Author Topic: Rolling Stone Don Johnson Interview- Meeting U2  (Read 8093 times)

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
Re: Rolling Stone Don Johnson Interview- Meeting U2
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 01:57:08 PM »
I heard that although Bono was pretty squeaky clean during the '80s, there were times during the mid-'90s when he wouldn't even rewind videos when he'd return them to the store. But then, such claims have never been confirmed.

Offline bethere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 03:43:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I heard that although Bono was pretty squeaky clean during the '80s, there were times during the mid-'90s when he wouldn't even rewind videos when he'd return them to the store. But then, such claims have never been confirmed.

Rewind videos? Assuming that Bono has even rented a video in his life, what does rewinding them have to do with anything?

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 03:44:15 PM »
What's a video?

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 04:00:21 PM »

Rewind videos? Assuming that Bono has even rented a video in his life, what does rewinding them have to do with anything?

Oh. Gosh. Please please say you're not seriously asking this.

Offline JonD

• Stateless
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 04:01:04 PM »

I remember, back in the 80's/early 90's, whenever I rented a VHS tape there was always a sticker that stated: "Be kind please rewind".  It was meant to be polite to the store or to the next renter.  I always felt guilty if didn't! LOL
Jon

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 04:12:24 PM »
"Be kind please rewind".

That should be the title of U2's next album! If only they could rewind. ;)

Yeah I was the same, and it drove my family nuts -- I always insisted on rewinding videos before taking them back to the video store. Plus, you got fined if you didn't do it. Ah, those were the days... hey, I still have U2's Numb on VHS. I no longer have a video player though.

Offline bethere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 04:13:10 PM »

I am seriously asking this, and since you seem to know the answer, please enlighten me.

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 04:14:21 PM »

Only Nazis and kitten haters don't rewind their tapes. Hitler was a total shocker for it!!!

*BAM* Godwin Probability 1!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bethere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 04:15:41 PM »

I remember, back in the 80's/early 90's, whenever I rented a VHS tape there was always a sticker that stated: "Be kind please rewind".  It was meant to be polite to the store or to the next renter.  I always felt guilty if didn't! LOL
Jon

Oh, so this is evidence of Bono's rudeness in the 90s, provided Bono actually rented videos.

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 04:15:55 PM »
Bono never rented videos himself personally, he had staff that did it for him. It's his personal assistant who never rewound the tapes, but she blames Bono in her tell-all autobiography, "Don, Bono, and Video Tapes."

U2 should release their new album on VHS.

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 04:18:33 PM »
Bono never rented videos, he had staff that did it for him. It's his personal assistant who never rewound the tapes, but she blames Bono in her tell-all autobiography, "Don, Bono, and Video Tapes."

Hey, the Foo Fighters went all analogue on their last album, why not?

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 04:19:04 PM »

I am seriously asking this, and since you seem to know the answer, please enlighten me.

Www.Tinyurl.com/89ffo3s

Offline MASTER YODA

• Staring at the Sun
  • Patriots 2017!!!
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 04:25:31 PM »
Bono never rented videos, he had staff that did it for him. It's his personal assistant who never rewound the tapes, but she blames Bono in her tell-all autobiography, "Don, Bono, and Video Tapes."

Sounds gross  :o

Offline bethere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 04:31:02 PM »
Bono never rented videos himself personally, he had staff that did it for him. It's his personal assistant who never rewound the tapes, but she blames Bono in her tell-all autobiography, "Don, Bono, and Video Tapes."

Well, I thought everything would first, have been purchased, and second, be on laser disc.

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 04:32:17 PM »

Sounds gross  :o

Wasting Light sounds gross, or you're managing to come up with some form of innuendo that I haven't thought of (if this is the case, I must be losing my filthy touch!!!  ... now that sounds gross :P )?