Author Topic: Rolling Stone Don Johnson Interview- Meeting U2  (Read 7917 times)

Offline JonD

• Stateless
Rolling Stone Don Johnson Interview- Meeting U2
« on: January 10, 2013, 05:29:00 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but at the end of Don Johnson's interview in the latest issue of RS (Jimmy Kimmel cover) about Django/his career he mentions meeting U2.

Quote: 

"Well actually during Miami Vice it was pre-AIDS.  Sodom and Gomorrah, baby.  Like when I was living in Miami, I'd have three or four of my buddies over and have my assistant call the modelling agencies and order five girls from each agency. So like 25 girls. Blondes, redheads, just mixture.  One time I had U2 over.  Bono walks in, he goes, "What the f&&$!?  You do this every night? Every Saturday night. He said, "I'll be back!" It was a blast.  And the only rule was, I get to pick first."

I didn't know the band partied so hard in the 80's!  Btw I must admit I still have fond memories of Miami Vice and bought the seasons on sale.  Love the 80s soundtrack and still like many of the shows!:-)
Jon

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: Rolling Stone Don Johnson Interview- Meeting U2
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 05:41:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but at the end of Don Johnson's interview in the latest issue of RS (Jimmy Kimmel cover) about Django/his career he mentions meeting U2.

Quote: 

"Well actually during Miami Vice it was pre-AIDS.  Sodom and Gomorrah, baby.  Like when I was living in Miami, I'd have three or four of my buddies over and have my assistant call the modelling agencies and order five girls from each agency. So like 25 girls. Blondes, redheads, just mixture.  One time I had U2 over.  Bono walks in, he goes, "What the f&&$!?  You do this every night? Every Saturday night. He said, "I'll be back!" It was a blast.  And the only rule was, I get to pick first."

I didn't know the band partied so hard in the 80's!  Btw I must admit I still have fond memories of Miami Vice and bought the seasons on sale.  Love the 80s soundtrack and still like many of the shows!:-)
Jon

Had a huge crush on Don Johnson. I even bought his cassettes! ;-) LOVED Miami Vice!!! Had all the episodes on VHS that I recorded...

Bono - Don needs to pick first? Uh... :(

And the series ended after Aids was known...I guess Don was lucky...

Offline JonD

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 05:57:25 PM »

Quote: 

Jon

Had a huge crush on Don Johnson. I even bought his cassettes! ;-) LOVED Miami Vice!!! Had all the episodes on VHS that I recorded...

Bono - Don needs to pick first? Uh... :(

And the series ended after Aids was known...I guess Don was lucky...

Nice to hear from another Miami Vice fan!  Didn't Race Against Time appear in an episode?  I'm pretty sure I remember it.  But the big question remains:  was the black car (Spider?) or the white Lamborghini the cooler car?:-) I remember being so "shocked" when the black car was blown up! Ah memories...
Jon

Offline bethere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 05:58:22 PM »

Quote: 

Jon

Are you suggesting Bono cheated on Ali?

Offline JonD

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 06:14:14 PM »

Quote: 

Jon

Are you suggesting Bono cheated on Ali?

I just quoted the interview and jokingly noted that I didn't envision u2 partying hard like that in the 80s.  I always assumed it was a 90s lifestyle.  If you wish to infer infidelity then that is your prerogative.  The quotation is verbatim and I was not "suggesting" anything.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:16:08 PM by JonD »

Offline Georgia

• Elevated
  • Contradiction is Balance
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 06:16:51 PM »

Quote: 

Jon

I'm not sure I put much stock in what Don Johnson has to say...

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 06:23:31 PM »
And Bono said I'll be back...so was he?

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 08:00:08 PM »
The first episode of miami vice featured "wire".

And if anyone really believes Bono et al haven't cheated/done drugs/partaken in rock'n'roll lifestyle then I'd suggest you are maybe a bit naive.

None of us know for sure, but c'mon.....that lifestyle after all did claim one U2 marriage already.

Offline MASTER YODA

• Staring at the Sun
  • Patriots 2017!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 08:17:58 PM »
has Bono cheated on Ali ever?
I think I read it in U2 by U2, but I wasn't sure.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 08:40:50 PM »
Unlikely we will be in the loop on that.

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 09:47:20 PM »
Bono had an affair with Don Johnson?!

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 01:26:29 AM »
has Bono cheated on Ali ever?
I think I read it in U2 by U2, but I wasn't sure.

No, that is never explicitly stated in U2 by U2, nor do I recall it even being implied.

Bono had an affair with Don Johnson?!

:o  For some reason that sounds better than "Bono had an orgy with Don Johnson" LOL :D

I have a sudden urge to listen to "You Belong to The City" now. Living in a river of darkness under the neon lights

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 05:51:29 AM »

And if anyone really believes Bono et al haven't cheated/done drugs/partaken in rock'n'roll lifestyle then I'd suggest you are maybe a bit naive.

None of us know for sure, but c'mon.....that lifestyle after all did claim one U2 marriage already.

Cool, so now we're off from Bono cheating to Edge cheating on his wife.

Some people seem to know just everything.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 06:08:38 AM »
How does "none of us know sure " get interpreted as "some people know everything" ????

Rif.org

Offline bethere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 10:57:58 AM »

Actually, the rumor is that it was Edge's Wife that cheated on him. Remember the line in So Cruel, "her lips say one thing, her movements something else".

Yep, who knows. It is possible, as unlikely as it seems, that Bono has only been with one person in his entire life.