:20:12 PM »
Soon was released as a 7-inch in the Rose Bowl deluxe set and later as a U2.com download.  I don't expect to see it again.  I understand the rest of the band wasn't impressed with it as much as Bono.

Winter demo was released as on the Linear DVD and a studio version ran over the end credits of the Brothers movie and is easy to get a copy of.  The song was actually  nominated for a Golden Globe.  I think that type of recognition will keep it from being on the next record but I could be wrong. 

Stingray was an instrumental and I doubt it would be on the next album unless it become a snippet in another track.

The other new songs they played were North Star, Glastonbury, Every Breaking Wave, Mercy and Boy Falls From The Sky.

I don't think Boy Falls From The Sky will get released because of the way songs are written/credited internally in the band.  But I still think it makes a decent U2 track and it would be nice to have their version of it.

Glastonbury sounded great but the lyrics were weak.  Maybe DM helped retool this track.

Mercy - the 2004 leak was wonderful, the live version not so much.  I think this track will eventually be b-sided.  I think North Star will be as well.

EBW - we haven't heard the rockin version of this song.  I just don't know.  But the live version didn't speak single material to me.

I would love them set aside all of those tracks and release them as the 2014 fan club record:

1.Soon
2.Winter
3.Stingray
4.North Star
5.Glastonbury
6.Every Breaking Wave
7.Mercy
8.Boy Falls From The Sky
+2

To round out to ten maybe throw in two tracks they worked on during the same time period, Yoshino Blossom and Disappearing Act.  Think how many U2.com subscriptions that would sell!

As long as we get the recording of North Sar from Transformers, I'm okay.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2013, 01:21:19 PM »
Holy crap!  TWO new releases possible in 2013?!  YES!

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2013, 01:30:39 PM »

Winter demo was released as on the Linear DVD and a studio version ran over the end credits of the Brothers movie and is easy to get a copy of.  The song was actually  nominated for a Golden Globe.  I think that type of recognition will keep it from being on the next record but I could be wrong. 

Stingray was an instrumental and I doubt it would be on the next album unless it become a snippet in another track.

I would love them set aside all of those tracks and release them as the 2014 fan club record:

1.Soon
2.Winter
3.Stingray
4.North Star
5.Glastonbury
6.Every Breaking Wave
7.Mercy
8.Boy Falls From The Sky
+2

As long as we get the recording of North Sar from Transformers, I'm okay.

Why? Because it hasn't been released? It sounds incredibly cheesy.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2013, 01:30:50 PM »
Holy crap!  TWO new releases possible in 2013?!  YES!

I find this highly suspect. The band, according to Bono, only has six songs right now, and they're talking about two albums? The only way this happens is if they actually release SOA in its 2009 form. Otherwise, they just don't have the material, in my opinion.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2013, 01:41:07 PM »
Releasing two new albums in a year isn't gong to maximise sales, so that alone should tell us that we won't be getting two new albums.  U2 didn't even release their last three remasters from the back catalogue in the same year.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2013, 01:45:25 PM »
Releasing two new albums in a year isn't gong to maximise sales, so that alone should tell us that we won't be getting two new albums.  U2 didn't even release their last three remasters from the back catalogue in the same year.

The same applies to original B-sides, unfortunately. I think the days of U2 releasing those are long gone.