Author Topic: Love: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly  (Read 9537 times)

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • ^ my face every time the album is delayed
Re: Love: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2013, 12:46:49 PM »
I am preparing to ask out a good friend of mine on Valentine's day. I've been contemplating it for awhile, and probably have mentioned it numerous times beforehand.

What I was going to do is hand write a letter to her and attach it with a single Rose and leave it on her desk in her room (She lives right across from my room, and I'm friends with the others in the room so they won't mind). However I wouldn't sign it, and instead kinda leave it as a mystery. And while she would try to figure out who its from, I would try and help her figure out who it is, with the eventuality being that it was me all along.

I thought it would be kinda nice and different, even if a bit cheesy.  :D

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Yes, I'm a raving feminist. What of it?
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2013, 03:14:30 PM »
Good luck, Middy. I hope that doesnt backfire on you. I had a good friend do something similar to that to me and I wasnt interested in him in the same way... I was so embarrassed.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2013, 03:14:47 PM »
I think the rose and note sounds romantic, if it's taken seriously, but I think I would be annoyed if I found out the guy who'd been helping me figure out the secret not only knew the answer all along, but was the person who left the note. I also would probably ask that guy beforehand if it was him. But you probably know this girl well and can gauge her reaction to these things. That's just how I would feel.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Release date of LP 13 ^
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2013, 04:41:13 PM »
Still unsure if I should ask my crush out on Valentine's Day or not... and I'm running out of time!

Best of luck to you, Middy!

Offline theocean

• Deep In the Heart
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2013, 10:39:29 AM »
Middy, that is the kind of guy any girl would love, romantic, especially on Valentines Day..oh nice. :)

Starman, you only live once, ASK!!! ;)

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2013, 10:48:44 AM »
Star, I agree with ocean... ask... But have a good plan of where you want to go so that you can say, "Hey, do you want to go with me to x on Valentine's Day?"

Or you could ask if she wants to be your Valentine. That's probably a little forward, tho. But, heck, we used to all give each other Valentines Day cards in kindergarten!

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2013, 10:51:51 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think the rose and note sounds romantic, if it's taken seriously, but I think I would be annoyed if I found out the guy who'd been helping me figure out the secret not only knew the answer all along, but was the person who left the note. I also would probably ask that guy beforehand if it was him. But you probably know this girl well and can gauge her reaction to these things. That's just how I would feel.

Actually now that you mention it I'm not entirely sure if she'll do that.

But hopefully it works out like I planned.  :D

Middy, that is the kind of guy any girl would love, romantic, especially on Valentines Day..oh nice. :)

I always try to be that type of guy. Which is also why I question being single for as long as I have been.  :D

Offline theocean

• Deep In the Heart
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2013, 10:59:11 AM »
Yes, middy, you are one of those guys that girls look for......believe me, most men are not
that way....you won't be single long... :)

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2013, 11:02:47 AM »
Yes, middy, you are one of those guys that girls look for......believe me, most men are not
that way....you won't be single long... :)

I hope so  :)

It doesn't help that I'm not the most social being in the world either.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2013, 11:14:56 AM »
I beg to differ... I've dated a lot of great guys... Although, I admit, that both my first husband and my husband-to-be were and are extraordinary men... But I tend to pick the sensitive, sweet ones... I dont like those stereotypical tough guys. It's okay if you cry in front of me. (My fiance cried at the end of Polar Express, right along with me! He also gets teary-eyed occasionally when expressing what I mean to him... I totally think he's going to cry while saying our wedding vows. ;) )

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2013, 11:18:55 AM »
I beg to differ... I've dated a lot of great guys... Although, I admit, that both my first husband and my husband-to-be were and are extraordinary men... But I tend to pick the sensitive, sweet ones... I dont like those stereotypical tough guys. It's okay if you cry in front of me. (My fiance cried at the end of Polar Express, right along with me! He also gets teary-eyed occasionally when expressing what I mean to him... I totally think he's going to cry while saying our wedding vows. ;) )

If the girl I'm going for is into that sort of thing (which I'm not sure about) then it'll be perfect.  :D

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2013, 11:25:11 AM »

If the girl I'm going for is into that sort of thing (which I'm not sure about) then it'll be perfect.  :D

Probably most girls are. The girls who have a man who's all stereotypical male are always trying to change the guy to be more sensitive... or they are constantly frustrated that he's not... :)

But there probably are some girls who like overtly masculine men... I dont know. I personally like good boys... Some girls are into bad boys.... Not me, really.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2013, 12:52:55 PM »
I reckon if someone sent Middy an anonymous Valentine card, he'd be a right Farmer Boldwood.

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2013, 02:15:07 PM »
I reckon if someone sent Middy an anonymous Valentine card, he'd be a right Farmer Boldwood.

This sounds like a book reference, but I have no idea what from.

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Precious Stone
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2013, 07:55:54 PM »
Today my students had to participate in a workshop called "Healthy Relationships" with a representative from one our local non-profit health organizations. The facilitator led the group of 45 17-18 year olds through a really good discussion on what was healthy, unhealthy, and neutral in romantic relationships.  Even though some of the discussions were a little frank (we somehow veered into sexual addiction), I was really impressed by how level-headed and insightful these teenagers were. They could have goofed off to get laughs or ignored the facilitator, but all were mature and engaged. 

I consider this teenage humanity's Valentine's Day gift to me.  Now if only all these young people would practice what they were so able to preach!