Author Topic: Reputable ticket sellers  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Abbey

• Stateless
Reputable ticket sellers
« on: January 25, 2013, 10:10:19 PM »
I've only bought concert tickets at face value from ticketmaster in the past, but I'm trying to get tickets to my husband's favorite band Yes for his birthday and they're sold out.  I know Stubhub and Ticketsnow are reputable but the ticket prices are pretty steep.  What other reputable sites can I try?  Also, will the ticket prices just keep rising from here...the concert is on April 9th and I don't know whether to wait it out a bit or grab what I can now.

Thanks.

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
Re: Reputable ticket sellers
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 10:31:10 PM »
Try their fan site, usually there are people who can't make it to shows and will sell tickets at face value, just check and make sure they're a long term member of the site and it's the real deal before you fork out.

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 10:41:01 PM »
You may already know this, but you can set up notifications on stubhub to email you if the ticket prices drop to a certain level. I think it's called "Price Alert."  If you're keeping the concert in your back pocket as a surprise gift, it might be worth it to wait a bit longer and see if they go down.

Offline seashells

• Staring at the Sun
  • Let me in the sound
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 07:24:22 AM »
I got tickets for a sporting event through ticketstub and everything worked out fine.

Offline Spaceman

• Child of Grace
  • Spaceman Jr.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 09:33:11 AM »
I don't know about other sites but I've bought loads of tickets off ebay in the past and from experience I can tell you the longer you leave it, the cheaper it will be. In fact, if I know a show is gonna sell out mega fast, I don't even bother trying to get tickets on day of release anymore. I just get my tickets off ebay about a week before the show and I usually pay LESS than face value. It's risky. I know some people have had trouble before buying tickets on ebay, but personally I've never had any bother myself.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 01:53:05 PM »
If you want to chance it, there's often a ticket drop a few days before the show. You just have to keep checking.

Offline Abbey

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 06:46:14 PM »
Thanks for the great suggestions, I will try them.  I have been checking stubhub and ticketsnow every day for the past week, and I'm getting nervous as the lowest priced tickets are climbing to $150, up from $115! 

These two sites are okay aren't they?  The concert is in a small venue, so my  husband doesn't care if he's in the last row.  But I mean if I'm going to shell out $300 for 2 tickets, they better be authentic!

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 09:35:41 PM »
Stubhub has a guarantee and they tell you to take along their phone number should you encounter any problems at the venue.  We've never had any issues an we've probably bought tickets two dozen times in the last few years.

Offline Abbey

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 11:36:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Stubhub has a guarantee and they tell you to take along their phone number should you encounter any problems at the venue.  We've never had any issues an we've probably bought tickets two dozen times in the last few years.

Thank you, I'm glad to hear that :)  I signed up for the price alerts and hopefully the prices will drop a bit.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:38:42 AM by Abbey »